advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Trumpie bear comes out of hibernation swinging for Mitch's head
Posted by: hal
Date: February 16, 2021 04:22PM
Hopefully he will get his wish and suggest a less dangerous man for the seat - I'm not sure who would take Mitch's place as minority leader, but it would certainly be an improvement.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Trumpie bear comes out of hibernation swinging for Mitch's head
Posted by: Speedy
Date: February 16, 2021 04:40PM
So, which one of his aides, trying to imitate his style, wrote this? There is no way he has ever written anything with that many words, all spelled correctly. It wasn’t Stephen Miller because it lacked sufficient vitriol and hate, especially towards ‘the other’.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: February 16, 2021 04:40PM
I wonder who wrote this for him and if they are getting paid. The words are too long and too well thought. And there are no nasty nicknames.

I do agree with his opinion of Moscow Mitch, but my opinion of the EX Presidente are far, far worse.
Posted by: graylocks
Date: February 16, 2021 04:46PM
the only good thing is this is McConnell deeply feeling what 4 years of ass licking has gotten him.

"Success isn't about how much money you make. It is about the difference you make in people's lives."--Michelle Obama
Posted by: Ted King
Date: February 16, 2021 04:48PM

e pluribus unum
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: February 16, 2021 04:57PM
It does follow the Trump style of taking credit for everything positive, casting blame on somebody else for everything negative, and basically showing no dignity or class.

Here's a remarkable phrase: "and likewise, our economic recovery after Covid ..."

What amazing blather.

But it's interesting that the Republicans really are engaging in their own civil war, what the scholars like to refer to as internecine strife. Last night I heard a hard-right radio talk show host absolutely blasting both McConnell and Thune, accusing them of lack of principles, leadership, and worse. It's a bit difficult trying to listen to talk radio, and this guy was yelling and almost screaming (because that's what they do) but my guess is that the net effect of undercutting McConnell and supporting primary election opponents is to further polarize the Republican Party. Will this peel away 5% of their current numbers, thereby raising the chances for Democrats in 2022? And how will McConnell respond to this attack?

In any normal era or year, this would be seen as sore loser politics and wouldn't work well for the Trumpers.
Date: February 16, 2021 05:05PM
cbelt3
I wonder who wrote this for him and if they are getting paid. The words are too long and too well thought. And there are no nasty nicknames.

I do agree with his opinion of Moscow Mitch, but my opinion of the EX Presidente are far, far worse.

Maggie Haberman says that...

PARSCALE was at Mar-a-Lago meeting with Trump today, per two ppl briefed.
Posted by: bfd
Date: February 16, 2021 05:09PM
Blather is a great descriptor. As in coming from a blithering idiot.

Good grief. Who cares what this loser thinks besides a small minority of mindless followers?
Date: February 16, 2021 05:19PM
bfd
Good grief. Who cares what this loser thinks besides a small minority of mindless followers?

Every GOP politician
Posted by: bfd
Date: February 16, 2021 05:33PM
hal
bfd

Every GOP politician

Probably not as many as we're led to believe, however. There are at least 7 senators who probably don't care - and that number is probably much larger.
Posted by: wurm
Date: February 16, 2021 05:51PM
Damn. If only he had written that a couple of weeks ago, Mitch may have changed his vote to acquit and perhaps persuaded others as well.

And whoever wrote it should have hired an editor to eliminate the repeated paragraph (3 and 4).
Posted by: numbered
Date: February 16, 2021 06:25PM
cbelt3
And there are no nasty nicknames.

Apparently Trump had to be argued out of some nicknamery. He was going after multiple chins, slow motion, etc, but staff convinced him otherwise,
Posted by: p8712
Date: February 16, 2021 06:28PM
Unsmiling? Never seen a true laugh or smile out of the orange one.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: February 16, 2021 07:00PM
Mitch had two chances to nail Trump. He voted to acquit both times. Enjoy the results, McConnell!
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: February 16, 2021 07:22PM
This could also be a pretty good predictor of the next Trump rally speech, except that it will include the name calling and what you referred to as nicknamery (good term, that). It can't be long before some pundits start mentioning the book 1984, since the enemy has switched 180 degrees almost overnight. Note: I never read that book, but people are always referring to this.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: February 16, 2021 08:41PM
Wow, delusional much?

It's kind of too bad Twitter didn't temporarily reactivate Trump's account during the trial so that he could bury himself.

Steve G.
Mitch had two chances to nail Trump. He voted to acquit both times. Enjoy the results, McConnell!

agree smiley

Posted by: $tevie
Date: February 16, 2021 09:05PM
Definitely not written by Trump.

But we all knew since Saturday morning that Trump was going to go after Mitch with guns a-blazing. This is almost a non-story. The only news-story-type thing in that the letter is the inclusion of the Stolen Election myth. Trump ain't letting that go by unmentioned regardless of who actually crafted that epistle.

Posted by: vision63
Date: February 16, 2021 09:12PM
$tevie
Definitely not written by Trump.

But we all knew since Saturday morning that Trump was going to go after Mitch with guns a-blazing. This is almost a non-story. The only news-story-type thing in that the letter is the inclusion of the Stolen Election myth. Trump ain't letting that go by unmentioned regardless of who actually crafted that epistle.

Talking about Mitch's family's Chinese business holdings. That's rich.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: February 16, 2021 10:00PM
And here I thought this thread was going to be about this: [www.youtube.com]

As for the letter, I agree that someone wrote it for him. On the other hand, it does have a bit of that signature Dump stream-of-consciousness ADD word salad, where one statement does not seem to follow from the one before it, or relate to the one after it.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Date: February 17, 2021 10:31AM
Ultimately,

@#$%& You Donald Trump. @#$%& you, @#$%& you. @#$%& you.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: February 17, 2021 10:43AM
vision63
Ultimately,

@#$%& You Donald Trump. @#$%& you, @#$%& you. @#$%& you.

Add one more of those for me.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: February 17, 2021 11:07AM
Wait - did his official press release really have a paragraph duplicated in the middle of the statement?

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Date: February 17, 2021 11:52AM
rjmacs
Wait - did his official press release really have a paragraph duplicated in the middle of the statement?

@#$%& your repeated paragraphs Donald Trump.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 103
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020