advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
"Biden slams Texas, Mississippi for lifting coronavirus restrictions: 'Neanderthal thinking'"
Posted by: Ted King
Date: March 03, 2021 04:34PM
[thehill.com]

"I think it's a big mistake," Biden told reporters in the Oval Office when asked about the two states lifting their mask mandates and all capacity limits on businesses on Tuesday.

"I hope everybody's realized by now these masks make a difference," he added. "We are on the cusp of being able to fundamentally change the nature of this disease because of the way we're able to get vaccines in people's arms."

He noted there will be enough vaccines available for all adults by May.

"The last thing we need is Neanderthal thinking that in the meantime everything's fine, take off your mask, forget it," he said. "It still matters."

For Biden, that's a pretty sharp slap at Abbot.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: "Biden slams Texas, Mississippi for lifting coronavirus restrictions: 'Neanderthal thinking'"
Posted by: bfd
Date: March 03, 2021 04:42PM
The eyes of Texas are upon you…
Re: "Biden slams Texas, Mississippi for lifting coronavirus restrictions: 'Neanderthal thinking'"
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: March 03, 2021 04:58PM
Among Neanderthals, Abbot is very highly regarded.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: hal
Date: March 03, 2021 05:06PM
Ombligo
Among Neanderthals, Abbot is very highly regarded.

SOL!

(I snickered out loud)
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: March 03, 2021 06:07PM
I have no interest in dick-measuring contests, which practically is all this is.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: deckeda
Date: March 03, 2021 06:47PM
It rightly needed to be said. The TX Governor is a moron who harms the rest of us.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: March 03, 2021 07:04PM
I hope the businesses I patronize don’t follow Gov. Abbott but rather keep social distancing and masking as requirements to enter their establishments.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: March 04, 2021 06:17PM
After Biden called Texas a bad name, the Governor blamed the virus on Mexicans in his Biden attack.

"The Biden Administration is recklessly releasing hundreds of illegal immigrants who have COVID into Texas communities,” Abbott wrote on Twitter. “The Biden Admin. must IMMEDIATELY end this callous act that exposes Texans & Americans to COVID.”

Someone once told me they're also a bunch of rapists, so I don't know why Abbot is soft-pedaling this so much.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: March 04, 2021 07:41PM
Abbot has learned that for Trumpistas there is US and there is them and if you have Trump's blessing as a Republican office-holder then as a leader of US you can lie all you want and be believed by US (just make sure you don't contradict the Don). All Abbot needs to have to fulfill this destiny is to be totally shameless in his use of lies. Obviously, he has no shame.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: March 05, 2021 04:06PM
Maybe Abbot was talking about Ted Cruz's family. Were they tested before coming back to the US from Mexico?

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 193
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020