advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Today’s mass shooting(s?)
Posted by: pdq
Date: April 06, 2021 09:55AM
Sad story out of Texas. Dad moves family from Bangladesh to the US, presumably for a better life. His two teen boys struggle with alienation and depression in their new home and make a pact:

The lengthy note from Farhan Towhid, a 19-year-old Texan, went up on Instagram over the weekend, beginning with an alarming claim: “Hey everyone. I killed myself and my family.

...police forced their way into the red brick house in Allen, Tex. Inside, they found six people dead: Farhan Towhid; his brother, Tanvir Towhid, 21; his father, Towhidul Islam, 54; his mother, Iren Islam, 56; his grandmother Altafun Nessa, 77; and his 19-year-old twin sister, Farbin Towhid.

They had all been shot to death, police said, by Farhan and Tanvir Towhid as part of a suicide pact the pair had planned out for over a month.

Why?

According to Farhan’s note on Instagram, he and his brother Tanvir had struggled with mental illness for years...[they] decided to kill their family and then themselves...“Instead of having to deal with the aftermath of my suicide, I could just do them a favor and take them with me,” the note reads.

How? Well...you know.

The pair bought guns, he wrote, adding that “gun control in the U.S. is a joke” because the pair lied when asked if they were suffering from mental illness.

sad smiley

———

...and breaking news:

Police in Maryland are "on scene responding to an active shooter" in the city of Frederick on Tuesday morning, according to a tweet from city police.

You know what people are calling today?

Tuesday. (in America.)
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Today’s mass shooting(s?)
Posted by: Acer
Date: April 06, 2021 10:28AM
"'No Way To Prevent This,’ Says Only Nation Where This Regularly Happens"
--Onion News
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: April 06, 2021 11:24AM
.. and in Ohio, a law just went into effect that allows 'stand your ground'. Basically taking the 'castle doctrine' and making a person a castle. I double dog guarantee that at least one criminal defense lawyer is gonna use this law next week for today's East Cleveland shootings. There are at least two shootings a DAY on the East side. Last year's record was 48.6 per 100,000 residents.
[www.cleveland.com]
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: April 06, 2021 11:36AM
The shooter in Maryland was a Navy medic stationed at Ft. Detrick, where we keep and study the most virulent bioweapons in the world. He was shot to death shortly after he fled the office park where he blasted two people and then drove onto the base.

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2021 11:41AM by rjmacs.
Posted by: Don C
Date: April 06, 2021 11:37AM
Louisville has nearly doubled last year's pace up to this time of year and last year was a record number of shootings and deaths by firearm. They are not all in the same neighborhood and this year non involve the police.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: April 06, 2021 12:01PM

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 122
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020