advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
I am shocked. GOP to become deficit hawks under Biden administration
Posted by: pdq
Date: November 28, 2020 08:57AM
...oh, and did we mention “entitlement reform”?

Republicans are preparing to re-embrace their inner deficit hawk after greenlighting big spending bills under President Trump.

That’s the thing about Republicans - they’re so principled and consistent!

... “I think that’s kind of getting back to our DNA. ...I think spending, entitlement reform, growth and the economy are all things that we’re going to have to be focused on next year... said Sen. John Thune (R-S.D.), the No. 2 Senate Republican...

“Whoever is in the White House I hope they realize how serious the debt crisis is and how important it is that we put measures in place to address it,” said Thune.

Didja like that? “Whoever is in the White House...” ‘Cause it’s really still kinda up in the air, right?

Chris Coons says it best:

“They are always concerned about the debt when we’re spending money to help people, they never care when we’re cutting billionaires and corporations. I’ve been around Washington long enough to know that Republicans' interest in the debt is intermittent,

FWIW, I’m not one of those “debt doesn’t matter” folks - I just get tired of the utter, bald-faced hypocrisy, watching the Dems being expected to clean up after the “fiscally conservative” Republican administrations load on debt.

Over and over again.

barf smiley
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I am shocked. GOP to become deficit hawks under Biden administration
Posted by: space-time
Date: November 28, 2020 09:19AM
they always spend when they get the power and oppose the spending when they lose the power.
Posted by: GGD
Date: November 28, 2020 09:39AM
We should send the all off to Mexico as bill collectors, and tell them not to return until they get full payment for "The Wall".

And "The Wall" should be the first thing cut.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: November 28, 2020 09:40AM
Tax & Spend democrats are much better than Cut Taxes & Deficit Spend republicans.
Posted by: Acer
Date: November 28, 2020 09:48AM
WHY WAS I NOT TOLD THIS WOULD HAPPEN?
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: November 28, 2020 10:36AM
Get out in front of the message. It's this sort of thing where Dems have to state it over and over and over again, much like the blabbering and blathering mouthpieces of the Other Side. The Dems just don't do that, it's pedantic. It is. But you have to do it. State over and over what kind of debt that the Rump Administration left you with, and how you are going to fix it. And state that giving pandemic relief to Americans is more important than the national debt at the moment. And it's going to get worse before it gets better.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: November 28, 2020 12:42PM
If you tell a lie enough times, it becomes the truth.

It’s time for the Democrats to tell the truth enough times that it gets believed.
Posted by: numbered
Date: November 28, 2020 01:00PM
Remember the main problem here is not the GOP. They are clearly understood in their role.

The problem is the *media*. The last few rounds of this crap, the media kept up the call for moderation and budget cuts and compromise and so on. Watch Chuck Todd.

The idea is that most journos are quite socially liberal, but they were not listening when Keynes was the subject in school. The idea that household economics and country economics are not the same went right over their heads. And over the heads of lots of others, I might add. But not over the heads of the GOP. They can be quite Keynesian when it suits them.
Posted by: vision63
Date: November 28, 2020 10:35PM
numbered
Remember the main problem here is not the GOP. They are clearly understood in their role.

The problem is the *media*. The last few rounds of this crap, the media kept up the call for moderation and budget cuts and compromise and so on. Watch Chuck Todd.

The idea is that most journos are quite socially liberal, but they were not listening when Keynes was the subject in school. The idea that household economics and country economics are not the same went right over their heads. And over the heads of lots of others, I might add. But not over the heads of the GOP. They can be quite Keynesian when it suits them.

Posted by: $tevie
Date: November 30, 2020 08:34PM
We all knew this was coming. They are caricatures of themselves at this point.

Posted by: Ted King
Date: November 30, 2020 09:46PM
$tevie
We all knew this was coming. They are caricatures of themselves at this point.

And we know they'll keep doing it as long as the electorate* lets them get away with it.

*By "electorate" I mean just enough people in enough largely rural states voting for Republicans for Senate.

e pluribus unum
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 84
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020