advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
is the vaccine free? covered by insurance? or is there a co-pay?
Posted by: space-time
Date: January 24, 2021 02:20PM
sorry I didn't follow the news and I wouldn't trust anything the previous administration said.

I didn't register yet, since last time we look the up they said we are in the bottom 20-30%, so we're still a long way from getting the shots, but anyway, I would be curious if they want to see your insurance cards to if they just give you the shot for free, regardless if you have or not insurance.

Also do you get some paperwork to show you got the shots? does this help if you plan to travel, or you still need to show a negative test?

Thanks
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: is the vaccine free? covered by insurance? or is there a co-pay?
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: January 24, 2021 03:37PM
[www.cnet.com]

The COVID-19 vaccine itself is free to all Americans, as noted by the CMS. The government organization also said it plans to make sure you can reimburse any FDA-approved coronavirus treatments you're charged for. However, providers will be able to bill you an administrative fee for giving the shot to patients, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

This would be similar to paying a charge when you visit the doctor's office, or for specialized vaccine delivery, such as infusion, a process in which a substance -- like medication, a chemotherapy drug or hydration -- enters the bloodstream intravenously.

If you don't have insurance, the medical provider you used should be reimbursed for any COVID-19 treatment you receive through the CARES Act Provider Relief Fund, at no cost to you.

[www.cnn.com]

Vaccination cards will be used as the "simplest" way to keep track of Covid-19 shots, said Dr. Kelly Moore, associate director of the Immunization Action Coalition, which is supporting frontline workers who will administer Covid-19 vaccinations...

"Everyone will be issued a written card that they can put in their wallet that will tell them what they had and when their next dose is due," Moore said.

[www.cnet.com]

COVID-19 vaccine card is not an immunity passport.

Posted by: bfd
Date: January 24, 2021 04:54PM
Sarcany

COVID-19 vaccine card is not an immunity passport.

And it's no guarantee that you'll get a second shot when it's due… either.
Posted by: rgG
Date: January 24, 2021 05:00PM
When we got ours last week, they did not take our insurance cards. No cost at all.
This was at the county health department. I think it may vary with where you get the vaccine, as to whether they file to get reimbursed for the administration of the shot.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: graylocks
Date: January 24, 2021 07:23PM
i got mine at a Kroger Pharmacy (Supermarket chain). All they asked for was my Medicare card. They were out of actual vaccination cards so they scanned one and were printing them out of regular 8.5x11 sheets of paper.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: AllGold
Date: January 24, 2021 08:39PM
Locally, they said no one will have to pay. If you have insurance, they will bill them, but if you don't then it's free.

Sarcany
Vaccination cards will be used as the "simplest" way to keep track of Covid-19 shots, said Dr. Kelly Moore, associate director of the Immunization Action Coalition, which is supporting frontline workers who will administer Covid-19 vaccinations...

Why not just use the microchips? RollingEyesSmiley5

Posted by: space-time
Date: January 24, 2021 09:00PM
AllGold
Locally, they said no one will have to pay. If you have insurance, they will bill them, but if you don't then it's free.

Sarcany

Why not just use the microchips? RollingEyesSmiley5

so now we know where is microchip13
Posted by: Speedy
Date: January 24, 2021 09:22PM
No charge for the vaccine but you can be charged for the injection. Just like tests to detect COVID45 are free but you can be charged for the service of getting a swab shoved in your nose. Avoid any charges by getting either done by your county like rgG (as well as I) did.

The counties really want to get the vaccine into arms. They did require me to fill out a form which asked for my Medicare number which I provided. There was another line asking for private insurance info but it was unclear just what number they wanted so my wife left that blank and when she asked about it, she was told not to worry about it and she simply moved on to the next queue. That was nice because we have a health savings account (HSA) so it would have come out of that money, money my wife put into the HSA.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: January 24, 2021 11:27PM
I wish they didn’t bill insurance necessarily. You know the insurer will be charged like 6 times what it should cost. And then we get to pay that back anyway thru premiums.
Posted by: Janit
Date: January 25, 2021 11:48AM
deckeda
I wish they didn’t bill insurance necessarily. You know the insurer will be charged like 6 times what it should cost. And then we get to pay that back anyway thru premiums.

It remains to be seen how administration billing rates will be handled. Do these programs put a constraint on what administration fees can be charged? Will the insurance companies be required to pay whatever they are billed, or will they pay their "customary rate?" Will there be balance billing?

No doubt there will be overlooked technicalities, attempts at abuse, and regrettable opportunities for litigation.

Check your bills carefully.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 78
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020