advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
NJ Congresswoman accuses colleagues of abeting rioters
Posted by: RgrF
Date: January 13, 2021 01:11AM
Rep. Mikie Sherrill, during a live webcast Tuesday evening, said she witnessed some members of Congress leading people through the Capitol on Jan. 5 in what she termed a "reconnaissance for the next day" when insurrectionists took part in a deadly siege on the legislative branch.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: NJ Congresswoman accuses colleagues of abeting rioters
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: January 13, 2021 02:49AM
If the times were even a scintilla less crazy than they are, I might roll my eyes.

They aren’t. Roll the surveillance footage.
Posted by: p8712
Date: January 13, 2021 07:51AM
I think we'll see more about this. AOC mentioned panic buttons had been ripped out of congressional offices as well. This needs a 9/11 style commission, at minimum.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: January 13, 2021 10:03AM
Buzzfeed
AO C has also reported that she had a close brush with a very bad situation during the attack. She is holding onto the details until authorities let her know what they’re comfortable with being made public.

”Ocasio-Cortez did not provide many details about what happened to her on Jan. 6, saying she was not certain if she could "disclose the full details" given security issues. But she called the encounter “traumatizing," saying, “I did not know if I was going to make it to the end of that day alive.”

She also made it very clear some Congress members may have deeply divided loyalties.

”The Democrat said she worried during the storming of the Capitol about other members of Congress knowing her location and did not feel safe going to the same secure location as her colleagues because of members who believe in the QAnon collective delusion and "frankly, white supremacist members of Congress ... who I know and who I have felt would disclose my location," saying she was concerned there were colleagues “who would create opportunities to allow me to be hurt, kidnapped, etc.” She said she “didn’t feel safe around other members of Congress.”
Posted by: p8712
Date: January 13, 2021 10:07AM
Blankity Blank
Buzzfeed
AO C has also reported that she had a close brush with a very bad situation during the attack. She is holding onto the details until authorities let her know what they’re comfortable with being made public.

”Ocasio-Cortez did not provide many details about what happened to her on Jan. 6, saying she was not certain if she could "disclose the full details" given security issues. But she called the encounter “traumatizing," saying, “I did not know if I was going to make it to the end of that day alive.”

She also made it very clear some Congress members may have deeply divided loyalties.

”The Democrat said she worried during the storming of the Capitol about other members of Congress knowing her location and did not feel safe going to the same secure location as her colleagues because of members who believe in the QAnon collective delusion and "frankly, white supremacist members of Congress ... who I know and who I have felt would disclose my location," saying she was concerned there were colleagues “who would create opportunities to allow me to be hurt, kidnapped, etc.” She said she “didn’t feel safe around other members of Congress.”

She was likely the 3rd or 4th prime target of the attack. I feel so bad for her.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 97
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020