Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Eh, 28, 25% what’s the difference?
Posted by: deckeda
Date: April 05, 2021 04:14PM
Don’t ask Joe Manchin. He doesn’t know.

[www.washingtonpost.com]

Why do I get the feeling if the White House said the corporate tax rate should go back to something very close to the 35% it was prior to 2017 Manchin might have then tossed out the 28% instead?

He knows the 2017 tax cut was permanent, and yet 28 is too high today.

It’s contrarian for contrarian’s sake. Maybe Biden should announce they’ll offer no further legislation until Manchin OK’s it first. This is theater, and Republicans aren’t gonna be showering Manchin with hosannas no matter what.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Eh, 28, 25% what’s the difference?
Posted by: vision63
Date: April 06, 2021 03:06PM
He's going to do what he thinks he can sell the people in his state. By slightly deviating, he can say he fought it down. His problem is he barely won in 2018. He's got no breathing room in his red state. The infrastructure bill can help solidify his position if he's able to funnel well paying jobs into the state and be able to take credit for it.

I'm sure that's being considered.

He won at the height of Trumpism. That's not bad at all.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2021 03:07PM by vision63.
Re: Eh, 28, 25% what’s the difference?
Posted by: Ted King
Date: April 06, 2021 03:55PM
I am getting frustrated with Manchin continuing to insist that there needs to be at least a little Republican senator buy-in for the infrastructure bill. But McConnell has already come out and unequivocally said that Republican senators will not cooperate with the Democrats on the bill. So what is Manchin thinking - that he'll be able to woo a couple of Republicans anyway? His obstinance about Republicans having to be part of the process and the fact that Republicans aren't going to be part of the process has me puzzled and a bit concerned. Maybe he needs to show the folks back home that he did everything he could to get Republicans to cooperate?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 85
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020