advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Pfizer, Moderna Covid vaccines 90% effective
Posted by: deckeda
Date: March 29, 2021 12:29PM
Considering the alternative of doing nothing, I’d argue taking the shot is wildly persuasive.

[www.cdc.gov]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Pfizer, Moderna Covid vaccines 90% effective
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: March 29, 2021 12:40PM
That will not convince the crowd who thinks it's going to turn you into .
Posted by: Speedy
Date: March 29, 2021 01:18PM
It’s got to be 100% or I’m not taking it. Maybe 99.99% would be okay, too.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: sekker
Date: March 29, 2021 04:00PM
'Estimated adjusted vaccine effectiveness of full immunization was 90% (95% confidence interval [CI] = 68%–97%); vaccine effectiveness of partial immunization was 80% (95% CI = 59%–90%)'

This is in healthcare workers likely to be exposed.

Very good news, indeed.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: March 29, 2021 04:05PM
Wondering if perhaps these were instead created by microbiologist rock stars there wouldn’t be such angst in some corners.

On the other hand I can’t argue on behalf of the irrational.

Every day millions more get jabbed, tho. We’re slowly getting out from under this, but it’s going to take a heck of a lot longer than it should thanks to everyone who is either selfishly uninterested or remains willfully misinformed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2021 04:06PM by deckeda.
Posted by: steve...
Date: March 29, 2021 05:16PM
Got my first Moderna shot this afternoon.

I was glad to see this:
  • A single dose of Pfizer’s or Moderna’s Covid-19 vaccine was 80% effective in preventing infections, according to a new CDC study.
  • Two doses are better than one, the CDC said, adding that the vaccines’ effectiveness jumped to 90% two weeks after the second dose.

CNBC

Northern California Coast
Posted by: Diana
Date: March 29, 2021 08:21PM
I got the first Pfizer shot two weeks ago (as of tomorrow) with the followup one scheduled Tuesday next week. My significant other is scheduled Wednesday afternoon for the J&J. Mine is through work, snd his is what he was able to find statewide. About two weeks ago, the state opened Stage 3 folks for vaccinations, and now, before the essential people that comprise Stage 3 here are able to find their vaccinations they are opening up for everyone else, thereby making it that harder for for the essential folks to get their vaccinations. The closest I could find when I last looked was 60-90 miles one way. Is there just not that much vaccine to be delivered, or is it that no one has been pushing to get it? I don’t have an answer, but this is more than frustrating.

I would say “only in Oklahoma” but my brother-in-law is still waiting for his—kidney cancer survivor who will be on medication for the rest of his life—and my sister live in Kansas.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: March 29, 2021 09:14PM
....Oklahoma.......OK.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: JoeH
Date: March 31, 2021 11:58AM
Diana
I would say “only in Oklahoma” but my brother-in-law is still waiting for his—kidney cancer survivor who will be on medication for the rest of his life—and my sister live in Kansas.

Not just there, here in MA the closest available appointment when I looked earlier today was 40 miles away, and there were just 2 slots open. Locally I saw one opening about 2 weeks ago, it was gone before I could sign up.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 109
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020