advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
one conservative take on biden becoming prez....from facebook
Posted by: mattkime
Date: January 08, 2021 10:04AM
(I'm not related to the original poster)

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: one conservative take on biden becoming prez....from facebook
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: January 08, 2021 10:09AM
We've got some crazy stupid people in our country. I have pity for them but also wish they'd grow the f6ck up.
Posted by: kledo
Date: January 08, 2021 10:09AM
In the old days everyone knew who the village idiot was. With social media and its global reach, we have quite the cesspool.
Posted by: p8712
Date: January 08, 2021 10:13AM
They're so obsessed with Harris as some kind of sex worker/toy. Guess they're finally getting over their LTR with Hillary Clinton, so at leas there's that.
Posted by: pdq
Date: January 08, 2021 10:31AM
Crazy stupid [and sexist] people.

My half-BIL from Texas told us that if Biden won, he would never survive until inauguration - that Kamela (he pronounced it "Camilla") would take him out.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: January 08, 2021 10:42AM
pdq
Crazy stupid [and sexist] people.

My half-BIL from Texas told us that if Biden won, he would never survive until inauguration - that Kamela (he pronounced it "Camilla") would take him out.

What on earth???

This does however remind me of the courage and tenacity of these women of color in public service.
Posted by: GGD
Date: January 08, 2021 10:52AM
Same last name as yours, a relative? A close relative?

Edit: I now realize that that the one that posted the question didn't express an opinion, it's the other responses that I was reacting to.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2021 10:59AM by GGD.
Date: January 08, 2021 10:59AM
GGD
Same last name as yours, a relative? A close relative?

Nope, never knew anyone with my last name I wasn’t related to until I join Facebook and then I friended a number of them. Most of the crazies were filtered out by now but this one was quiet for a good long while.

Posted by: deckeda
Date: January 08, 2021 01:17PM
Interesting strategy. I'm not sure I'd want to randomly friend people like that, but I can see how it might be fun ... after all, if they accept, then it's kinda on them isn't it?

So do you ever chastise "family" and when they respond that they don't know you, dig in and lament all those family dinners you once shared, all those Christmases you cherished together, how you named your kid after them LOL?
Date: January 08, 2021 01:28PM
I friended most of them before facebook became a cesspool of inane political ramblings. I was basically being a "bad" facebook user - not following the intentions of the platform. It certainly add some variety but unfortunately there's a lot of drivel.

As far as I'm concerned, anything I post to facebook I might as well post to the whole world. I've always treated it that way.

Posted by: hal
Date: January 08, 2021 03:51PM
I've never met anyone with my mother's maiden name that I wasn't related to. I once saw the name on a name tag at a big national meeting and approached the guy and asked if his family was from NC. Yes he says - why do you ask? Very likely a distant cousin. The question was asked in California.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 158
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020