advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Biden's changes to the Oval Office
Posted by: sekker
Date: January 21, 2021 11:52AM
Pretty interesting.

'Newly inaugurated US President Joe Biden was photographed in the Oval Office for the first time on Wednesday, a space which has been notably redecorated following former president Donald Trump’s departure. Biden switched out a portrait of former president Andrew Jackson in favor of Ben Franklin and has brought in busts of Cesar Chavez, Martin Luther King Jr. and Rosa Parks among others.'

[twitter.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Biden's changes to the Oval Office
Posted by: Acer
Date: January 21, 2021 11:58AM
Wholesome.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: January 21, 2021 11:59AM
Read a story about the “transfer of families.” 5 hours yesterday. They even had a framed image from earlier in the day during the ceremony framed and up by the time Biden got there.

Adam Schultz, from the campaign, is the official WH photog now. Interview from October: [m.dpreview.com]
Posted by: davester
Date: January 21, 2021 12:18PM
I wish he had ditched the gold curtains motif. Even though they're a different shade, they remind me a bit too much of the gilded dumpster fire.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: hal
Date: January 21, 2021 01:06PM
Oops:

wapo=fakenews!
Posted by: $tevie
Date: January 21, 2021 01:45PM
Oh, for God's sake.

Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: January 21, 2021 02:33PM
davester
I wish he had ditched the gold curtains motif. Even though they're a different shade, they remind me a bit too much of the gilded dumpster fire.

I thought those were Obama's muslim prayer curtains?
Posted by: JoeH
Date: January 21, 2021 03:20PM
Lux Interior
davester

And if you follow the links in that, the curtains have been gold colored at least since back in the 1960s.

Don't know if the shade of gold has actually changed or if it is just differences in lighting and cameras.
Posted by: sekker
Date: January 21, 2021 03:25PM
JoeH
Lux Interior
davester

And if you follow the links in that, the curtains have been gold colored at least since back in the 1960s.

Don't know if the shade of gold has actually changed or if it is just differences in lighting and cameras.

The twitter thread goes into the gold changes - Biden's OO has darker gold drapes from the Clinton era.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 104
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020