advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Major Biden incident sends closest allies away...
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: March 09, 2021 09:38AM
Sorry. Couldn't resist the teaser.

Can't help but wonder who was the aggressor in this incident. Some people just aren't "dog" people.

[www.cnn.com]

Washington (CNN)The two German Shepherds belonging to President Joe Biden and first lady Jill Biden were returned to the Biden family home in Delaware last week after aggressive behavior at the White House involving Major Biden, two sources with knowledge tell CNN.

Major, who was adopted by Biden in November 2018 from a Delaware animal shelter, had what one of the people described as a "biting incident" with a member of White House security. The exact condition of the victim is unknown, however, the episode was serious enough that the dogs were subsequently moved to Wilmington, Delaware, where they remain.

CNN reached out to the White House for comment and did not immediately receive a reply.

Major, who is 3 years old, is the younger of the two Biden dogs, and has been known to display agitated behavior on multiple occasions, including jumping, barking, and "charging" at staff and security, according to the people CNN spoke with about the dog's demeanor at the White House. The older of Biden's German Shepherds, Champ, is approximately 13 and has slowed down physically due to his advanced age.

The two dogs like to remain together, says one person familiar with the pets, something Biden noted last month. Biden said he adopted Major in part as a companion for Champ, to keep the older dog busy and active.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Major Biden incident sends closest allies away...
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: March 09, 2021 09:43AM
Sounds like a dog that hasn't been properly trained.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: March 09, 2021 10:02AM
The guard had the smell of trump on him.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.” -- François de La Rochefoucauld

"Those who cannot accept the past are condemned to revise it." -- Geo. Mathias
Posted by: Sam3
Date: March 09, 2021 10:13AM
rjmacs
Sounds like a dog that hasn't been properly trained.

I was just going to say that. Adding to the lack of skilled training, it sounds like the GSD also hasn't been properly socialized. And by socialized I mean they haven't been trained to be in situations that demand the dogs learn to ignore other people and animals.

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: March 09, 2021 10:34AM
I cannot imagine how confusing the White House environment must be for a large dog. Poor pup. I hope his new residence has room to roam and play and just be a dog.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: March 09, 2021 10:36AM
How did he get promoted to Major, anyway?

Is he even in the military?

I am outraged.

I demand a stolen valor investigation.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: March 09, 2021 10:39AM
Lux Interior
How did he get promoted to Major, anyway?

Is he even in the military?

I am outraged.

I demand a stolen valor investigation.
I expect he got demoted to Lt after that incident....
Posted by: btfc
Date: March 09, 2021 11:04AM
“ I cannot imagine how confusing the White House environment must be for a large dog “

Very possible that the change in environment and situation was very stressful for a dog that was not used to it. Some german shepherds can tend to be hyper alert. Secret Service hanging around, people coming and going frequently, could trigger some dogs.

Good call to remove him from the situation, and yes, with some work hopefully he (they) can rejoin the rest of the family.

My mom’s family bred and raised shepherds, and I grew up with them, including a couple that ended up as seeing eye dogs. I like and respect them, but I’m careful until I get to know them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2021 11:16AM by btfc.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: March 09, 2021 11:07AM
It's also really important, when dogs are in a new place, that their human companions can be present to reassure them and spend time with them in the novel environment. A president and first lady's schedules can't really allow for that these days, unfortunately, and that means that Major and Champ were likely left with unfamiliar handlers in a strange place, which could only have heightened their anxiety. Poor pups - I'm sure they'll be happier back home in DE.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: rgG
Date: March 09, 2021 11:32AM
I think the new prospective kitty set him up. grinning smiley

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: Acer
Date: March 09, 2021 11:46AM
This is why cats are the superior pet.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: March 09, 2021 11:51AM
Enroll Major in K-9 trading and this won't be an issue.

But the flaw in the owner's strategy is that really old dogs don't need new ones. New ones need old dogs which will demonstrate better behavior and protect humans they know are not a threat. A challenge here is that Champ is too old to mentor. Major needs another who can keep him in line.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: March 09, 2021 12:38PM
and yet, the headline is 85%-90% accurate
Date: March 09, 2021 12:39PM
Ombligo
The guard had the smell of trump on him.

the most popular response
Posted by: vision63
Date: March 09, 2021 12:40PM
I stand with Major. He's just rambunctious.
Posted by: GGD
Date: March 09, 2021 01:03PM
Sarcany
had what one of the people described as a "biting incident" with a member of White House security.

That statement is just vague enough that the security member could have been another dog. Maybe sniffing his territory.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2021 01:04PM by GGD.
Posted by: sekker
Date: March 09, 2021 01:46PM
Our two dogs would have hated living in the White House. My sympathies are with the pups here.
Posted by: numbered
Date: March 09, 2021 02:34PM
Someone on twitter pointed out that the story has been corrected...Major scratched someone while they were playing.

I too have suffered a scratch or two while wrestling the retrievers on the floor. Not to mention the hair that is then stuck to my shirt.

The exile is supposedly because Dr. Jill will be out of town so they ship the dogs home while she is gone.

I cannot verify this, but if true it changes the story.

From the article:

Psaki at Tuesday's press briefing said the trip to Delaware by the family dogs was "previously planned already," and that they were being cared for there by "family friends." Psaki did not say when exactly the dogs might return to the White House, only that it will be "soon."

The first lady departed Monday afternoon for a two-day trip to Washington and California to visit military bases and is expected to return to the White House on Wednesday.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: March 09, 2021 02:54PM
Why is FLOTUS visiting (inspecting?) US military bases? I understand they fly in and out of bases but to visit them?
Posted by: numbered
Date: March 09, 2021 04:45PM
Here is one base she is visiting

Twitter person
Dr. Jill Biden talks about Joining Forces, an initiative she and First Lady @MichelleObama
founded in 2011. She will speak with military spouses to learn about challenges their families face. This conversation is held at Naval Air Station Whidbey Island.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: March 09, 2021 06:23PM
RgrF
Why is FLOTUS visiting (inspecting?) US military bases? I understand they fly in and out of bases but to visit them?

That goes way back;13 FLOTUS back...
[youtu.be]
Date: March 09, 2021 07:44PM
DeusxMac
RgrF

That goes way back;13 FLOTUS back...
[youtu.be]

I knew there must be a reason I never paid attention to the activities of any FLOTUS, seems to work - at least for me.
Date: March 09, 2021 07:45PM
Is the new guy now a FHOTUS? Something else to ignore!
Posted by: $tevie
Date: March 09, 2021 09:17PM
She's revived her activity in Joining Forces. Or, to be fair, she never stopped, I really can't say.

In 2011, First Lady Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden came together to launch Joining Forces, a nationwide initiative calling all Americans to rally around service members, veterans, and their families and support them through wellness, education, and employment opportunities. Joining Forces works hand in hand with the public and private sector to ensure that service members, veterans, and their families have the tools they need to succeed throughout their lives.
[obamawhitehouse.archives.gov]

Date: March 09, 2021 09:44PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 63
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020