advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Neera Tanden’s nomination to head OMB pulled
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: March 02, 2021 06:05PM
Neera Tanden’s nomination has been pulled after key Senators say they won’t support her. Both Joe Manchin and Susan Collins have come out in opposition to her nomination.

Tanden’s record of hard criticism of both Republicans and Democrats is thought to have hurt her.

After Biden’s win, she deleted over 1,000 of her past tweets.

”In a statement, President Joe Biden said Tanden requested to withdraw her name from consideration.

"I have accepted Neera Tanden's request to withdraw her name from nomination for Director of the Office of Management and Budget," Biden said in a statement. "I have the utmost respect for her record of accomplishment, her experience and her counsel, and I look forward to having her serve in a role in my Administration. She will bring valuable perspective and insight to our work.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2021 07:14PM by Blankity Blank.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Neera Tanden’s nomination to head OMB pulled
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: March 02, 2021 06:24PM
She mouthed off on twitter and got stung.

On the other hand, trump got the same results with his Twitter abuses.

Not the end of the world. Plenty of talented people out there.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: March 02, 2021 06:39PM
This does suck but I'm mostly neutral on this artifact of only having the slimmest of vote margins to begin with.

She often spoke the truth, which her critics never cared about before she faced the prospect of a plum job.

She deleted her tweets because of "controversy." I never understand why people do this, as if the text can't be found, and past opinions can't be defended in context.

But it's the context that requires work so few have the time to bother with.
Posted by: bfd
Date: March 02, 2021 07:38PM
If she was Nero instead of Neera … well, there's always room to wonder just exactly how much gender has to do with any of these decisions.
Posted by: vision63
Date: March 03, 2021 04:27AM
Bernie rushing to block another qualified woman.

Date: March 03, 2021 09:50AM
big grin smiley

Posted by: rjmacs
Date: March 03, 2021 11:01AM
Called it.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: hal
Date: March 03, 2021 02:47PM
Blankity Blank
big grin smiley

this CRACKED ME UP!
Date: March 03, 2021 03:56PM
It’s vision63’s fault for making me snort coffee all over my keyboard in the first place.
Posted by: bfd
Date: March 03, 2021 05:03PM
vision63

Either that, or his Depends® just overflowed…
Posted by: RgrF
Date: March 03, 2021 07:22PM
bfd
vision63

Racing to beat a primary filing deadline.
Date: March 03, 2021 08:24PM
RgrF
bfd
vision63

Racing to beat a primary filing deadline.

Where he runs as a Democrat to frighten off challengers and vacuum up their "dirty" money, knowing that the DSCC and other funders won't fund a challenger to an existing seat. Once he wins, he changes back to Independent.
Date: March 03, 2021 08:32PM
Points for consistency, once you get a hate on, angry villagers smiley you got to the mat with it!
Date: March 03, 2021 09:39PM
RgrF
Points for consistency, once you get a hate on, angry villagers smiley you got to the mat with it!

I think it's very clever. I just wish he wouldn't act like he doesn't take the money.
Date: March 03, 2021 10:50PM
You want to exclude Bernie but seem perfectly content to have Joe Manchin share your tent.
Date: March 03, 2021 11:04PM
RgrF
You want to exclude Bernie but seem perfectly content to have Joe Manchin share your tent.

If Manchin wasn't there, the seat would be Republican. Guaranteed. Manchin will cooperate over 50%. A Republican, zero percent. West Virginia is a red state. Bernie is fixated on his agenda. The same one he's had his entire life. He's pragmatic for the most part, but he doesn't know how to get wins. He's unwilling to develop partnerships or build coalitions. He doesn't want his dreams tainted by compromise.

Down deep, he believes that there is a vast working class that is allied by their economic exclusion. It's true. But it's the United States. There are too many other divisions that has to be addressed before everyone can hold hands together and take over this country. Right now, we're too easy to divide and conquer. There are too many opportunists that are willing to unwittingly comply with the enemy divisiveness for some sort of short term gain.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2021 11:11PM by vision63.
Date: March 03, 2021 11:27PM
Bad analogy.
The guy in Montana, Jon Tester, is sitting in a "Republican" seat and yet seems to not have to do a Manchin and hold the country hostage - why do you suppose that is?

You seem to think that politicians who don't compromise principals aren't people you can or should deal with - that would seem to suggest that you value the lack of value. Pragmatism has it's limits and pitfalls of it's own my fiend.

You do realize that the latest "realpolitik" cave by Schumer - means testing - imposes a bureaucratic delay in getting $ into the hands of people who are most in need but they'll do that rather than fight for the promises they made.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2021 11:32PM by RgrF.
Date: March 04, 2021 12:11AM
RgrF
Bad analogy.
The guy in Montana, Jon Tester, is sitting in a "Republican" seat and yet seems to not have to do a Manchin and hold the country hostage - why do you suppose that is?

You seem to think that politicians who don't compromise principals aren't people you can or should deal with - that would seem to suggest that you value the lack of value. Pragmatism has it's limits and pitfalls of it's own my fiend.

You do realize that the latest "realpolitik" cave by Schumer - means testing - imposes a bureaucratic delay in getting $ into the hands of people who are most in need but they'll do that rather than fight for the promises they made.

You refuse to see Bernie as the ultra loser that he is. He has no accomplishments. He's just a big mouth talking a bunch of yang. Literally. You can't even defend what I just typed. You don't even have the capability to say "Oh no, you're wrong, this is what he's accomplished." You don't even try. Because there's nothing there. Dump that chump.

Jon Tester and Joe Manchin votes similarly. Manching has been a pain just a handful of times. So you're overstating that.
Date: March 04, 2021 01:00AM
This getting silly.

The first COVID relief bill was set to become law before Sanders used his Senatorial privilege to stop it and insist on $600/wk unemployment payment which eventually became the fact. Your defense of political patronage establishment politics and fear of Sanders threat to that sort of politics blind you Russ.

You're a fan of the status quo political landscape, people on both side of the aisle have strongly refuted that stance. It wasn't due to Trump excess but his mismanagement of COVID that we aren't saddled with another Trump administration. The past election saw GQP gains in the House while adopting Biden as an antidote to Trump - hardly the electoral response circumstances would have seemed to warrant.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2021 01:12AM by RgrF.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: March 04, 2021 08:19AM
It's a very curious thing to see someone here imply V would have been "OK" with another Trump presidency, simply due to status quo. And I'm being charitable here.

And please, we all know local elections are gerrymandered and never "tied" to whatever the national response it.
Date: March 04, 2021 12:46PM
Congress isn't a place where we elect representatives to "just" shoot off their mouths. We elect them to make laws. That's why we call them lawmakers. They legislate to make laws.

Republicans have decided to simply obstruct and destroy the making of laws. They're not about creating laws anymore.

The far left, upset that they wield little power are just as obstructive. Their king is Bernie Sanders. Even his own state is getting tired of him. He only garnered 50% in Vermont during the primaries.

7 passed bills in 30 years. Most of them the re-naming of Post Offices. But all you ever hear him say is "I led the fight to _______"

This fool and others like him can't look at what's good in something (a bill), only what they don't like about it. It's because they're not interested in solutions. Just fooling people into believing that they're relevant without actually having to do any work.

This needs to be understood. It's because of his shenanigans and others like him that Trump was able to sneak into the White House. They're geared up to be just as irresponsible moving forward.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2021 12:48PM by vision63.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 56
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020