AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Vaccination head count
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: February 02, 2021 10:30AM
Poll
62 votes were received.
All visitors can vote.
What’s your current status on receiving a COVID-19 vaccine?

What’s your current status on receiving a COVID-19 vaccine?
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Vaccination head count
Posted by: MartyStickle
Date: February 02, 2021 10:43AM
Getting 2nd Thursday

Asheville, NC Area
Posted by: GGD
Date: February 02, 2021 10:50AM
"Have not received any shot of any vaccine, but will as soon as possible"

This could be split into three questions.

"Have not received any shot of any vaccine, but I have an appointment for one"

and

"Have not received any shot of any vaccine and I'm eligible to, but no appointments are available"

and

"Have not received any shot of any vaccine, and I'm not eligible yet, but but want to as soon as I'm eligible and appointments are available"
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: February 02, 2021 10:58AM
Waiting until eligible. My phorum habits do not qualify as a degenerative mental condition.
Posted by: rgG
Date: February 02, 2021 11:01AM
cbelt3
Waiting until eligible. My phorum habits do not qualify as a degenerative mental condition.

Says who? smiley-laughing001

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: graylocks
Date: February 02, 2021 11:28AM
down for Moderna #1 which i got at Kroger Pharmacy last week. At the time i was told i’d have to hunt around for the second shot about a week out from when i needed it but Kroger actually contacted me this weekend and set an appointment for it on 2/20.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: JoeH
Date: February 02, 2021 11:33AM
Availability form my age group (65+) is estimated to be around the end of this month or early in March here in MA. They are just starting on the 75+ age group now.
Posted by: GGD
Date: February 02, 2021 11:36AM
graylocks
down for Moderna #1 which i got at Kroger Pharmacy last week. At the time i was told i’d have to hunt around for the second shot about a week out from when i needed it but Kroger actually contacted me this weekend and set an appointment for it on 2/20.

The standard practice I've been getting reports about recently is that when you get dose #1 they make the second appointment for you on the spot during the 15/30 minute observation period. Essentially won't let you leave without having the dose #2 appointment. I wonder of Kroger has started doing that with new dose #1 patients. It seems to be essential for an effective vaccine rollout.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: February 02, 2021 11:57AM
I was hoping we could make this a sticky and allow people to update their progress. I'm not sure polls allow that.

Posted by: graylocks
Date: February 02, 2021 12:04PM
GGD
The standard practice I've been getting reports about recently is that when you get dose #1 they make the second appointment for you on the spot during the 15/30 minute observation period. Essentially won't let you leave without having the dose #2 appointment. I wonder of Kroger has started doing that with new dose #1 patients. It seems to be essential for an effective vaccine rollout.

Standards probably vary. I think at the time Kroger wasn't sure when the next batch was coming. They were all out of appointments for 1st shot recipients as were many other providers in my area including my insurance provider Kaiser. I was strongly encouraged to start making calls about two weeks out and told that i had at least a 2 day window on either side of my target date to still get an effective 2nd dose. I was also told that I could get it anywhere as long as it was Moderna.

So I think Kroger gave me the best info they could at the time and I'm impressed that they emailed and called me once the situation changed. One of the improvements the Biden administration has already made is that states are now told 3 weeks out exactly how much vaccine they will be receiving. makes a world of difference in planning.

btw, that 15/30 minute after shot waiting period is fungible also. I left immediately.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2021 12:05PM by graylocks.
Posted by: rgG
Date: February 02, 2021 12:04PM
graylocks

Glad to hear that. I thought it was pretty cavalier for Kroger to say you were on your own to get shot #2.

My SIL got her first shot at Publix. I hope they are doing the same thing.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Michael
Date: February 02, 2021 12:50PM
GGD
graylocks

When our county health department (GA) opened up for online appointments it crashed after a day (and after my wife and I had appointments!). They shifted to phone appointments and announced people would have to call back for a second appointment time after they got their first shot. That seemed remarkably dumb and I was hoping that in the 10 days before we got the first shot that would change. It did and they gave us #2 appointment time as we were leaving from #1. We'll be getting #2 in 10 days...
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: February 02, 2021 01:00PM
A pharmacist who is giving shots told me that his location was going to stop giving first doses because they had to give second doses and did not have the manpower to do both.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: February 02, 2021 01:12PM
Have not received any shot of any vaccine, but will as soon as possible

Do not wish to receive any shot at this time; prefer to wait

Posted by: PeterB
Date: February 02, 2021 01:12PM
I'm in the "Have not received any shot of any vaccine, and I'm not eligible yet, but but want to as soon as I'm eligible and appointments are available" category, but the issue in my case is that I will want to do antibody titers -- so I'm looking for a clinical trial where that would be included as part of the trial. So far, no luck... Pfizer has been the most promising of the three though.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: RgrF
Date: February 02, 2021 01:25PM
Standards out here are health care or other eligible occupations in addition to over 65s. Most seem to be going through LA County sites rather than pharmacies.

As of this AM LA officials claimed to be ahead of the two other most populated counties (Cook & Harris) at 7% total vaccinated. It's chaotic enough that figures shouldn't be assumed accurate.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: February 02, 2021 01:55PM
Pissed me off. My provider sent an sign-up email this morning. Responding instantly, all the slots were filled.

I honestly don't need this screwing around while they sit in their offices with needles hanging out their arms.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: February 02, 2021 02:05PM
Posted by: wave rider
Date: February 02, 2021 02:26PM
PeterB
I'm in the "Have not received any shot of any vaccine, and I'm not eligible yet, but but want to as soon as I'm eligible and appointments are available" category, but the issue in my case is that I will want to do antibody titers -- so I'm looking for a clinical trial where that would be included as part of the trial. So far, no luck... Pfizer has been the most promising of the three though.

Heard about this site last night:
[combatcovid.hhs.gov]

=wr=
Posted by: p8712
Date: February 02, 2021 02:33PM
Minor injection site pain so far.
Posted by: Pam
Date: February 02, 2021 03:03PM
Have not received a shot but will as soon as possible.... when J&J is offered. I have to be picky.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: February 02, 2021 03:05PM
wave rider
PeterB

Heard about this site last night:
[combatcovid.hhs.gov]

Thanks, but that looks like it's for volunteers for ANY vaccine. Since I'm in Group 1C, it makes the most sense for me to be in one of the trials for one of the vaccines that are currently being administered or close to being administered. Pfizer has told me that they haven't even begun the trials for people in my particular category (yet we are supposed to be getting vaccinated as part of Group 1C!).

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: February 02, 2021 03:17PM
I'm also waiting for the j&j if I can be picky.
Posted by: p8712
Date: February 02, 2021 03:20PM
Any science on taking 'em all?
Posted by: Buzz
Date: February 02, 2021 05:02PM

The dark swath across the middle of the small sticker is the same width as the band-aid they stuck it on. As RgrF stated, LA County is starting to kick it into high gear. Other SoCal counties are gaining traction, and the Sutter Medical monopoly unfortunately has NorCal all f'ed up. We went w/ Pfizer because of too many reaction stories from Moderna patients (and existing health issues don't like reactions...).

Was glad to hear Prez Joe getting more vax out, and especially more vax to local pharmacies. That should help a lot. Grumpy, old, step-FIL doesn't wanna go more than a couple of blocks to get vaxed, and I'm sure there's plenty more peeps like him that won't get vaxed until it's available across the street from 'em. Herd immunity can't come fast enough....
==

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/15/2021 04:53PM by Buzz.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: February 02, 2021 06:21PM
.....sticky.....buns......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: bfd
Date: February 03, 2021 07:51PM

Surprisingly easy - once you can get past all the online sign-up nonsense. That part is not working well at all - at least here in Cali. Lots of personal information has to be input before you can even see if there's an appointment available. The system doesn't save your information (Thanks HIPAA) until after you can make an appointment.

The whole thing feels like a kludge, thrown together by people who've never apparently dealt with online scheduling with any kind of volume. Amazing, given that the state has had what, 9 months to get this in order? Probably should be thankful that anything at all ever gets done by the government.
Posted by: davester
Date: February 04, 2021 06:22PM
Pam
Have not received a shot but will as soon as possible.... when J&J is offered. I have to be picky.

What's so special about J&J? I received the Pfizer vaccine and data so far indicates very high efficacy.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 102
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020