advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Apropos of ... ?? Officer Chavin isn’t getting symbolic support
Posted by: deckeda
Date: April 05, 2021 04:41PM
Chair for Chauvin supporter removed because no one was using it

It’s not a story. Just a little news brief.

WaPo

Court security on Monday removed the chair designated for a family member or friend of Derek Chauvin because it has sat empty since March 8, when proceedings opened with jury selection.

The number of people inside the courtroom has been dramatically limited to accommodate pandemic social distancing measures, but two chairs had been set aside at the back of the courtroom – one for an associate of Chauvin and another for George Floyd’s family. Floyd’s relatives have regularly filled their designated seat, but Chauvin’s seat has sat empty until it was taken from the courtroom this week.

A deputy with the Hennepin County Sheriff’s Office, which is providing security in the courtroom, told a pool reporter that if a Chauvin associate shows up for proceedings, the chair will be placed back inside the courtroom.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Apropos of ... ?? Officer Chavin isn’t getting symbolic support
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: April 05, 2021 06:07PM
Not surprised. Anyone who sits there is going to be identified and relentlessly attacked and harassed by Floyd supporters.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: Speedy
Date: April 06, 2021 05:08AM
C(-)ris
relentlessly attacked and harassed by Floyd supporters.

Interesting supposition. I’m not sure how many people support George Floyd versus how many people think kneeling on a black man’s neck for passing a counterfeit $20 bill until he is dead is a crime.

I imagine his wife can’t sit there as long as the couple is trying to protect their assets through divorce. I haven’t heard any relatives speak about supporting kneeling on someone’s neck. I would think there is a cop somewhere within easy driving distance who thinks it’s a good idea to cuff a suspect and then kneel on his neck for over nine minutes but feels sitting in the chair might not be a good career move. The ex-cop does have many supporters out-state but it would be a long drive to show up regularly.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: April 06, 2021 05:44AM
C(-)ris
Not surprised. Anyone who sits there is going to be identified and relentlessly attacked and harassed by Floyd supporters.

Interesting world you inhabit.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: April 06, 2021 08:03AM
RgrF
C(-)ris

I would submit that in the U.S.now, any individual who publicly declares a position on any controversial subject would likely be harassed, and even receive death threats.

It's not a commentary on what that "position" might be, but on the reality that there are violent, dogmatic "wingnuts" sufficient to act out in this way.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: April 06, 2021 11:28AM
All his supporters are cowards, you say?

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Date: April 06, 2021 01:32PM
DeusxMac
RgrF
C(-)ris

I would submit that in the U.S.now, any individual who publicly declares a position on any controversial subject would likely be harassed, and even receive death threats.

It's not a commentary on what that "position" might be, but on the reality that there are violent, dogmatic "wingnuts" sufficient to act out in this way.

That was a better way of saying what I meant. I wasn't commenting on right or wrong, just that anyone who sat there was going to be harrassed just for being there to provide support.

C(-)ris
Date: April 06, 2021 01:34PM
Speedy
C(-)ris

Interesting supposition. I’m not sure how many people support George Floyd versus how many people think kneeling on a black man’s neck for passing a counterfeit $20 bill until he is dead is a crime.

I imagine his wife can’t sit there as long as the couple is trying to protect their assets through divorce. I haven’t heard any relatives speak about supporting kneeling on someone’s neck. I would think there is a cop somewhere within easy driving distance who thinks it’s a good idea to cuff a suspect and then kneel on his neck for over nine minutes but feels sitting in the chair might not be a good career move. The ex-cop does have many supporters out-state but it would be a long drive to show up regularly.

The chair is for moral support, not to be viewed as taking a position on if what he did was right or wrong. Maybe he could have found a minister.

C(-)ris
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: April 06, 2021 01:40PM
C(-)ris
Speedy
C(-)ris

The chair is for moral support, not to be viewed as taking a position on if what he did was right or wrong. Maybe he could have found a minister.

And if your minister won't show up to support you, well..... draw your own conclusions.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: April 07, 2021 08:50AM
Is Kyle Rittenhouse is back under house arrest?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 88
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020