advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Ossoff takes 12,800 vote lead
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: January 06, 2021 02:44AM
The NYT and Nate estimate that there are maybe 76,000 votes left to count, and the strong majority of them will go to Ossoff. They've estimated that Ossoff has a better than 95% chance to win, which would send both Democrats to the senate and I would no longer find much need to type the words Mitch and McConnell.

It's curiously annoying how other Republicans (such as Perdue) are now copying the Donald in asserting that they won, even though the numbers are to the contrary. Are they now the party of innumeracy?

Anyway, it's very close to a moment of celebration.

On another note, tomorrow should be an interesting day in D.C.. . . . Steven Colbert had some fun talking about the bind that Mike Pence is in, what with Trump demanding that he do something impossible.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Ossoff takes 12,800 vote lead
Posted by: vision63
Date: January 06, 2021 02:52AM
Mike Pence thinks he's so important. Letterman said that the only reason he won for Governor of Indiana was because he looked like Bobby Knight.
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: January 06, 2021 04:10AM
But I'm not aware that Mike Pence made a name for himself throwing chairs into crowds of people.

Ossoff now up by 16,370 with about 73,000 votes left to count.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: January 06, 2021 06:55AM
vision63
Mike Pence thinks he's so important. Letterman said that the only reason he won for Governor of Indiana was because he looked like Bobby Knight.

Lol.
Perfect.
Posted by: robfilms
Date: January 06, 2021 07:01AM
When do they count the absentee ballots or has that been done?

Is the count continuing or is there any delay?

A guy can hope, can’t he?

And I am hoping BIG time.

Stay well.

Rob
Posted by: sekker
Date: January 06, 2021 07:03AM
SOS says votes will be counted by noon.

Ossoff is likely winning by more than 0.5%, so no recount either.
Date: January 06, 2021 07:39AM
robfilms
When do they count the absentee ballots or has that been done?

Is the count continuing or is there any delay?

A guy can hope, can’t he?

And I am hoping BIG time.

Stay well.

Rob

All your hoping is paying off.
Posted by: rgG
Date: January 06, 2021 07:40AM
I think the only outstanding ballots that haven’t been counted are some military ballots.
They can arrive as late as Friday, IIRC. But there aren’t that many outstanding, so it may be a moot point.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Date: January 06, 2021 07:42AM
sekker
SOS says votes will be counted by noon.

Ossoff is likely winning by more than 0.5%, so no recount either.

No automatic recount, but I believe Perdue can ask for one and it is the discretion of either the governor or SOS, don’t remember which, to say whether or not he gets it.
Do not be surprised if he gets a recount.

Date: January 06, 2021 07:44AM
rgG
I think the only outstanding ballots that haven’t been counted are some military ballots.
They can arrive as late as Friday, IIRC. But there aren’t that many outstanding, so it may be a moot point.

There are still ballots in Dekalb. Our only objective at this point is to get Ossoff beyond the half point recount threshold. There are ballots in Savannah. The little old ladies counting had to go home and get some rest. Also ballots in Fulton.
Date: January 06, 2021 07:47AM
16370 lead for Ossoff.
Date: January 06, 2021 07:48AM
vision63
rgG

There are still ballots in Dekalb. Our only objective at this point is to get Ossoff beyond the half point recount threshold. There are ballots in Savannah. The little old ladies counting had to go home and get some rest. Also ballots in Fulton.

All three of those places are good for him, so hopefully his lead grows.
As I said somewhere else, Perdue can still request a recount, even if he loses by more than .5%, but it won’t be automatic. Chances are, if it is close, there will be a recount, but that should just be a delay not change things.

Date: January 06, 2021 07:58AM
rgG
vision63
rgG

All three of those places are good for him, so hopefully his lead grows.
As I said somewhere else, Perdue can still request a recount, even if he loses by more than .5%, but it won’t be automatic. Chances are, if it is close, there will be a recount, but that should just be a delay not change things.

Just more pain for David. If thats the way he wants it.

These people think their owed these offices.
Posted by: bfd
Date: January 06, 2021 09:16AM
There will be recounts. And on and on. The Retrumplicans won't be satisfied until election officials find the missing votes. This is how it's going to be from now on. They've thrown the whole system of elections in this country into chaos.

Hillary was correct. They are deplorable.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: January 06, 2021 09:16AM
17,025 lead at 10:15. However, that is only a .4 lead so a recount will be automatic at this point.

There should be a recount in any case, a hand recount at that, just drive a stake in the demon's heart and be done with it.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 06, 2021 09:17AM
....hope he doesn't get lead......poisoning......???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: PeterB
Date: January 06, 2021 09:22AM
bfd
There will be recounts. And on and on. The Retrumplicans won't be satisfied until election officials find the missing votes. This is how it's going to be from now on. They've thrown the whole system of elections in this country into chaos.

Hillary was correct about a lot of things. She should have been President, not the floating fat man Harkonnen we have now. In fact SHE was the one from whom the election was stolen.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: sekker
Date: January 06, 2021 09:45AM
PeterB
bfd

Hillary was correct about a lot of things. She should have been President, not the floating fat man Harkonnen we have now. In fact SHE was the one from whom the election was stolen.

The Harkonnen image is the best description I've heard in years!
Date: January 06, 2021 09:50AM
sekker
PeterB
bfd

Yep. On many levels.

Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: January 06, 2021 11:37AM

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: PeterB
Date: January 06, 2021 12:15PM
sekker
PeterB
bfd

Oh, I'm definitely not the first one to think of it, but I did post about it here some months ago: [forums.macresource.com]

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 96
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020