advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Biden says we'll have enough vaccine supply for all American adults by end of May
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: March 02, 2021 04:08PM
So there's that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2021 04:44PM by Lemon Drop.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Biden says all American adults can be vaccinated by May
Posted by: rgG
Date: March 02, 2021 04:22PM
I hope so.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: GGD
Date: March 02, 2021 04:23PM
Lemon Drop
So there's that.

I think that's a little bit more optimistic than what he said. He said that the United States would have enough Covid-19 vaccine doses for every adult American by the end of May. Getting it into arms will take longer.

It's all good news.
Date: March 02, 2021 04:43PM
GGD
Lemon Drop
So there's that.

I think that's a little bit more optimistic than what he said. He said that the United States would have enough Covid-19 vaccine doses for every adult American by the end of May. Getting it into arms will take longer.

It's all good news.

Yes important distinction I will fix the title.

I got my second Pfizer shot this morning and feel a little light-headed, can I blame it on that?
Posted by: Speedy
Date: March 02, 2021 04:49PM
Lemon Drop
I got my second Pfizer shot this morning and feel a little light-headed, can I blame it on that?

More so than usual? If so, yes. And congrats, it means you’re having an immune response.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2021 04:50PM by Speedy.
Date: March 02, 2021 04:56PM
Speedy
Lemon Drop

More so than usual? If so, yes. And congrats, it means you’re having an immune response.

Could be the chardonnay. Hard to say.
Re: Biden says we'll have enough vaccine supply for all American adults by end of May
Posted by: davemchine
Date: March 02, 2021 06:04PM
That would be great. We'd really like to take a family vacation this summer.
Re: Biden says we'll have enough vaccine supply for all American adults by end of May
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: March 02, 2021 06:48PM
Yes we will. But red state governors are deliberately not allowing urban citizens access to the vaccine. Texas and Missouri Are leading the charge to Murder more of their citizens.

VACCINATION MUST BE FEDERALIZED ASAP OR HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS MORE WILL DIE.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2021 06:49PM by cbelt3.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: March 02, 2021 07:34PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2021 05:02PM by Ted King.
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: March 02, 2021 09:05PM
We are doing pretty good in Wisconsin. All first responders/medical personnel and age 65+ that requested have received and are moving on to teachers. All teachers that request a vaccine are expected to have their first dose before the end of the month.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: RgrF
Date: March 03, 2021 01:04AM
All teachers that request a vaccine are expected to have their first dose before the end of the month.

Seems to me they should have been right behind 80+ and in line with front line health care workers.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: March 03, 2021 04:30AM
Teachers are finally being offered vaccines in Florida starting today. Except to get one, you have to take sick time off get an appointment (appointments are made between 7am and 8am on weekdays), and then likely take more sick time off to get the shot (most appts are mid-day on weekdays). Finally, if you have a reaction, you need to take sick time off to recover.

Many teachers used up their sick time this year when they were sent home to quarantine for two weeks because a student exposed them. If your sick time is gone, then your pay is docked for all the above.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: March 03, 2021 06:18AM
My wife got the notice that she will be getting the vaccine through our workplace.

I am older and did not get the notice. I assume that she is getting it first because the building she works in (or worked in before we started working from home) has had a lot more infections. Plus there are more travelling/outage workers where she is.

I will just keep on isolating myself in the mean time.
Posted by: bfd
Date: March 03, 2021 05:07PM
Ombligo
Teachers are finally being offered vaccines in Florida starting today. Except to get one, you have to take sick time off get an appointment (appointments are made between 7am and 8am on weekdays), and then likely take more sick time off to get the shot (most appts are mid-day on weekdays). Finally, if you have a reaction, you need to take sick time off to recover.

Many teachers used up their sick time this year when they were sent home to quarantine for two weeks because a student exposed them. If your sick time is gone, then your pay is docked for all the above.

You forgot to mention that teachers will also have to make sub plans, hope they actually get a sub, and then clean up the mess that's sure to be left when they return…
Date: March 03, 2021 09:33PM
bfd
Ombligo

You forgot to mention that teachers will also have to make sub plans, hope they actually get a sub, and then clean up the mess that's sure to be left when they return…

Was paid time for us. District arranged the scheduling and subs. They are scheduling them on Fridays so that staff don't have to use sick days if they get sick.

C(-)ris
Date: March 03, 2021 11:00PM
Ombligo

That shouldn't be true. FFCRA covered for all time off for COVID related quarantines for EACH case. If a teacher was quarantined 4 times they should have received 2 weeks each time of paid leave.

C(-)ris
Posted by: JoeH
Date: March 04, 2021 10:14AM
C(-)ris
Ombligo

That shouldn't be true. FFCRA covered for all time off for COVID related quarantines for EACH case. If a teacher was quarantined 4 times they should have received 2 weeks each time of paid leave.

Like you say, shouldn't be true. But the reality is much of this depends on the schools and their school boards actually getting and applying the FFCRA money.
Date: March 06, 2021 08:13PM
JoeH
C(-)ris
Ombligo

Like you say, shouldn't be true. But the reality is much of this depends on the schools and their school boards actually getting and applying the FFCRA money.

It was a legal mandate, they didn’t have a choice. If they didn’t, time to file a class action suit.

C(-)ris
Posted by: testcase
Date: March 07, 2021 05:42PM
And I bet he’s got a bridge for sale in a prime Brooklyn location......... boink smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 191
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020