advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
This is not good: 'Close to 1,000 Cleveland Clinic caregivers infected with Covid-19'
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 23, 2020 08:08PM
Close to 1,000 Cleveland Clinic caregivers infected with Covid-19
[www.cnbc.com]

The Cleveland Clinic’s Chief Caregiver Officer Kelly Hancock said that her hospital is “experiencing close to 1,000 of our caregivers who’ve been affected by Covid-19, and unable to come in and care for those patients.”

The United States recorded more than 3 million new coronavirus cases this month alone.

Hancock urged that America’s health-care workers need all the help they can get right now.

The Cleveland Clinic reported that 970 caregivers are out due to the virus, triple the number from two weeks ago. In the greater Cleveland area, Covid-19 cases are on the rise, according to the Ohio Department of Health. There was an average of 83 new cases between September 23-29, but between November 11-17 the average was 1,134 new cases.

Hancock told host Shepard Smith that despite the infections of its health-care workers, that the Cleveland Clinic is still able to uphold its standard of care for patients.

“Right now we have adequate staffing, we’re able to mobilize our caregivers to the areas they’re needed most, but we continue to meet frequently throughout the day to continue to assess the situation for both our caregivers, as well as the bed capacity,” Hancock said.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: This is not good: 'Close to 1,000 Cleveland Clinic caregivers infected with Covid-19'
Posted by: sekker
Date: November 23, 2020 08:30PM
Sounds familiar.

[www.postbulletin.com]
Re: This is not good: 'Close to 1,000 Cleveland Clinic caregivers infected with Covid-19'
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: November 24, 2020 11:02AM
Not a surprise. I was in the Clinic ER with my son two weekends ago. The lack of precautions was kind of staggering. I was wearing a good fabric mask, and they gave my a surgical mask on top of it. I double masked and I damn near hosed myself down with hand sanitizer afterwards.

The staff was only wearing surgical masks. No gloves.

FWIW the are the largest employer in Cleveland.
Posted by: SteveO
Date: November 24, 2020 12:01PM
cbelt3
Not a surprise. I was in the Clinic ER with my son two weekends ago. The lack of precautions was kind of staggering. I was wearing a good fabric mask, and they gave my a surgical mask on top of it. I double masked and I damn near hosed myself down with hand sanitizer afterwards.

The staff was only wearing surgical masks. No gloves.

FWIW the are the largest employer in Cleveland.

Wow.

Wife of my buddy is a nurse at KU Med (very large hospital) here in KC. He told me there are 500 staff cases. That was almost a week ago.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 96
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020