advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Claim attack on Capital was “peaceful,” hang up on reporter when questioned.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: January 13, 2021 12:05AM
“A departing Trump administration political appointee at the nation’s leading foreign aid agency told staff on Tuesday that the deadly riot at the U.S. Capitol was the work of “a few violent people,” and added “several million” others there were protesting peacefully for electoral reform, according to audio recordings of a staff meeting obtained by The Washington Post.

“Tim Meisburger is a Trump appointee and a departing deputy assistant administrator at the U.S. Agency for International Development’s bureau for development, democracy and innovation. Meisburger made the comments on a video call with about 70 to 80 USAID workers, according to one USAID official who spoke on the condition of anonymity to describe internal communications at the agency.

“What I saw was several million people demonstrating in the Capitol, peaceful protesters in the Capitol,” said Meisburger, according to an audio recording of the video call. “I saw a few violent people and I’m not, I would never endorse violence. But what I saw was a lot of people who were committed to reform. And they were committed to electoral reform.”

“A USAID spokeswoman declined to comment. The Washington Post obtained two different recordings of the same meeting, where Meisburger made the comments. When The Post reached Meisburger by phone for comment, Meisburger declined to comment, then hung up, and did not respond to subsequent text messages.”

[www.washingtonpost.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2021 12:06AM by deckeda.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Claim attack on Capital was “peaceful,” hang up on reporter when questioned.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: January 13, 2021 12:49AM
He's certainly got a good grip on reality... not.

Re: Claim attack on Capital was “peaceful,” hang up on reporter when questioned.
Posted by: pdq
Date: January 13, 2021 08:39AM
Yeah, there was a LTE in my local paper this morning from a local wingnut (it was the lead LTE, but this is in the “conservative” paper here):

Thousands of Trump supporters protest of the certification of an election in which voters fraud had not been thoroughly investigated. A small number of the mostly peaceful protesters stormed the capital and broke into the chambers of Congress...

… The impeachment effort by Democrats is spiteful and equally shameful and will further divide the country…

RollingEyesSmiley5

Funny...a couple of days ago, all the violence was perpetrated by Antifa infiltrators. Next week, it’ll be that the Democratic congresspeople were the ones that actually broke all that stuff.
Posted by: Ammo
Date: January 13, 2021 02:17PM
Millions? What was the size of the crowd that took over the capitol?

Where is there dignity unless there is also honesty? - Cicero

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Posted by: btfc
Date: January 13, 2021 04:32PM
“ Millions? “

Biggest insurrection ever!
Posted by: pdq
Date: January 14, 2021 08:40AM
btfc
“ Millions? “

Biggest insurrection ever!

Yeah. And they were protesting for “electoral reform”?

Riiiiiight.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 83
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020