advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Texas and masks
Posted by: samintx
Date: March 03, 2021 09:25AM
I am wondering if our Governor's decision was sparked by a Tx congressman press releases Matt Schaeffer was going to present legislation against forcing Texans to wear masks .....and proposed legal action against the Gov on this subject. Seems like there is a direct relationship to me. Re
election?

I am going to continue to wear my mask till Fauci says "all clear".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2021 09:26AM by samintx.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Texas and masks
Posted by: Speedy
Date: March 03, 2021 09:41AM
Unfortunately, mask wearing protects those in your vicinity more than it protects you.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: March 03, 2021 09:58AM
Speedy
Unfortunately, mask wearing protects those in your vicinity more than it protects you.

Which if correct (and I think I heard that too), still is a significant method of preventing spread of the virus. But if most of the idiots don't wear a mask, yes that does suck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/03/2021 09:59AM by Carnos Jax.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: March 03, 2021 11:15AM
Republicans are a suicide cult.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: March 03, 2021 11:16AM
et them be a suicide cult, my complaint is they have no issues making it a murder-suicide

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 03, 2021 12:42PM
.....they will be wearing.....the red mask....of death.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Buzz
Date: March 03, 2021 01:41PM

Keep an eye on the Covid stats.
==
Posted by: wave rider
Date: March 03, 2021 02:28PM
cbelt3
Republicans are a suicide cult.

Just found out the other day that Stephen Mnuchin was the executive producer for Suicide Squad. Eery…

=wr=
Posted by: bfd
Date: March 03, 2021 04:31PM
You'd think someone with a physical handicap would have a little more understanding of the pitfalls here, and a little more sensitivity towards the added dangers to those with comorbities.

But then this particular fool might just be so far removed from reality that he thinks he can survive anything, and as for those with comorbidities, it's their own problem - why should the rest of us care?
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: March 03, 2021 04:46PM
you know the wise saying:

"Nothing is certain except Death and Texas."
Date: March 03, 2021 08:28PM
TL;DR: Our healthy millennial son gets his first jab tomorrow morning (in Texas, so, on topic?)

>>>

My 28 y.o. son, who is generally healthy, is a teacher in community education, teaching English as a foreign language in south Texas right on the frontier. His wife and also his mother-in-law are diabetic and his wife received her second jab of Moderna today. (MIL gets her second jab this Friday, we got our second jab Feb. 2.)

Son’s wife is crazy concerned for him, especially because they spend a lot of time every week south of the border but also because many of his students are undocumented adult immigrants. When she got her jab today, she asked one of the staff when teachers and others would be eligible for the vaccine and was told by a staff member they could be vaccinated beginning tomorrow!

So she called my son and had him hustle over the half hour to the small town site to be qualified and get a wristband for a jab tomorrow. She would hold his place in line so he would get one of the 500 available wristbands. She asked him to bring her meds for her diabetes because she had not planned to be there for so many extra hours. While he was on his way over, she chatted with other staff. They told her, no, the information she was given was incorrect and that there had been no change in qualifying conditions. So she calls my son and tells him she is taking care of all the paperwork, etc. for him and that all he need do once he arrived is find her and follow her instructions. He is used to her doing all the thinking and talking and then following her directions; doing otherwise would be at his peril.

When he arrives she essentially tells him he should keep his mouth shut and let her do the talking, something quite normal for them (he can sometimes, maybe often, be clueless (like his PhD mother)). As I said, she had already been filling out the required paperwork for him as staff assisted her. They walk over to the same staff and she says to him, ‘show them the meds’ which he dutifully does, they said to him, sign here and here, then they affix a band to his wrist. He said little to nothing, perhaps a thank you. She fills him in when they get back to their vehicles. He knows better than to contradict her by being honest and not getting the jab tomorrow. (A wristband one day, the jab the next because it was taking a whole day to go through the process when they were qualifying and giving the vaccination on the same day; it took us seven hours for our first jab.)

Of note, the meds were not in Rx bottles but in a weekly pill organizer which was good enough for the county staff. Also, I think because Texas basically shutdown for a week, they may have a lot of vaccine on hand. That’s just my opinion.

We do our exercising with him (walking three miles) most every day. Needless to say, when we got over to his place late this afternoon, we were overjoyed to see his wristband. I had texted him this link just yesterday about prioritizing teachers:

[www.washingtonpost.com]

He then told us, no, that was not exactly why he had gotten a wristband... We were still thrilled for him.

Ps. Our whole family (my father, my wife and I, our two adult children and their SOs) have or will soon be vaccinated.

Pps. He is not aware of the two young women who tried to pass as elderly and received a trespass warning from the sheriff. As a parent, I am happy he is getting the vaccine. I know someone more in need and certainly more eligible may not. I can live with that.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2021 04:02AM by Speedy.
Posted by: AllGold
Date: March 04, 2021 04:20PM

Date: March 04, 2021 07:05PM
My son went this a.m. And he turned in his wristband and confessed that he lied about his eligibility, apologized, and offered the (lame) excuse that he was a teacher of in-person Adult Ed (schools are open for in-person classes K-12) and also that he selfishly wanted to beat the March 10 reopening of Texas. The intake person had him wait in his car as she checked with her supervisor, then came back, told him to not do it again and waved him off. There was plenty of law enforcement around so he was very glad none were called over. Because these events are advertised on social media (Twitter), I imagine they get more than a few drive-ups hoping there will be leftover doses who are routinely waved off.

He hopes to shortly be legitimately eligible for his first dose as his school district is planning to arrange appointments for their over-50 staff this coming week. He thinks he will possibly be in the following group but he has no idea when that will be.

Speedy
TL;DR: Our healthy millennial son gets his first jab tomorrow morning (in Texas, so, on topic?)

>>>

My 28 y.o. son, who is generally healthy, is a teacher in community education, teaching English as a foreign language in south Texas right on the frontier. His wife and also his mother-in-law are diabetic and his wife received her second jab of Moderna today. (MIL gets her second jab this Friday, we got our second jab Feb. 2.)

Son’s wife is crazy concerned for him, especially because they spend a lot of time every week south of the border but also because many of his students are undocumented adult immigrants. When she got her jab today, she asked one of the staff when teachers and others would be eligible for the vaccine and was told by a staff member they could be vaccinated beginning tomorrow!

So she called my son and had him hustle over the half hour to the small town site to be qualified and get a wristband for a jab tomorrow. She would hold his place in line so he would get one of the 500 available wristbands. She asked him to bring her meds for her diabetes because she had not planned to be there for so many extra hours. While he was on his way over, she chatted with other staff. They told her, no, the information she was given was incorrect and that there had been no change in qualifying conditions. So she calls my son and tells him she is taking care of all the paperwork, etc. for him and that all he need do once he arrived is find her and follow her instructions. He is used to her doing all the thinking and talking and then following her directions; doing otherwise would be at his peril.

When he arrives she essentially tells him he should keep his mouth shut and let her do the talking, something quite normal for them (he can sometimes, maybe often, be clueless (like his PhD mother)). As I said, she had already been filling out the required paperwork for him as staff assisted her. They walk over to the same staff and she says to him, ‘show them the meds’ which he dutifully does, they said to him, sign here and here, then they affix a band to his wrist. He said little to nothing, perhaps a thank you. She fills him in when they get back to their vehicles. He knows better than to contradict her by being honest and not getting the jab tomorrow. (A wristband one day, the jab the next because it was taking a whole day to go through the process when they were qualifying and giving the vaccination on the same day; it took us seven hours for our first jab.)

Of note, the meds were not in Rx bottles but in a weekly pill organizer which was good enough for the county staff. Also, I think because Texas basically shutdown for a week, they may have a lot of vaccine on hand. That’s just my opinion.

We do our exercising with him (walking three miles) most every day. Needless to say, when we got over to his place late this afternoon, we were overjoyed to see his wristband. I had texted him this link just yesterday about prioritizing teachers:

[www.washingtonpost.com]

He then told us, no, that was not exactly why he had gotten a wristband... We were still thrilled for him.

Ps. Our whole family (my father, my wife and I, our two adult children and their SOs) have or will soon be vaccinated.

Pps. He is not aware of the two young women who tried to pass as elderly and received a trespass warning from the sheriff. As a parent, I am happy he is getting the vaccine. I know someone more in need and certainly more eligible may not. I can live with that.

Posted by: rjmacs
Date: March 05, 2021 10:56AM
Cheaters gonna cheat. Sorry, not a lot of sympathy here for folks trying to jump the line. Wait your turn. Yes, the politicians suck but trying to cheat the system just undermines the idea that there should be priorities in who gets vaccinated.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Date: March 05, 2021 05:08PM
Agreed. Mixed feelings, though, because he is my child.

rjmacs
Cheaters gonna cheat. Sorry, not a lot of sympathy here for folks trying to jump the line. Wait your turn. Yes, the politicians suck but trying to cheat the system just undermines the idea that there should be priorities in who gets vaccinated.

Posted by: rjmacs
Date: March 06, 2021 12:08PM
Speedy
Agreed. Mixed feelings, though, because he is my child.

rjmacs

I feel you. But the people who can't get vaccinated are also people's children.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 91
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020