advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Why all the focus and blame on Marjorie Taylor and not Rep Paul Gosar?
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: March 05, 2021 11:05AM
She deserves plenty, but Gosar has been actively stirring up the white supremacists for a while now, and appears to have had a big role in Jan. 6. And Charlottesville before that.

Weirdly, he got his big boost as a congressional candidate because of a friendship with a fellow dentist from Wasilla, Alaska. Who knew you know who.

Great deep dive on Gosar, who has stayed under the radar

[thebulwark.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Why all the focus and blame on Marjorie Taylor and not Rep Paul Gosar?
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: March 05, 2021 11:18AM
"Thanks to his new ruby-red district, Democrats haven’t made a concerted effort to target Gosar."

There's your answer.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Date: March 05, 2021 11:19AM
Marjorie Green is also from a ruby red district. That's not the answer.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: March 05, 2021 11:21AM
Let's remember who deserves most of the blame here...

Date: March 05, 2021 11:24AM
Then perhaps it's because he doesn't do things like target his transgender colleagues by posting a sign on her office door that undermines her identity? Or because he hasn't openly suggested that Nancy Pelosi should be assassinated, or that Jewish space lasers funded by the Rothschilds are the cause of California wildfires?

I understand that you're saying that we should pay attention to Gosar, and I don't disagree. But the premise that she hasn't earned her attention strikes me as silly.

rj
AKA
Date: March 05, 2021 11:28AM
rjmacs
. But the premise that she hasn't earned her attention strikes me as silly.

Is it strawman Friday?

I said no such thing.
Date: March 05, 2021 11:29AM
Your subject line poses a question. My reply answers that question.

Edit: also, your subject line implies that somehow Taylor has gotten an unearned level of scrutiny compared to other GOP nutcases. Is that true?

rj
AKA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2021 11:34AM by rjmacs.
Date: March 05, 2021 11:36AM
rjmacs

Edit: also, your subject line implies that somehow Taylor has gotten an unearned level of scrutiny compared to other GOP nutcases. Is that true?

So you're saying that a decade of anti-Black and other biggoted behavior should be ignored for the gal who just showed up, and likely had FAR less influence on Jan. 6?
Date: March 05, 2021 11:40AM
Lemon Drop
rjmacs

So you're saying that a decade of anti-Black and other biggoted behavior should be ignored for the gal who just showed up, and likely had FAR less influence on Jan. 6?

Nope. But you asked why she's getting all the blame instead of Gosar. The answer is: she wants all the attention, and Gosar is doing a better job of perpetrating his racist and bigoted actions under the radar.

Edit: we're not really in disagreement, but I disagreed with your framing. I'm sorry - that wasn't a good way to approach this conversation. We should be opposing Gosar with equal vigilance, and the why isn't really important. Sorry that I took us down this rabbit hole.

rj
AKA

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2021 11:44AM by rjmacs.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: March 05, 2021 12:12PM
The Bad: In Marjorie Bowling Green's district catch phrases like "Let's exterminate the Gypsies" gain votes.

The Good: She's got lots of free time because she is banned from all house committees.
Posted by: sekker
Date: March 05, 2021 12:18PM
Both are bad for our country.
Posted by: btfc
Date: March 05, 2021 12:56PM
“ We should be opposing Gosar with equal vigilance “

My takeaway too.

I was aware of the sibling thing and the “We just haven’t started shooting yet “ statement, but was not aware of the full extent of his “ conspiracy-mongering and race-baiting “ until now.

And yes, Taylor Greene has made a concerted effort to be in the limelight for several years with her extreme statements and positions.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: March 05, 2021 01:13PM
The louder they are, the easier they can be to swat down, despite their short-term gains. We're very much in an age when all of that is being tested tho, in Trump's image.

This is a story about how Republicans are ignoring the impending trainwreck that is Madison Cawthorn, who is so small-time egregious that he blamed the friend who saved his life for endangering it: [www.washingtonpost.com]
Date: March 05, 2021 01:20PM
deckeda
The louder they are, the easier they can be to swat down, despite their short-term gains. We're very much in an age when all of that is being tested tho, in Trump's image.

This is a story about how Republicans are ignoring the impending trainwreck that is Madison Cawthorn, who is so small-time egregious that he blamed the friend who saved his life for endangering it: [www.washingtonpost.com]

Cawthorn is one of the worst 45 coattails creatures.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2021 01:20PM by Lemon Drop.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: March 05, 2021 01:24PM
Gosar being one of the top speakers at AFPAC isn't really flying under the radar, except for none of the major networks bothering to cover it in a headline segment on the nightly national news.

I was a little surprised to even find a story about this on a national news site.
GOP congressman headlines conference where organizers push white nationalist rhetoric
https: //abcnews.go.com/US/gop-congressman-headlines-conference-organizers-push-white-nationalist/story?id=76152780

So CPAC gets a pass on supporting klan/nazis even with them using stage designs that any 1930's fascist would support...

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: btfc
Date: March 05, 2021 01:30PM
“ Madison Cawthorn “

Yes, I’ve been wondering when that story would fully emerge.

[news.yahoo.com]

[www.washingtonpost.com]
Posted by: vision63
Date: March 05, 2021 03:33PM
She's just saying "This guy too!" Marjorie is kinda besides her point. We all know she's a lunatic.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: March 05, 2021 06:36PM
The nutjob women get hammered fast because they are not nutjob men. It takes longer for us to get worked up about the insane right wing men, probably because there's so many.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 84
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020