Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: and now they dump Sidney Powell
Posted by: Rolando
Date: November 22, 2020 06:35PM
space-time
[www.politico.com]

From Twitter: "Did she ask for payment up front?"

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: $tevie
Date: November 22, 2020 06:42PM
Too crazy for Rudy and Donnie. THAT is crazy!

Posted by: pdq
Date: November 22, 2020 07:40PM
$tevie

Well, she did tell Newsmax TV that her new Georgia case will be "biblical".

nuts smiley

Keep it up, Trump - between this and Caputo, each and every Republican will have to choose between you+looney tunes associates vs rationality.

Most, but not all, will choose the former, sadly. But in any case, it's going to split the GOP.

...which seems like karma to me.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: November 22, 2020 08:05PM
Powell's Twitter stream reads like something straight out of QAnon - every crackpot theory you can image lives there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/22/2020 08:06PM by RgrF.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: November 22, 2020 08:13PM
$tevie

I assume that she was on stage because they invited her to be there, so there was some time that they didn't think she was too crazy. I suspect it was only after they got feedback that they realized... oops. I think it's another sign that Rudy is asking his mind and body to do things that they aren't up to doing.
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: November 23, 2020 08:35AM
too bad...she was even more entertaining than Rudy...
Posted by: pdq
Date: November 23, 2020 08:58AM
I read in today’s paper that it might have been that she is going after Republicans, claiming they were paid off by Dominion to switch votes or something like that. That violates St. Ronnie’s dictum to never speak ill of another Republican.

IIRC, even William F. Buckley used to gripe about having to deal with the cranks and kooks in the Republican party. Now they’re at the verge of taking over (or splitting the party).
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 23, 2020 09:51AM
Tucker Carlson didn’t like her. That was all it took. If the Tuck was good with her, she’d still be on the team.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: November 23, 2020 11:55AM
.....that's....tucked up......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: GGD
Date: November 23, 2020 12:19PM
Speedy
Tucker Carlson didn’t like her. That was all it took. If the Tuck was good with her, she’d still be on the team.

I think Tucker's problem with her is that she wouldn't return his calls. Those calls were asking her to share her "evidence".
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: November 23, 2020 01:07PM
That whole thing was bizarre, why would Tucker Carlson have done that to Sidney Powell to begin with? It’s not like he ever cared about the truth on his show before. I wonder what the deplorable think now, do they hate Carlson or do they hate Powell?
Posted by: Ted King
Date: November 23, 2020 01:45PM
Carnos Jax
That whole thing was bizarre, why would Tucker Carlson have done that to Sidney Powell to begin with? It’s not like he ever cared about the truth on his show before. I wonder what the deplorable think now, do they hate Carlson or do they hate Powell?

Maybe trying to cut off potential future competition?
Posted by: hal
Date: November 23, 2020 01:57PM
pdq
I read in today’s paper that it might have been that she is going after Republicans, claiming they were paid off by Dominion to switch votes or something like that. That violates St. Ronnie’s dictum to never speak ill of another Republican.

IIRC, even William F. Buckley used to gripe about having to deal with the cranks and kooks in the Republican party. Now they’re at the verge of taking over (or splitting the party).

She specifically named Kemp as one who must have been involved with the evil doings and he's a Trump guy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 106
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020