advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Proud Boys leader arrested in DC today
Posted by: hal
Date: January 04, 2021 05:57PM
Sounds like they knew he was coming on from the airport and was stopped almost immediately. This really sounds like a setup - GOOD!

[www.washingtonpost.com]

The leader of the Proud Boys, Enrique Tarrio, was arrested by D.C. police late Monday afternoon on a warrant charging him with burning a Black Lives Matter banner taken from a historic Black church during a demonstration last month, officials said.

Police stopped a vehicle Tarrio had been in shortly after it entered the District, said Dustin Sternbeck, a D.C. police spokesman. He said it is believed Tarrio, who lives in Miami, was coming into the District from the airport.

Sternbeck said Tarrio is charged with one misdemeanor count of destruction of property in connection with the Dec. 12 burning of a banner stolen from Asbury United Methodist Church.

Tarrio had told the Washington Post last month that he was among those who burned the banner.

Police said Tarrio, who was in custody Monday evening, also was charged with two counts of possession of high capacity ammunition feeding devices, which is a legal term for a firearms magazine that allows guns to hold additional bullets. The devices were found during the arrest, police said.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2021 05:57PM by hal.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Proud Boys leader arrested in DC today
Posted by: samintx
Date: January 04, 2021 05:59PM
Ah, poor baby. What is the Trump baby going to do now? lead the Proud Boys himself?
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: January 04, 2021 06:19PM
Interesting time to be coming to DC packing high capacity magazines.
Date: January 04, 2021 06:26PM
Blankity Blank

In his defense, I'm sure he never goes anywhere without them
Posted by: pdq
Date: January 04, 2021 07:27PM
hal
Blankity Blank

...including where it's illegal?

Sorry, no tears from me.
Date: January 04, 2021 07:34PM
pdq
hal
Blankity Blank

...including where it's illegal?

Sorry, no tears from me.

that was a joke...
Posted by: bfd
Date: January 04, 2021 07:56PM
Jackass - keep up the pressure on him and his ilk.
Posted by: GGD
Date: January 04, 2021 07:57PM
In somewhat related news...

Police Chief Warns New Congresswoman About Carrying Gun in DC

D.C.’s police chief issued a stern warning for a new member of Congress who tweeted a video of herself purportedly carrying a Glock handgun on the streets of D.C. and on the U.S. Capitol campus.

U.S. Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) posted the video explaining why she plans to carry her gun on the streets of D.C.

Let me tell you why I WILL carry my Glock to Congress.

Government does NOT get to tell me or my constituents how we are allowed to keep our families safe.

I promise to always stand strong for our 2nd Amendment rights.[t.co] pic.twitter.com/qg7QGenrNo
— Lauren Boebert (@laurenboebert) January 4, 2021

Metropolitan Police Department Chief Robert Contee plans to reach out directly to Boebert to explain D.C. laws and commented in public Monday.

“That congresswoman, whoever it is, I guess it was from Colorado, will be subjected to the same penalties as anyone else that’s caught on the District of Columbia street that’s carrying a firearm.”

[www.nbcwashington.com]
Posted by: Grateful11
Date: January 04, 2021 08:29PM
This is what Trump has empowered I don’t care what people say he brought them out of their basements.

Grateful11
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: January 04, 2021 08:45PM
...and tangentially, in these days of the COVID pandemic...

“In 2013, Tarrio was sentenced to 30 months (of which he spent 16) in federal prison for rebranding and reselling stolen medical devices.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: January 04, 2021 08:55PM
GGD
In somewhat related news...

Police Chief Warns New Congresswoman About Carrying Gun in DC

D.C.’s police chief issued a stern warning for a new member of Congress who tweeted a video of herself purportedly carrying a Glock handgun on the streets of D.C. and on the U.S. Capitol campus.

U.S. Rep. Lauren Boebert (R-Colo.) posted the video explaining why she plans to carry her gun on the streets of D.C.

Let me tell you why I WILL carry my Glock to Congress.

Government does NOT get to tell me or my constituents how we are allowed to keep our families safe.

I promise to always stand strong for our 2nd Amendment rights.[t.co] pic.twitter.com/qg7QGenrNo
— Lauren Boebert (@laurenboebert) January 4, 2021

Metropolitan Police Department Chief Robert Contee plans to reach out directly to Boebert to explain D.C. laws and commented in public Monday.

“That congresswoman, whoever it is, I guess it was from Colorado, will be subjected to the same penalties as anyone else that’s caught on the District of Columbia street that’s carrying a firearm.”

[www.nbcwashington.com]

Apparently this piece of work doesn’t even have a high school education! facepalm

“She dropped out of high school her senior year to start her family...”
Posted by: RgrF
Date: January 04, 2021 10:23PM
DeusxMac
...and tangentially, in these days of the COVID pandemic...

“In 2013, Tarrio was sentenced to 30 months (of which he spent 16) in federal prison for rebranding and reselling stolen medical devices.

Upon release he almost immediately welded himself to a whole new grift.
Date: January 05, 2021 02:26PM
D.C. judge releases Proud Boys Enrique Tarrio but orders him to stay away from entirety of the District. If could be arrested on sight if he shows up for demonstrations in D.C.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 96
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020