advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
“ Capitol riot suspect pictured at Pelosi’s desk screams ‘It’s not fair’ in courtroom tantrum”
Posted by: deckeda
Date: March 04, 2021 10:13PM
[www.washingtonpost.com]

[www.thedailybeast.com]

“This has been a bunch of crap,” he added.

Bummer, that.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: “ Capitol riot suspect pictured at Pelosi’s desk screams ‘It’s not fair’ in courtroom tantrum”
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: March 04, 2021 10:22PM
Poor guy. From the close-up, looks like severe arthritis with sclerodactyly and advanced diabetes.

Lucky for him, he can get health care in prison.

Re: “ Capitol riot suspect pictured at Pelosi’s desk screams ‘It’s not fair’ in courtroom tantrum”
Posted by: Speedy
Date: March 04, 2021 10:52PM
He has a great case for a diminished capacity defense.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: bfd
Date: March 05, 2021 01:12AM
His asshat attorney was quoted as saying that in America, you're innocent until proven guilty, and if it weren't for the picture of his client sitting with his feet up at Pelosi's desk, his client would be out of jail today.

Yeah…But there is a picture. He was there. And he is guilty.

LOFL.
Date: March 05, 2021 06:23AM
And I’m not getting the sense that our judicial system is really equipped to deal with these people. Trespassing, theft, whatever, are stuff tangential to insurrection.

It’s Elliot Ness vs Al Capone. You get ‘em on tax evasion because there’s no law against being a monster?
Date: March 05, 2021 06:24AM
I meant “mobster” but you get the idea.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: March 05, 2021 09:05AM
"Your honor, I object!"

"Why?"

"Because it's DEVASTATING to my case!"
Posted by: pdq
Date: March 05, 2021 09:33AM
The QAnon Shaman chimes in:

Describing his actions on January 6, Chansley said, "Well, I sang a song. And that's a part of shamanism. It's about-- creating positive vibrations in a sacred chamber. I also stopped people from stealing and vandalizing that sacred space, the Senate. Okay? I actually stopped somebody from stealing muffins out of the break room...

I often don horns and grab a spear to defend the office break room muffins - don’t you?

”But Jake, legally, you were not allowed to be in what you're calling the sacred chamber," Segall said to Chansley.

"And that is-- and that is the one very serious regret that I have, was believing that when we were waved in by police officers, that it was acceptable," Chansley said.

Yup, just look at those guys waving them in...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2021 09:58AM by pdq.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: March 05, 2021 09:47AM
deckeda
And I’m not getting the sense that our judicial system is really equipped to deal with these people. Trespassing, theft, whatever, are stuff tangential to insurrection.

Its difficult when some 47% of voters thinks "I don't like what they did....but they need to be heard"

Also, I think they're tailoring the charges as specifically to what they did as possible so insurrection isn't misapplied in the future.

Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: March 05, 2021 10:09AM
pdq
Yup, just look at those guys waving them in...

Well, they were supposed to wave them in.

They were supposed to be on their side,

But they weren't so they had to kill them.

Self-defense. Standing their ground.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: March 05, 2021 11:11AM
Sorry, waaaahmbulances can't retrieve folks from federal custody.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: $tevie
Date: March 05, 2021 06:40PM
deckeda
You can hit them with three/four/five charges that will result in mucho jail time, or you can hit them with a big one like sedition and have 200 hung juries because not one of them could get 12 out of 12 to agree on whether or not the defendants really meant to overthrow the government.

Posted by: btfc
Date: March 05, 2021 07:08PM
And it’s demonstrated that they face more than a wrist slap and can and will be locked up for a while and/or face significant financial penalties. Then some of them start to flip on others. I expect to see more serious charges as time goes on.
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: March 06, 2021 12:11PM
$tevie
deckeda
You can hit them with three/four/five charges that will result in mucho jail time, or you can hit them with a big one like sedition and have 200 hung juries because not one of them could get 12 out of 12 to agree on whether or not the defendants really meant to overthrow the government.

Yep, most of the people who entered the Capitol will end up just paying a fine.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 102
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020