advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Feinstein gives up Judicuary Committee position
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 23, 2020 07:20PM
So long to the leadership, Diane. She ain't real popular any more.

Dick Durbin, a senator of Illinois and the Democratic Whip, said he’ll be seeking the top Democratic position on the Senate Judiciary Committee after California’s Dianne Feinstein said she would step back.

“I intend to seek the top Democratic position on the Judiciary Committee in the 117th Congress. I have served on the Committee for 22 years, and I am its most senior member who does not currently serve atop another Senate Committee,” he said. “We have to roll up our sleeves and get to work on undoing the damage of the last four years and protecting fundamental civil and human rights.”

Feinstein, 87, said in a statement that she would not seek the position in the next Congress. She did not say why, but said she would instead focus on wildfire and drought issues and the effects of climate change, which are important in her home state. She plans to continue to serve on the Judiciary, Appropriations and intelligence panels, but said she will not seek the role of top Democrat on any of those committees.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2020 11:43PM by Steve G..
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Feionstein gives up Judicuary Committee position
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: November 23, 2020 07:22PM
She's 11 years his senior. Maybe she's just too damn old. I don't care.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: vision63
Date: November 23, 2020 07:58PM
Steve G.
So long to the leadership, Diane. She ain't real popular any more.

Dick Durbin, a senator of Illinois and the Democratic Whip, said he’ll be seeking the top Democratic position on the Senate Judiciary Committee after California’s Dianne Feinstein said she would step back.

“I intend to seek the top Democratic position on the Judiciary Committee in the 117th Congress. I have served on the Committee for 22 years, and I am its most senior member who does not currently serve atop another Senate Committee,” he said. “We have to roll up our sleeves and get to work on undoing the damage of the last four years and protecting fundamental civil and human rights.”

Feinstein, 87, said in a statement that she would not seek the position in the next Congress. She did not say why, but said she would instead focus on wildfire and drought issues and the effects of climate change, which are important in her home state. She plans to continue to serve on the Judiciary, Appropriations and intelligence panels, but said she will not seek the role of top Democrat on any of those committees.

She just slaughtered Kevin DeLeon in 2018 in the king of states. Republicans voted for DeLeon to try to stop her in the general. If she ran again, she would win.
Posted by: bfd
Date: November 23, 2020 08:52PM
She needs to step down completely. It's way past time. Term Limits.
Posted by: Markintosh
Date: November 23, 2020 08:56PM
I welcome younger leadership.

“Live your life, love your life, don’t regret…live, learn and move forward positively.” – CR Johnson
Loving life in Lake Tahoe, CA
Posted by: $tevie
Date: November 23, 2020 08:59PM
She’s too old. It’s not ageism, it’s a fact. That mask-free snuggle with Lindsey “I hang out with super-spreaders and I kiss Trump’s butt” Graham told me she is not too sharp at this point.

Posted by: anonymouse1
Date: November 23, 2020 10:53PM
She's an egocentric jerk.
Date: November 24, 2020 12:04AM
$tevie
She’s too old. It’s not ageism, it’s a fact. That mask-free snuggle with Lindsey “I hang out with super-spreaders and I kiss Trump’s butt” Graham told me she is not too sharp at this point.

That is "literally" her being criticized for doing nothing of consequence. She is "literally" the most accomplished member of the Senate. Bills like the assault weapons ban sitting on Mitch's desk are her bills.

She literally does "nothing" wrong. It's all a figment in people's minds.

litteraly

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2020 12:05AM by vision63.
Date: November 24, 2020 12:17AM
Markintosh

Then why don't they win? Younger leadership, the kind you like, want it handed to them. They want older people to step aside. They don't want to try to win, because they don't want to sully their pure vision to the extent that it might actually win them an ally that doesn't necessarily robotically agree with them.

Since they can't win, they want older people to just give to them. F#@k them. Nobody handed Dianne anything. She beasted up and won. You didn't see people like Stacy Abrahms begging older people to step aside. She strategizes for victory.

Stop kissing lazyass young people's butts. Let 'em get in there and run real races and defeat someone. Learn how to win like grown folk.
Re: Feinstein gives up Judicuary Committee position
Date: November 24, 2020 12:25AM
How come nobody ever demands that Bernie Sanders old ass step down? He's passed 7 bills in 35 years, only 1 of consequence. Dianne sits on a mountain of consequential legislation, action and activity. The world is better place because of her. It's more natural, It's cleaner, it functions better.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: November 24, 2020 06:45AM
Former Speaker Paul Ryan comes to mind.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: pdq
Date: November 24, 2020 08:01AM
I would rather have her step down from the intelligence committee, to be replaced by someone who seems less enamored with enabling government spying on it’s citizens.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: November 24, 2020 08:11AM
vision63
Nobody handed Dianne anything.

Except perhaps Dan White? devil smiley
Date: November 24, 2020 09:41AM
vision63
She literally does "nothing" wrong. It's all a figment in people's minds.

I know you love your senator, but as has been discussed here before, there are legitimate criticisms to be made of Feinstein with regard to civil liberties, citizen privacy, and her deep attachment to the surveillance state.

I'm not saying that undermines all the other good work she has accomplished - and she is VERY accomplished. But I wouldn't trust her with my personal data, and I don't like her cavalier attitude about whether or not I really have a right to privacy as an American.

rj
AKA
Posted by: SteveO
Date: November 24, 2020 12:13PM
Wonder what her net worth is, and how she acquired it. I wonder about this for most of Congress, actually, R and D alike.

I would not trust her to represent me. She's taken many positions (outlined by many in this thread) that make her the wrong choice for today. Maybe for any day.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: November 24, 2020 12:23PM
SteveO
Wonder what her net worth is, and how she acquired it. I wonder about this for most of Congress, actually, R and D alike.

I would not trust her to represent me. She's taken many positions (outlined by many in this thread) that make her the wrong choice for today. Maybe for any day.

She was born into financial comfort, and has had three husbands; all financially successful. She’d be wealthy even if she hadn’t gotten to the Senate.
Posted by: bfd
Date: November 24, 2020 04:20PM
vision63
Markintosh

Then why don't they win? .

This one's not difficult … $$$.

How could DiFi ever lose? Her war chest could easily keep her in the Senate even after she's dead and gone on to another plane. And when she does decide to leave, she can handpick her successor.

This isn't the kind of government we really want, is it? But it is the one we've got.

Term limits need to be adopted. Once these critters are in, short of gerrymandering their districts, it's practically impossible to get them out. And as far as senators go? They never have to leave. It's practically a lifetime appointment. How many average Americans belong to that institution?

No hate for DiFi, but she's done her duty and it's time for her to step aside for a well-deserved retirement.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: November 24, 2020 05:24PM
vision63
How come nobody ever demands that Bernie Sanders old ass step down? He's passed 7 bills in 35 years, only 1 of consequence. Dianne sits on a mountain of consequential legislation, action and activity. The world is better place because of her. It's more natural, It's cleaner, it functions better.
I think anybody less than five years away from 90 should retire. Come on for crying out loud, people who are that old cannot possibly be working at 100% of strength, energy, stamina, and perhaps memory. My Mom is a hearty, brainy 96 years old and no way she could work a full time job as a Senator. It's crazy.

Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: November 24, 2020 05:53PM
I'd like to see Adam Schiff be appointed to take her place if she steps down.
Posted by: Acer
Date: November 25, 2020 10:50AM
For a country founded in defiance of crusty aristocracy, we do like our old senators.
Date: November 25, 2020 06:43PM
pdq
I would rather have her step down from the intelligence committee, to be replaced by someone who seems less enamored with enabling government spying on it’s citizens.

It's interesting that is always the reason for people to throw out the entirety of her career. Of course she did all of that by herself.
Date: November 25, 2020 06:46PM
$tevie
vision63
I think anybody less than five years away from 90 should retire. Come on for crying out loud, people who are that old cannot possibly be working at 100% of strength, energy, stamina, and perhaps memory. My Mom is a hearty, brainy 96 years old and no way she could work a full time job as a Senator. It's crazy.

She's fully capable of conducting the business of her office. She has an incredible staff and she's probably smarter than any other Senator. Is she more capable than Marco Rubio? If he's less capable then he needs to retire.

Feinstein "just" won in 2018 by a landslide. Why can't the people have who they want to represent them? How can she damage us?
Date: November 25, 2020 06:50PM
bfd
vision63
Markintosh

Then why don't they win? .

This one's not difficult … $$$.

How could DiFi ever lose? Her war chest could easily keep her in the Senate even after she's dead and gone on to another plane. And when she does decide to leave, she can handpick her successor.

This isn't the kind of government we really want, is it? But it is the one we've got.

Term limits need to be adopted. Once these critters are in, short of gerrymandering their districts, it's practically impossible to get them out. And as far as senators go? They never have to leave. It's practically a lifetime appointment. How many average Americans belong to that institution?

No hate for DiFi, but she's done her duty and it's time for her to step aside for a well-deserved retirement.

Anybody can lose. Feinstein had big war-chest, but she didn't need to spend it. The people trust her. If all you're going to do is run some absolute Joker like Kevin DeLeon against her, then you're going to lose. She absolutely crushed him because he ain't about @#$%&. Who are you to tell the people who they can or can't vote for? This is supposed to be the land of the free.

Bernie had a way bigger war-chest than Biden and got blown out. How could he possibly lose with that much money?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/25/2020 06:55PM by vision63.
Date: November 25, 2020 06:52PM
Ca Bob
I'd like to see Adam Schiff be appointed to take her place if she steps down.

He would be great but that ain't gonna happen. My pick would be Eric Swallwell. I think both of them could defend the seat come the next election. I can't see how Gavin can't appoint someone Latino. They're half of the population and there has never been a Latino Senator (I don't think so). Gavin could appoint himself.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: November 25, 2020 08:00PM
Vision is one of those establishment Dems who'd vote GOP or abstain before voting for Bernie, AOC or anyone else who might not kowtow to the establishment norm.

Your war against Bernie can end, he did more for the Biden/Harris ticket than you could ever hope to do. I understand you see yourself as an electoral warrior and your great at that - now go to war with the actual opposition and the problems they represent. Maybe spend time registering those Georgia kid who are going on 18.

Have you noticed their latest move, disallow any new voter who is not also a registered car owner? There is no depth they won't plunge to suppress voting.
Date: November 25, 2020 08:38PM
RgrF
Vision is one of those establishment Dems who'd vote GOP or abstain before voting for Bernie, AOC or anyone else who might not kowtow to the establishment norm.

Your war against Bernie can end, he did more for the Biden/Harris ticket than you could ever hope to do. I understand you see yourself as an electoral warrior and your great at that - now go to war with the actual opposition and the problems they represent. Maybe spend time registering those Georgia kid who are going on 18.

Have you noticed their latest move, disallow any new voter who is not also a registered car owner? There is no depth they won't plunge to suppress voting.

If he never ran, we would have won the last election. If he didn't exist we would not have lost any seats in the house. His endorsement cost Andrew Gillem the Governorship of Florida and probably Stacey Abrahms in Georgia. All he's ever done once he stepped out from under his rock is cost us votes. He more strongly supported Biden, because it took 4 years of Trump to convince him. The prospect of Trump in 2016 meant nothing to him. Stop defending him.
Date: November 26, 2020 12:34PM
Bernie Sanders: Good Ideas, Poor Execution.

rj
AKA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 72
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020