advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
I got it!
Posted by: p8712
Date: January 12, 2021 11:41AM
Turned out to be Phizer vaccine. Painless injection, no s/e so far. Huge auditorium of people at the very crowded hospital. All I needed was my license. They got me through quick, I sat in the observation section for the recommended 15 mins, then left.

Next dose is 2/2, so I'll have immunity right around Valentines day. I feel quite relived just having one dose, though.

I'm not hearing 5g signals and don't feel brainwashed.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: I got it!
Posted by: lost in space
Date: January 12, 2021 12:03PM
p8712

Let us know what that's like when it starts.

No, really, congrats.

Posted by: Acer
Date: January 12, 2021 12:18PM
Some folks feel it hit them the next day (say some nurse friends)--immune response, not allergic reaction. Put your feet up and drink plenty of fluids while your body does its work.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: January 12, 2021 12:21PM
Sounds like a Chinese fake.

You want the Pfizer vaccine.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 12, 2021 12:27PM
.....are you sexier.......now.....???

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Speedy
Date: January 12, 2021 12:30PM
LOL.

Lux Interior
Sounds like a Chinese fake.

You want the Pfizer vaccine.

Congrats!

I couldn’t even feel the needle when I got the Moderna. Two days later I had a bit of muscle soreness but then I only have a bit of muscle to feel sore. I’ve heard the second dose can result in a bit more soreness as your immune system goes on the attack.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: space-time
Date: January 12, 2021 12:38PM
Let me know when you get a firmware update in that microchip
Date: January 12, 2021 12:44PM
From your earlier thread:

40% of employees of that health system refused the vaccine.

That’s insane. But then that’s Florida for you.

Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: January 12, 2021 12:50PM
Speedy
From your earlier thread:

40% of employees of that health system refused the vaccine.

Same or worse in my town. Fewer than 50% of hospital staff willing to get vaccinated, so far.

Appointments for 70 and over start tomorrow in South Carolina, hope to at least get my Mom her shot.
Posted by: rgG
Date: January 12, 2021 12:58PM
I hate you. grinning smiley

Seriously though, glad you got your jab!

My 89 y.o. mom is supposed to be on the list for hers, if they ever get more shots.
I have been a total failure getting my husband signed up for his, but I have been trying like hell. I am technically supposed to be able to get a shot, as a caregiver to my husband, but since I can't even get him on the list, I am a moot point. You guys are no doubt tired of hearing me whine about this. grinning smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Ted King
Date: January 12, 2021 01:06PM
rgG

My 89 y.o. mom is supposed to be on the list for hers, if they ever get more shots.
I have been a total failure getting my husband signed up for his, but I have been trying like hell. I am technically supposed to be able to get a shot, as a caregiver to my husband, but since I can't even get him on the list, I am a moot point. You guys are no doubt tired of hearing me whine about this. grinning smiley

No, whine away. :-)
Posted by: rgG
Date: January 12, 2021 01:09PM
Ted King
rgG

No, whine away. :-)

Thanks! I need an outlet. My friends, and daughter, and husband are no doubt getting tired of my tirades. grinning smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Date: January 12, 2021 01:27PM
My 92 y.o. father is scheduled to get his first dose at the VA in Bradenton, FL on Friday.

Date: January 12, 2021 01:32PM
Acer
Some folks feel it hit them the next day (say some nurse friends)--immune response, not allergic reaction. Put your feet up and drink plenty of fluids while your body does its work.

Very minor injection site soreness. No big deal. According to the journal article I looked at I'd have about 52% immunity without another dose. Better than nothing.

Unfortunately it's that way in most of the country. Should be compulsory for all medical professions unless excused by doctor's note.

I have been a total failure getting my husband signed up for his, but I have been trying like hell.

I can't get my 72yo mother signed up for it, either.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: January 12, 2021 02:03PM
Good ! The more of MRF that is protected, the happier I will be. A great bunch of folks that need to survive ! We've already lost one....
Date: January 12, 2021 02:07PM
cbelt3
Good ! The more of MRF that is protected, the happier I will be. A great bunch of folks that need to survive ! We've already lost one....

Agreed. Ironically I'm probably one of the youngest posters.
Posted by: DinerDave
Date: January 12, 2021 03:51PM
cbelt3

Mass. qualifies me with the front line worker/grocery category, so I will be in round two, and my wife if the school system, should also be in round two.

Here comes the conspiracy theory part, hospitals in Western Mass are announcing they have depleted vaccine supplies, and do not when more will arrive. My doctor's office, has me signed up, but do not know when they will have vaccines either. Also, Gov Baker has not stood behind Cheeto, and has been vocal about it, and Biden won Massachusetts.

Coincidence we don't have vaccines? I think not.

Dave

Welcome to Dave's BBQ!

Many have eaten here....

Few have died
Posted by: PeterB
Date: January 12, 2021 05:00PM
p8712
Turned out to be Phizer vaccine. Painless injection, no s/e so far. Huge auditorium of people at the very crowded hospital. All I needed was my license. They got me through quick, I sat in the observation section for the recommended 15 mins, then left.

Next dose is 2/2, so I'll have immunity right around Valentines day. I feel quite relived just having one dose, though.

That you know of. secret smiley

But seriously, congrats !!!

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2021 05:01PM by PeterB.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 78
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020