advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Don't underestimate the power of stupidity in large families....
Posted by: Buzz
Date: November 23, 2020 01:57PM
FIL's little bro died of Covid.
FIL's little sis has Covid.
FIL's SIL has Covid.
FIL's little sis's BF had Covid awhile back.
2 of FIL's niece-in-laws died of Covid.
Another of FIL's SIL's had Covid awhile back.
At least 3 of FIL's grandkids have, or have had Covid.

Is it any wonder that FIL is glued to OAN TV, thinks Cheeto really won the election because of massive election fraud, and that Covid is a hoax?

He thought Covid was gonna go away Nov 4th, the alleged vaccines, and their timing "are a bunch of malarkey..." And that the country/world are gonna be OK once Cheeto remains POTUS.

Same old dogs, same old tricks.
Scary.
==
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Don't underestimate the power of stupidity in large families....
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 23, 2020 02:02PM
Fortunately he is old and will die soon enough, hopefully from COVID45.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: November 23, 2020 02:21PM
Its going to be very interesting to see how this is recorded in history.

Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: November 23, 2020 02:57PM
mattkime

I think that will depend on whether or not Trump or his spawn are elected in 2024. History is written by the victors.
Posted by: hal
Date: November 23, 2020 03:43PM
mattkime

pretty much everything that is happening now happened in 1918... It will all be recorded and forgotten.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 23, 2020 03:49PM
"I'll be dead for Christmas"...and other holiday favorites.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: November 23, 2020 05:36PM
hal
mattkime

pretty much everything that is happening now happened in 1918... It will all be recorded and forgotten.

Exactly.

Americans have no longterm memory. If the vaccine is effective, then this pandemic becomes a non-issue by the 2022 elections. Distant history in 2024, and completely forgotten by 2026.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: November 23, 2020 06:34PM
Ombligo
hal
mattkime

Exactly.

Americans have no longterm memory. If the vaccine is effective, then this pandemic becomes a non-issue by the 2022 elections. Distant history in 2024, and completely forgotten by 2026.

So nobody remembers Polio anymore?
==
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: November 23, 2020 08:35PM
Buzz
Ombligo
hal
mattkime

Exactly.

==

Nope. Half the people in the US old enough to vote have no experience with it.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: November 23, 2020 08:45PM
Buzz
==

If Mitch McConnell can't remember polio anymore, I think hope for the rest of us is pretty distant.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: samintx
Date: November 24, 2020 05:58AM
rjmacs
Buzz
==

If Mitch McConnell can't remember polio anymore, I think hope for the rest of us is pretty distant.

I remember polio and the silly things we did and thought to keep from getting it. But I’m ancient.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2020 05:59AM by samintx.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 24, 2020 06:52AM
samintx
rjmacs
Buzz
==

I remember polio and the silly things we did and thought to keep from getting it. But I’m ancient.

So am I, including the silly lineup of every kid at the school house to get our vaccine. Every kid.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: pdq
Date: November 24, 2020 08:31AM
So, I’m wondering; I recognize that when a Covid denier (ie Republican, although they don’t always say that) gets a bad case, that’s news. Still, it seems like Covid has mysteriously hit Republicans harder or more frequently than others; regular folks as well as politicians. (Why would this be? It’s a mystery. wink smiley)

Is this just my biased perception?
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: November 24, 2020 09:35AM
Speedy
Every kid.

Sheep! You were all sheep!

I cherish my freedom virii!
Posted by: RgrF
Date: November 24, 2020 10:59AM
pdq
So, I’m wondering; I recognize that when a Covid denier (ie Republican, although they don’t always say that) gets a bad case, that’s news. Still, it seems like Covid has mysteriously hit Republicans harder or more frequently than others; regular folks as well as politicians. (Why would this be? It’s a mystery. wink smiley)

Not sure it's quantifiable. The perception may be accurate since as a group they've been more willing to put themselves at risk and of course there's a very vocal subset whose aim is to drown out other voices.

This past summer the South Dakota governor was hyper critical of the response a state with a similar size population, Maine, took with mask and distance requirements. Maine just posted a graph showing itself at the bottom of the current surge while SD was at the top - on fire and out of control.
Posted by: hal
Date: November 24, 2020 01:29PM
I was born in '61 - will be 60 this year and my knowledge of polio is kinda hazy. I know that it existed sometime in the past - not sure where exactly... I remember learning (in the 00s) that Joni Mitchell came down with polio as a child and was shocked that it happened so recently. I have never met anyone that suffered from polio.
Posted by: Don C
Date: November 24, 2020 04:11PM
My dad had a mild case of polio when he was very young, around 1920. It seemed to affect him in old age as he developed a very pronounced stoop, which I think probably compressed his lungs.

He had triple bypass surgery back when they did a few a week and prostate issues. The urologist told him that had he known that Dad would live so long, he would have treated the prostate differently, but he expected Dad's heart would go long before it did. Dad died taking his afternoon nap at 90 ½; that anniversary is coming up next week.
Posted by: pdq
Date: November 24, 2020 05:07PM
RgrF
pdq

Not sure it's quantifiable. The perception may be accurate since as a group they've been more willing to put themselves at risk and of course there's a very vocal subset whose aim is to drown out other voices.

This past summer the South Dakota governor was hyper critical of the response a state with a similar size population, Maine, took with mask and distance requirements. Maine just posted a graph showing itself at the bottom of the current surge while SD was at the top - on fire and out of control.

...and there are things like this, which I just saw today:

Nearly a sixth of the Senate Republican caucus has tested positive for coronavirus

... Republicans in the Senate have been about four times as likely as Americans overall to have tested positive for the virus.

...and if we’re keeping score, in the Senate it’s 8 Republicans vs 2 Dems. This “personal responsibility” is a tricky thing...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 75
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020