advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
FINALLY... Fox speaks about Gaetz: 'Orgy, underage girls, sex games and extortion: Inside the allegations surrounding Rep. Matt Gaetz'
Posted by: hal
Date: April 03, 2021 09:41PM
[www.foxnews.com]

fox has been eerily silent on Gaetz, but they finally have something to say and the headline sounds like one that they were saving for Hunter Biden. In fact... winning twitter comment: 'Gaetz is everything the Republicans hoped Hunter Biden would be'.

it starts: 'Long before bombshell allegations of federal sex trafficking rocked the political world this week, Rep. Matt Gaetz's rumored sexual conduct was already a source of controversy.'

oh, of course - we've been reading about this on foxnew.com for YEARS! [/sarc]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2021 09:41PM by hal.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: FINALLY... Fox speaks about Gaetz: 'Orgy, underage girls, sex games and extortion: Inside the allegations surrounding Rep. Matt Gaetz'
Posted by: deckeda
Date: April 03, 2021 10:37PM
Just a compendium of events published by others this past week. And clickbait. Nothing “insider” about it.
Re: FINALLY... Fox speaks about Gaetz: 'Orgy, underage girls, sex games and extortion: Inside the allegations surrounding Rep. Matt Gaetz'
Posted by: hal
Date: April 03, 2021 10:54PM
My point is that after a period of silence, fox is throwing the book at Gaetz. Fox does not present this kind of sensational headline for a subject unless it's a hitjob.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: April 03, 2021 11:47PM
Fox does not present this kind of sensational headline for a subject unless it's a hitjob.

Perhaps an attempt to avoid death by 1,000 cuts? Fox has the chops to both make a regional "hack" a national figure as well as to make them disappear.
Posted by: JoeH
Date: April 04, 2021 12:49AM
Well Fox will be serious about when they label him with a "D" on air.
Posted by: space-time
Date: April 04, 2021 01:31AM
JoeH

???
Posted by: GGD
Date: April 04, 2021 02:22AM
space-time
JoeH

???

They have a history of labeling republicans involved in scandals as democrats in their graphics.

[appealtoauthority.wordpress.com]
Posted by: Speedy
Date: April 04, 2021 05:38AM
In the 28th paragraph of the article, Faux News’ finally mentions he is a Republican:

“Federal investigators are reportedly determining whether Gaetz and another Republican paid underage girls for sex or offered them gifts in exchange for sex.”

The captions under some of the photos, which are from non-Faux sources, also include that he is an ‘R’.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: Michael
Date: April 04, 2021 07:35AM
Speedy
In the 28th paragraph of the article, Faux News’ finally mentions he is a Republican:

“Federal investigators are reportedly determining whether Gaetz and another Republican paid underage girls for sex or offered them gifts in exchange for sex.”

The captions under some of the photos, which are from non-Faux sources, also include that he is an ‘R’.

When I opened the Fox link, under the big headline is a smaller headline that says, "Florida GOP congressman faces federal sex-trafficking investigation."

Having said that, it's amazing to me that not only do people do this kind of crap but that anybody thinks they can get away with the things reported. The guy's a pig.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: April 04, 2021 08:44AM
This story will have been the first time many people in that echo chamber were made aware, so it has value in that sense. I suppose after a week they realized this wasn’t going away, and had to me-too acknowledge that one of their prolific TV guests might possibly have a bit of stink about him.
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: April 04, 2021 10:00AM
I guess Fox News finally renewed their subscription to The New York Times.
Posted by: pdq
Date: April 04, 2021 10:26AM
I see that Gaetz’ communication director has been sacked. Kill the messenger.

Also, whatever happened to Hunter? Last we heard from the wingnut-o-sphere, he was taking millions, no billions from the Chinese, arranging meetups between his dad and shadowy Ukrainians, was being investigated by the FBI, and indictments were imminent.

I know from reading unsavory comments online that all this has already entered the nutjob hall of indisputably true lore (translation for the rest of us: it was all BS). After all that, are they really just going to let it slip down the memory hole? Or can we look forward to a small item on page 23 of the Times that the investigation has ended without charges?
Date: April 04, 2021 10:45AM
Also, BTW, this comment from his comm team made me laugh:

"Matt Gaetz cherishes the relationships in his past and looks forward to marrying the love of his life," the statement said.

Matt Gaetz, center, says he’s falling deeply in love with several of the contestants and hopes to soon propose to his forever-partner.

(...if you’ve ever watched that bit of horrible programming/guilty pleasure).
Posted by: GGD
Date: April 04, 2021 10:51AM
SNL / Weekend Update had some pretty good coverage last night. Especially pointing out how QAnon isn't all over this.

[www.youtube.com]
Date: April 04, 2021 11:17AM

ABC News, also citing unnamed sources, reported Friday that as a member of the Florida Legislature – before he was elected to the U.S. House – Gaetz and other young lawmakers had created a scoring system for their sexual encounters. They awarded different points for interns, their female colleagues and women they had heard were virgins.

He’s a player...uh, looking forward to marrying the love of his life.
Posted by: Ammo
Date: April 04, 2021 03:53PM
hal
My point is that after a period of silence, fox is throwing the book at Gaetz. Fox does not present this kind of sensational headline for a subject unless it's a hitjob.

Well, they had this perfect hit job article on Hunter Biden that didn’t seem to be going anywhere, so they just changed around the names of those involved and it kinda rewrote itself.

Where is there dignity unless there is also honesty? - Cicero

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Posted by: Speedy
Date: April 04, 2021 05:28PM
Michael
Speedy

When I opened the Fox link, under the big headline is a smaller headline that says, "Florida GOP congressman faces federal sex-trafficking investigation."

Having said that, it's amazing to me that not only do people do this kind of crap but that anybody thinks they can get away with the things reported. The guy's a pig.

Yes, I missed that sub-headline mention that he is a Republican.

Do he and Don, Jr. still hang out?

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 112
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020