advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Trump admin fatigue setting in: CDC head Redfield instructed staffers to delete email from Trump team
Posted by: pdq
Date: December 10, 2020 11:31AM
...which would be a (yet another) federal crime.

Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Robert Redfield instructed staff to delete an email from a Trump political appointee seeking control over the agency’s scientific reports on the pandemic, a senior CDC official told congressional investigators this week.

... It came following an Aug. 8 email sent by Paul Alexander, who was then the scientific adviser to Health and Human Services spokesperson Michael Caputo, aiming to water down the CDC’s famed Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Reports to match President Donald Trump’s efforts to downplay the virus.

sigh

"Federal employees have affirmative obligations to preserve documents, and destruction of federal records is potentially illegal," [Rep Jim] Clyburn warned in a letter to Redfield and Azar. "Federal law also provides for up to three years of imprisonment for willful destruction of federal records."

Congress and the legal system could literally spend the next four years investigating and prosecuting the actual, real criminal activity of the Trump administration and those peripherally infected by the rot like Redfield.

Maybe they should, but I suspect instead we’ll more likely hear about a diamond that someone gave Hunter Biden, which he didn’t keep.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trump admin fatigue setting in: CDC head Redfield instructed staffers to delete email from Trump team
Posted by: Acer
Date: December 10, 2020 11:48AM
So the guy deleting the BS email gets strung up (and perhaps rightly so per the letter of the law), while the incompetent Trump toady trying to poison the science chuckles.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2020 11:53AM by Acer.
Re: Trump admin fatigue setting in: CDC head Redfield instructed staffers to delete email from Trump team
Posted by: space-time
Date: December 10, 2020 12:00PM
But her server!
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: December 10, 2020 12:49PM
Federal employees, like Military personnel, are oath bound to ignore illegal orders.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: December 10, 2020 01:26PM
It’s a fascinating footnote to all this that there’s little doubt the Trump administration is in actual fact a literally lawless organization.
Posted by: hal
Date: December 10, 2020 03:22PM
When I first saw this, I thought that Redfield deleted an email because he didn't want a gov't minder addressing the entire CDC.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: December 10, 2020 03:26PM
hal
When I first saw this, I thought that Redfield deleted an email because he didn't want a gov't minder addressing the entire CDC.

Same
Had a glimmer of hope that the guy was decent. Hopes dashed, again.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 63
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020