advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Neera Tanden's nomination for OMB is being withdrawn
Posted by: hal
Date: March 02, 2021 06:02PM
Biden gives up on Neera Tanden's nomination for OMB. And I just heard this AM that whatshername in AK was leaning toward yes.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Neera Tanden's nomination for OMB is being withdrawn
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: March 02, 2021 06:07PM
tongue sticking out smiley

big grin smiley
Posted by: vision63
Date: March 02, 2021 06:19PM
Blankity Blank
tongue sticking out smiley

big grin smiley

f*&% Bernie
Posted by: Speedy
Date: March 02, 2021 07:23PM
Sucks.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: March 02, 2021 08:09PM
f*&% Bernie corporate Democrats and patronage driven party pros.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: March 03, 2021 07:31AM
I'm fine with this. Have followed her for several years, she's on MSNBC regularly. You can't have it both ways. You're either fine with the style of public debasement and crass commentary a la Trump, or you're not. If she had been prepping for a high level in a future Dem administration, she should have cleaned up her social media act years ago.

Lots of people draw attention thru inflammatory put downs of people with whom they have policy differences. It's a style that has done nothing to improve actual governing in the US.

Journalists did their jobs here.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: March 03, 2021 11:01AM
Called it.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Date: March 03, 2021 11:34AM
Lemon Drop
I'm fine with this. Have followed her for several years, she's on MSNBC regularly. You can't have it both ways. You're either fine with the style of public debasement and crass commentary a la Trump, or you're not. If she had been prepping for a high level in a future Dem administration, she should have cleaned up her social media act years ago.

Lots of people draw attention thru inflammatory put downs of people with whom they have policy differences. It's a style that has done nothing to improve actual governing in the US.

No they did not do their jobs. If they did, the facts surrounding Manchin's CEO daughter's shenanigans and Tanden calling that out was his motive for opposing her. Not the lies about her tweets. They would have covered Bernies idiotic, backstabbing questioning of her with more clarity. I agree with what you said otherwise.
Date: March 03, 2021 11:35AM
rjmacs
Called it.

Since her nomination was troubled I'll give you a C- for prescience. Makes some calls on future nominations to improve your grade.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: March 03, 2021 11:43AM
vision63
rjmacs
Called it.

Since her nomination was troubled I'll give you a C- for prescience. Makes some calls on future nominations to improve your grade.

It was hardly prescient. I just noted that Manchin tanked her nomination early on.

It was others here that thought somehow that would magically change.

This was all about (just like his tanking the minimum wage hike, weeks before the parliamentarian weighed in) him flexing his muscles, and daring Chuckie Shumes to do anything about it.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: March 03, 2021 03:15PM
vision63
Lemon Drop

No they did not do their jobs. If they did, the facts surrounding Manchin's CEO daughter's shenanigans and Tanden calling that out was his motive for opposing her. Not the lies about her tweets. They would have covered Bernies idiotic, backstabbing questioning of her with more clarity. I agree with what you said otherwise.

She never tweeted about the EpiPen price increases, as accused. She tweeted only about the CEO salary increase. Hardly controversial. That was researched, nothing found.

She called Lisa Murkowski a drug dealer, and thousands of other petty comments that don't help anything.

Let's move on to Bidens other nominees, he has assembled a truly diverse and deep bench.
Posted by: hal
Date: March 03, 2021 03:22PM
It just amazes me that so soon after Trump's reign, people are shunning ANYONE for mean tweeting.

The sexism defense should have been pulled out much sooner and louder - no one was bothered by mean tweets of MANY confirmed male Trumpies.
Date: March 03, 2021 03:49PM
Lemon Drop
vision63
Lemon Drop

She never tweeted about the EpiPen price increases, as accused. She tweeted only about the CEO salary increase. Hardly controversial. That was researched, nothing found.

She called Lisa Murkowski a drug dealer, and thousands of other petty comments that don't help anything.

Let's move on to Bidens other nominees, he has assembled a truly diverse and deep bench.

Why? To misrepresent them too? (not you, just in general) You think Manchin wasn't impacted by her mentioning his daughter? Remember who this dude voted for? He was lying about his problems with her. If the media had covered it properly, maybe he would have backed down.

If we're just going to half-ass consider the issues that we face, what's the point? Why can't we cover all the sides and all the elements of everything that impacts these decisions about our lives?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 123
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020