Kennedy (R-LA)
Lee (R-UT)
Markey (D-MA)
Merkley (D-OR)
Paul (R-KY)
Sanders (I-VT)
Warren (D-MA)
Wyden (D-OR)

[edit - sorry if it isn't clear - this is the vote to override the veto that just now occurred]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2021 02:19PM by hal.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: 13 senators sided with Trump on the defense policy bill - strange bedfellows
Posted by: rgG
Date: January 01, 2021 02:49PM
Oooooo, both GA senators must have voted against T**** then. I wonder if this will affect his support for them at the rally in Dalton on Monday.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Re: 13 senators sided with Trump on the defense policy bill - strange bedfellows
Posted by: hal
Date: January 01, 2021 03:05PM
rgG
Oooooo, both GA senators must have voted against T**** then. I wonder if this will affect his support for them at the rally in Dalton on Monday.

Those cowards DID NOT VOTE
Posted by: RgrF
Date: January 01, 2021 03:13PM
Not in Cruz's vote but for most this was not a vote to side with Trump it was a vote to prevent the veto override and keep the $2000 subsidy alive.

Schumer and 41 other Dems caved like a house of cards.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: January 01, 2021 03:21PM
I haven't been following the news much the last couple days, but I'm confused. How would not overriding the veto keep the $2000 stimulus?

Date: January 01, 2021 03:38PM
By forcing McConnell to bring the stimulus to a vote - a vote he knew he could not win. Dems, including Kamala Harris, who originated the stimulus bill, instead decided to pass the Defense bill knowing McConnell would then adjourn the Senate and they'd all go home.
Posted by: wurm
Date: January 01, 2021 03:41PM
This is what annoys me so much about the government, and why one practically has to be a lawyer to understand any of this crap. It's like one of those long math problems. And I'm not even talking about this particular situation. I see it happen far too often and it makes one's head spin.

Think about it.

Someone is voting against an override to a veto of a bill that would ban the elimination of a law allowing someone to deny the ability to access a previously outlawed (whatever).

That's why every voting booklet has to have that section that says:
A 'Yes' vote would...
A 'No' vote would...
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: January 01, 2021 04:59PM
wurm
A 'Yes' vote would...
A 'No' vote would...

Then you've got problems like this:
[richmond.com]

Posted by: wurm
Date: January 01, 2021 05:16PM
Sarcany
wurm
A 'Yes' vote would...
A 'No' vote would...

Then you've got problems like this:
[richmond.com]

Anyone who writes those questions (and "explanations") should be forced to diagram those sentences. Or in the case of your example, sentence (singular).
Posted by: rgG
Date: January 01, 2021 05:27PM
hal
rgG

Those cowards DID NOT VOTE

I am not surprised. Not at all. RollingEyesSmiley5

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Date: January 01, 2021 05:38PM
Perdue has quarantined himself until after the election. Smart move.
Posted by: Don C
Date: January 01, 2021 09:53PM
Guess Rand Paul needs a golfing partner
Date: January 01, 2021 10:02PM
These are the Dems who decided not to fight it out:
Posted by: Rolando
Date: January 02, 2021 01:26AM
RgrF
Schumer and 41 other Dems caved like a house of cards.

This.
And this is why the bad guys win. The Dems are a bunch of @#$%&!

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 108
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020