advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Pennsylvania certifies Biden victory
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: November 24, 2020 10:20AM
Pennsylvania certifies Biden victory

Pennsylvania officials on Tuesday certified the commonwealth’s election results showing Joe Biden won the presidential election in the state over President Trump.

Gov. Tom Wolf (D) tweeted that the Pennsylvania Department of State certified the election results and he “signed the Certificate of Ascertainment for the slate of electors for Joe Biden and Kamala Harris” as required by law.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Pennsylvania certifies Biden victory
Posted by: pdq
Date: November 24, 2020 11:04AM
Between PA and WI, the GSA implicitly admitting the damn thing is truly over, and Biden appointing Yellen as Fed chair (as well as putting other actually competent people in his cabinet), the Dow has finally gone over 30,000.

As my wife said, you know who will be taking credit for it...

Edit: Well, I gotta give her that one:

President Donald Trump briefly emerged to tout the Dow Jones Industrial Average breaking 30,000 for the first time ever, and then vanished after a minute without taking questions.

smiley-laughing001

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/24/2020 12:56PM by pdq.
Posted by: GGD
Date: November 24, 2020 11:14AM
pdq

And if he formally concedes, and maybe even invites Biden to the WH, he could make it go even higher.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: November 24, 2020 12:09PM
pdq
Between PA and WI, the GSA implicitly admitting the damn thing is truly over, and Biden appointing Yellen as Fed chair (as well as putting other actually competent people in his cabinet), the Dow has finally gone over 30,000.

About the bolded above: I think you meant to say that he will appoint her to be Treasury Secretary.
Posted by: pdq
Date: November 24, 2020 12:57PM
Ted King
pdq

About the bolded above: I think you meant to say that he will appoint her to be Treasury Secretary.

Quite right. Brain fart.

Thanks for the correction.
Posted by: GGD
Date: November 24, 2020 01:48PM
Looks like he just took credit for the stock market.

"Trump brags about Dow 30,000 at surprise news conference, leaves after a minute"

[www.cnbc.com]

President Donald Trump briefly emerged Tuesday to tout the Dow Jones Industrial Average breaking 30,000 for the first time ever, and then vanished after a minute without taking questions.

The president's mini-appearance, perhaps his shortest-ever remarks from the lectern of the White House briefing room, came less than a day after his administration took a major step toward the transition to Joe Biden's presidency.
Posted by: bfd
Date: November 24, 2020 03:58PM
Another nail hammered home.

The coffin is almost done, Donnie … and so are you.
Posted by: space-time
Date: November 25, 2020 01:59PM
And today a judge stopped it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 81
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020