advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Requiem for our soon to be lost brothers and sisters in Texas and Mississippi...
Posted by: Buzz
Date: March 02, 2021 09:07PM
It's gonna be bad, and we're gonna lose people, lots of people, that shouldn't have been lost in Texas and Mississippi....

and wherever else Texans and Mississippiers dare travel.

Vote to immediately lock down the borders of those states, and don't let anybody out until Covid has been eradicated there. You vote those morons into office there, and they open the states prematurely; you stay there until it's safe for everyone.

Prayers for those we know there.
==
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Requiem for our soon to be lost brothers and sisters in Texas and Mississippi...
Posted by: Ted King
Date: March 02, 2021 09:57PM
Buzz

Vote to immediately lock down the borders of those states, and don't let anybody out until Covid has been eradicated there.

I heard a reliable report that three probably nastier variants of the virus have been found in the Houston area. Let them blossom together by lack of common sense about transmission into large numbers of infected people and they will get out into the rest of the country faster than if Texas were to put in place and maintain more social distancing and mask wearing. Maybe faster than we can vaccinate people to keep the pandemic from exploding again.
Re: Requiem for our soon to be lost brothers and sisters in Texas and Mississippi...
Posted by: Rolando
Date: March 02, 2021 10:58PM
My wife's Aunt in the valley wants to come visit. SA just got below 5% infection rates.

Not for long...

San Antonio, TX (in the old city)

"All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke
“Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented." - Eli Weisel

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public." - Theodore Roosevelt (1918)

"I don’t want to see religious bigotry in any form. It would disturb me if there was a wedding between the religious fundamentalists and the political right. The hard right has no interest in religion except to manipulate it." - Billy Graham 1981

"Politics and governing demand compromise. But these Christians believe they are acting in the name of God, so they can't and won't compromise" - Barry Goldwater
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: March 03, 2021 07:13AM
People in Jackson MS have not had safe running water for 2 weeks now.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: March 03, 2021 08:07AM
And Missouri, where vaccines are NOT being made available in cities.
You read that right.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: March 03, 2021 09:39AM
Commerce over people, especially doing away with the mask mandate which was obeyed where we are. I never saw an unmasked person, save for young children, inside any enclosed structure in the last two months that we have been in Texas.

Over 2000 victims in one Texas county, Hidalgo, on the frontier with Mexico, population 843,000.

Page with a memorial video:

[www.hidalgocounty.us]

All memorialized victims were of Hispanic heritage save one or two. About a dozen victims were couples.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: March 03, 2021 09:55AM
Speedy
Commerce over people

Republicans: People exist to serve the economy.

Democrats: The economy exists to serve people.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: March 03, 2021 11:01AM
Sorry, southern residents - you're on your own.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: GGD
Date: March 03, 2021 11:07AM
Speedy
Commerce over people, especially doing away with the mask mandate which was obeyed where we are. I never saw an unmasked person, save for young children, inside any enclosed structure in the last two months that we have been in Texas.

But how does wearing a mask impact commerce? It's essentially a personal clothing item, just like a red cap with white lettering.
Posted by: bfd
Date: March 03, 2021 05:09PM
… ol' Elon Musky should just love living and working in Texas.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: March 03, 2021 07:23PM
Tejas is fly-into/fly out-of country for Elon.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: March 03, 2021 08:34PM
RgrF
Tejas is fly-into/fly out-of country for Elon.

Yep, a home, home on the range for tax purposes.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Janit
Date: March 03, 2021 08:38PM
Ted King
Buzz

Vote to immediately lock down the borders of those states, and don't let anybody out until Covid has been eradicated there.

I heard a reliable report that three probably nastier variants of the virus have been found in the Houston area. Let them blossom together by lack of common sense about transmission into large numbers of infected people and they will get out into the rest of the country faster than if Texas were to put in place and maintain more social distancing and mask wearing. Maybe faster than we can vaccinate people to keep the pandemic from exploding again.

Time to build a wall along Texas' northern border.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: March 05, 2021 07:55PM
I'm sandwiched between two of these states, and my own state has gone to Stage 3, except for my city.

All I can say is, Darwinism at work. If only it didn't affect me...

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 110
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020