advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Russian diplomats push their way home with handcar out of North Korea
Posted by: Speedy
Date: February 26, 2021 02:14PM
This is how you keep the COVID45 virus out of a country.

[www.reuters.com]

SEOUL (Reuters) - A group of Russian diplomats and family members used a hand-pushed rail trolley to leave North Korea this week, amid Pyongyang’s strict anti-coronavirus measures, which include blocking most forms of passenger transport across the border.

North Korea has not reported any confirmed cases of the coronavirus, but has imposed crippling border closings, banned most international travel, and severely restricted movement inside the country.

“Since the borders have been closed for more than a year and passenger traffic has been stopped, it took a long and difficult journey to get home,” Russia’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs said in a post on social media.

The group of eight, including a child as young as 3, travelled 32 hours by train and two hours by bus from Pyongyang just to reach the Russian border on Thursday, the post said.

The group then had to cross the border on foot, loading luggage and passengers onto to a trolley on the train tracks.

Photos and video released by the ministry show the trolley, laden with brightly coloured bags and suitcases, being pushed across a wintry landscape.

Embassy third secretary Vladislav Sorokin was the trolley’s “engine”, the ministry said, by pushing it for more than 1 km, including across a rail bridge over the Tumen River, which divides the two countries.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Russian diplomats push their way home with handcar out of North Korea
Posted by: hal
Date: February 26, 2021 02:33PM
I always wanted to ride on one of these...

Posted by: Speedy
Date: February 26, 2021 02:36PM
It’s North Korea, you push the car.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: bazookaman
Date: February 26, 2021 03:47PM
Speedy
but has imposed crippling border closings, banned most international travel, and severely restricted movement inside the country.

I thought this was just daily life in North Korea.

Posted by: testcase
Date: February 26, 2021 10:50PM
Shame no one had a box of "Good & Plenty"............ eye rolling smiley
Posted by: steve...
Date: February 27, 2021 12:43AM
Good thing it wasn't uphill.

Embassy third secretary Vladislav Sorokin was the trolley’s “engine”, the ministry said, by pushing it for more than 1 km, including across a rail bridge over the Tumen River, which divides the two countries.

PSA: 1 km = .62 mile

You're welcome - I looked it up.

Northern California Coast
Posted by: Rolando
Date: February 27, 2021 10:53AM
In America, pushcarts for for fun?
[youtu.be]

I'd prefer to cycle....
[youtu.be]

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 230
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020