advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
The Orange Emperor is 'starting to make threats, pointing to his supporters descending on DC'
Posted by: sekker
Date: January 05, 2021 07:18PM
From CNN's Jim Acosta.

There really is only one word to describe this - it's an attempted coup.

[twitter.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: The Orange Emperor is 'starting to make threats, pointing to his supporters descending on DC'
Posted by: davemchine
Date: January 05, 2021 09:08PM
I've noticed Trump is very careful not to tell his followers what to do but instead to fan the flames. Even if he incites his followers to riot I don't see how that helps Trump to stay in power. I might not understand but it doesn't seem like he could successfully perform a coup without military support and they've already told him no. Maybe I'm not understanding.
Re: The Orange Emperor is 'starting to make threats, pointing to his supporters descending on DC'
Posted by: vision63
Date: January 05, 2021 09:18PM
davemchine
I've noticed Trump is very careful not to tell his followers what to do but instead to fan the flames. Even if he incites his followers to riot I don't see how that helps Trump to stay in power. I might not understand but it doesn't seem like he could successfully perform a coup without military support and they've already told him no. Maybe I'm not understanding.

You understand.
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: January 05, 2021 09:22PM
"I've noticed Trump is very careful not to tell his followers what to do but instead to fan the flames."

I've heard that Charles Manson was like that.
Posted by: bfd
Date: January 05, 2021 09:31PM
Dumbf can dance naked in the streets of D.C. right now and it'll fire up his base, but it still won't get him any closer to #Winning.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: January 05, 2021 09:41PM
Trump
”I hope the Democrats, and even more importantly, the weak and ineffective RINO section of the Republican Party, are looking at the thousands of people pouring into D.C. They won’t stand for a landslide election victory to be stolen.”

We’re to assume they’ll whip out their phones, en masse, and fire off a severe and not at all friendly text [And damn the message and data rates that may apply! Damn them!] to their representatives? Or something else? RollingEyesSmiley5
Posted by: $tevie
Date: January 05, 2021 09:43PM
And now ProFa is in a huge fight with the cops.

Posted by: vision63
Date: January 05, 2021 11:25PM
$tevie
And now ProFa is in a huge fight with the cops.

whoa
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: January 06, 2021 09:40AM
You gotta love how nobody showed up to play with them, so they decided to fight amongst themselves.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: January 06, 2021 10:07AM
Lemon Drop
You gotta love how nobody showed up to play with them, so they decided to fight amongst themselves.

Yeah, there may be some times where the right thing to do is confront them, but in this case I think it's better to let them stew in their own putridness.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2021 10:53AM by Ted King.
Posted by: hal
Date: January 06, 2021 10:17AM
Lemon Drop

hahaha!
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: January 06, 2021 12:32PM
Ted King
Lemon Drop

Yeah, there may be some times where the right thing to do is confront them, but in this case I think it's better to let them stew in their own putridness.

This was hotly debated amongst activist circles, and ultimately BLM-DC and its sibling organizations decided to ask people to stay home.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: rgG
Date: January 06, 2021 02:14PM
rjmacs
Ted King
Lemon Drop

This was hotly debated amongst activist circles, and ultimately BLM-DC and its sibling organizations decided to ask people to stay home.

I think that was very wise.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 87
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020