advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
article:"Ex-Trump appointee arrested in Capitol riot complains he won't be able to sleep in jail"
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: March 05, 2021 09:24PM
snowflake meltdown

Ex-Trump appointee arrested in Capitol riot complains he won't be able to sleep in jail
[thehill.com]

Federico Guillermo Klein, a former State Department staff assistant who was arrested Thursday for his role in the Jan. 6 Capitol insurrection, has reportedly complained that he won't be able to sleep in prison.
-
Klein, who held a top-secret clearance until he resigned the day before President Biden's inauguration, requested that he receive better sleeping conditions.

"I wonder if there’s a place where I can stay in detention where I don’t have cockroaches crawling over me while I attempt to sleep... I mean, I really haven’t slept all that much, your honor," Klein said at the end of the hearing, according to The Post.

He added, "It would be nice if I could sleep in a place where there were not cockroaches everywhere."

[The judge] reportedly responded to Klein's request by assuring him that if he encountered any such problems while in D.C. prison, his concerns would be addressed.

-

Klein is facing six charges, including assault, resisting or impeding certain weapons, and violent and disorderly conduct on Capitol Grounds. His arrest marks the first time a Trump appointee is facing criminal charges in connection with the riot.

-
According to court documents, Klein was physically and verbally involved with police officers in the tunnel leading to the Capitol grounds. The complaint against the Trump appointee claims he used a stolen police shield to batter officers and pry open a door to call for reinforcement who planned to confront members of congress in an attempt to overthrow the government.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/05/2021 09:26PM by Steve G..
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: article:"Ex-Trump appointee arrested in Capitol riot complains he won't be able to sleep in jail"
Posted by: RgrF
Date: March 05, 2021 09:29PM
They promised him a new cell occupied by a completely different family of vermin.
Re: article:"Ex-Trump appointee arrested in Capitol riot complains he won't be able to sleep in jail"
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: March 05, 2021 09:46PM
good comment:
...hey...

If the MAGA snowflake wants to see what it’s really like to be treated with prejudice by the criminal justice system in this country...

We can dispense with the trouble of sending him to prison, and just have an officer choke-slam him to death in the street.

Since—you know—that’s what they think is supposed to happen when you break the law.
Posted by: GGD
Date: March 05, 2021 10:20PM
I smell a negative Yelp review coming.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: March 05, 2021 11:00PM
Shouldn’t he have started his GoFundMe by now, to help address these atrocious issues perpetrated upon him?
Posted by: btfc
Date: March 05, 2021 11:34PM
Hey, they’re organic.
Posted by: SteveO
Date: March 06, 2021 08:45AM
Saw that this am on another site and had to LOL. Something about taking personal responsibility for breaking the law goes here. Law and order, you know, all that.

I know, I know...that stuff only applies to "criminals" (read: brown people), not "patriots."
Posted by: wave rider
Date: March 06, 2021 10:59AM
GGD
I smell a negative Yelp review coming.

goodone

=wr=
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: March 06, 2021 02:46PM
I still believe that somebody who is accused of a crime, but not yet convicted, has the right to be treated in a civilized manner. I would hate to be falsely accused and yet treated like that. Let the judge offer him the right to a speedy trial and see where he and his lawyer go with it -- he already has that right, and he could take it. In practice, defense lawyers often/usually waive that right because they feel swamped with other cases, but this guy could hire a private attorney.

But yeah, there is the usual irony in the hard right wing complaining about jail conditions never, and then the moment they get put in jail, they whine.

A friend of mine once remarked on the Watergate felons who were gradually getting out of prison -- he laughed and asked if I had noticed that they all talk about how they will dedicate the rest of their lives to prison reform.
Date: March 06, 2021 02:46PM
I still believe that somebody who is accused of a crime, but not yet convicted, has the right to be treated in a civilized manner. I would hate to be falsely accused and yet treated like that. Let the judge offer him the right to a speedy trial and see where he and his lawyer go with it -- he already has that right, and he could take it. In practice, defense lawyers often/usually waive that right because they feel swamped with other cases, but this guy could hire a private attorney.

But yeah, there is the usual irony in the hard right wing complaining about jail conditions never, and then the moment they get put in jail, they whine.

A friend of mine once remarked on the Watergate felons who were gradually getting out of prison -- he laughed and asked if I had noticed that they all talk about how they will dedicate the rest of their lives to prison reform.
Date: March 06, 2021 02:47PM

Posted by: rjmacs
Date: March 06, 2021 03:04PM
Wow, Ca Bob - you feel strongly about this!

The insurrectionist will manage. Maybe he can make some new friends in lock-up.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: Ammo
Date: March 06, 2021 04:34PM
The judge should tell him to buck up: it's good practice for what's ahead.

Where is there dignity unless there is also honesty? - Cicero

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 191
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020