advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
eyes wide open?!......these impeachment hearings are eye opening in at least one way........
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: January 13, 2021 01:54PM
.....boy are they boring......it's like an auction.....trying to fit arguments in 30 seconds.....yielding time.....this is no 'Mr. Smith Goes to Washington'.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: eyes wide open?!......these impeachment hearings are eye opening in at least one way........
Posted by: davester
Date: January 13, 2021 03:08PM
The 30 second thing is a good idea. It would be much worse if they were allowed to blather on with irrelevant self-serving nonsense like they usually do. There is seldom anything that needs to be said that can't be condensed into 30 seconds.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2021 03:09PM by davester.
Re: eyes wide open?!......these impeachment hearings are eye opening in at least one way........
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: January 13, 2021 04:18PM
davester
The 30 second thing is a good idea. It would be much worse if they were allowed to blather on with irrelevant self-serving nonsense like they usually do. There is seldom anything that needs to be said that can't be condensed into 30 seconds.

"That's what she sai--..."

Oh, sorry. The speaker yields the floor to Newt.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 158
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020