advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Melania Trump introduces new White House tennis court on Pearl Harbor Day amid raging pandemic
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: December 07, 2020 03:27PM
'Fook Pearl Harbor'
'Donald and we and my son got cured-so fook Corona losers.'
'We use tennis house to make cold home for corpses.'

Melania Trump introduces new White House tennis court on Pearl Harbor Day amid raging pandemic
[www.nydailynews.com]

First Lady Melania Trump introduced the freshly revamped White House tennis pavilion Monday and it made a bit of a racket on Twitter. Tennis and MAGA fans liked the new design. Critics wondered if showing off a new tennis court while a deadly pandemic was spiking was appropriate. It’s also National Pearl Harbor Remembrance Day.

“History continues to unfold at the White House,” reads a message from the first lady’s Twitter feed.

It was 79 years ago that more than 2,400 Americans were killed when Japan attacked a United States naval base in Hawaii, thus drawing the U.S. into World War II. That is almost equal to the number of Americans dying every day as the COVID-19 pandemic ravages the nation.

“I am pleased to announce the completion of the tennis pavilion,” the first lady’s tweet added. “Preserving this historic landmark is vital & I want to thank all who helped complete this project.”

History continues to unfold at the @WhiteHouse & I am pleased to announce the completion of the tennis pavilion. Preserving this historic landmark is vital & I want to thank all who helped complete this project. pic.twitter.com/8NAjbYViS0
— Melania Trump (@FLOTUS) December 7, 2020

The timing of the first lady’s boast of new nets drew comparisons to the alleged tone-deaf elitism of French royal Marie Antoinette around the time of the French Revolution in 1789.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Melania Trump introduces new White House tennis court on Pearl Harbor Day amid raging pandemic
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: December 07, 2020 04:07PM
Just say “No!” to Trumps in the White House.
Re: Melania Trump introduces new White House tennis court on Pearl Harbor Day amid raging pandemic
Posted by: samintx
Date: December 07, 2020 04:07PM
A historical landmark? Right up there with Gettysburg, DEC 7 Memorial, Tomb of unknown and Arlington. I don’t have the words for such a worthy project at this time. The Rose Garden revamp and this tennis venue as something worthy of Melania’s time is amazing. How did she work all this in with her busy days on People projects?
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 07, 2020 05:37PM
Give me five minutes and this:

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: December 07, 2020 05:49PM
.....Trumps deserve to be taken away in.........nets.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Acer
Date: December 07, 2020 05:54PM
Took them four years to dress up a tennis court?
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: December 07, 2020 06:41PM
It looks like my home-town's funeral home.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: December 07, 2020 11:19PM
samintx
A historical landmark? Right up there with Gettysburg, DEC 7 Memorial, Tomb of unknown and Arlington. I don’t have the words for such a worthy project at this time. The Rose Garden revamp and this tennis venue as something worthy of Melania’s time is amazing. How did she work all this in with her busy days on People projects?

FYI: This was one of the first things they determined to do when entering office.

Because it was undoing yet another Obama project.

He modded one end of the tennis court to double as a basketball court.

[obamawhitehouse.archives.gov]

Posted by: Janit
Date: December 08, 2020 09:25AM
Sarcany
samintx

FYI: This was one of the first things they determined to do when entering office.

Too much else to do in the coming term, but maybe Kamala will be able to put the basketball court back in the next one.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: December 08, 2020 06:32PM
Janit
Sarcany
samintx

Too much else to do in the coming term, but maybe Kamala will be able to put the basketball court back in the next one.

I suspect you meant Jill, not Kamala.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Janit
Date: December 10, 2020 10:32AM
Speedy
Janit
Sarcany
samintx

I suspect you meant Jill, not Kamala.

Not exactly, as I meant the term starting Jan 2025. Perhaps Doug, then. Does he play basketball?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 114
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020