You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
NYS Covid vacc fail
Posted by: Fritz
Date: April 06, 2021 02:35PM
went on NYS Covid vacc specific site.
Crashed.
Called their hot line.
Spoke to a rep as she watched it crash.
Finally found the nearest appt to me is in Buffalo NY, 300 miles away.
They've had a year to prep for the most important event in our lifetime.
giggle giggle giggle giggle

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: NYS Covid vacc fail
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: April 06, 2021 02:41PM
My sister turned me on to a local vaccine finder Facebook group that got me the codes I needed to get hooked up. I recommend the same. Many states are not handling this at all... many states eviscerated their public health function thanks to political beliefs.
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: April 06, 2021 02:51PM
.....they will often load a bunch of appointment at the same time but it can be hard to tell when.....you have to spend a lot of time checking and clicking......last Sat. they loaded a lot of appointments for Javits and they were loaded all day......

....I was able to make 5-6 appointments (I had to cancel each one as I got the earlier appointments)....first 2 months, then 1 1/2 month, then 1 month, then 3 weeks, finally got one for this Sat.......I spent all day constantly checking and clicking to get dates/times........sometimes even when you click, the appointment would disappear........

.....it isn't easy and you have to spend a lot of time......

....and the ones in the City are harder to get.....the ones out in SUNY seem to have more appointments.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/06/2021 02:54PM by NewtonMP2100.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: April 06, 2021 03:01PM
Fritz you need to come spend a weekend here in Republican-controlled TN, where Moderna flows from the hillside streams 24/7.

Clearly, you need to rethink your life choices.

I’ll even supply a tasty local beverage for after.
Date: April 06, 2021 04:13PM
cbelt - "Many states are not handling this at all... many states eviscerated their public health function thanks to political beliefs. "
How dare you infer that the gloriously inept State of NY has f'd up anything.! Sure, they give $B'aires tax breaks and birthed an idiot President. But I'm sure they hired the least competent web and IT people they could find for as little as possible there-by saving us taxpayers from doomsday.
"My" senators asst just gave me the info about the fbook groups.
Thank doG for z'berg. She also looked up on the NYS website of a vacc site close to me that she was sure was open. Eh-hem. It was and is not.
Seems Stony Brook may be most likely by Sunday.

Newton - Yes. Spending the day in front of a screen because NYS ... as I said above. My spouse who had been stuck in Fla, you know, the state no one wants to talk about, got vacc'd in early Feb. Good to be in the state of DeSantis, where many people still think Covid is a hoax and refuse to wear a mask as it is their god-given right.

deckeda - I appreciate the offer. I have many ex-pats friends in TN, mate. They moved there a couple decades ago, as heavy hitters to Music Row from NY and LA.
I have worked Nashville a couple times. It was not a life choice for me.
I'm a Kentucky, Islay and Knappogue drinker, though I'm sure I could find my way to TN.

I'm sure NYS will eventually work. But was more about they've had a year to prepare.
It is a giggle.

!#$@@$#!

If there are spelling issues, please pardon, Owen the cat is sitting on my keyboard.
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: April 06, 2021 04:22PM
Luckily I happened to visit my county site after they cleared out the previous full appointments. There are still 2 appointments open today when I just checked. It is still a mess in general, it seems they only put up new days to make appointments as doses trickle in. I made a reservation yesterday for a jab today. I just got back from a dose of the Janssen/J&J vaccine. woot smiley

I refused to create (or renew the 10 year old dark one) a new Faecesbook account in order to make it easier to find a vaccine appointment. They already have too much information on users.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: RgrF
Date: April 06, 2021 05:43PM
It was an early struggle here in LA but has since straightened out. Son waited patiently to become eligible and now has a pick of time and place - no waiting. That'll probably change next week when eligibility drops to everyone 16 years old and up. Given the population size (37+ million) and their extra effort to penetrate under-served population segments, it seems California has done a fairly decent job with distribution.

In response to 60 Minutes, DeSantis was bragging about vaccine penetration in Palm Beach County - he forgot to mention that less than 5% of low income and/or POC had been vaccinated or that his Health Department routinely fudges numbers - he's a true inheritor of the Trump legacy.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: April 06, 2021 08:23PM
Fritz

deckeda - I appreciate the offer. I have many ex-pats friends in TN, mate. They moved there a couple decades ago, as heavy hitters to Music Row from NY and LA.
I have worked Nashville a couple times. It was not a life choice for me.
I'm a Kentucky, Islay and Knappogue drinker, though I'm sure I could find my way to TN.

I'm less than 20mi from the KY border, where our handmade and quite decidedly sub-legal 'shine supply is sourced provided I catch our friend Pigs on the right day with what comes back in his truck's footwell. Pigs has a fine collection of tractors in the shed and an interesting coin and gun collection in the mobile home, all of which must surely be worth more than the mobile home. Without question, the "finest kind" of people, our Pigs. He rang the house phone one time, identifying himself by his real name and I didn't recognize it LOL.

I must confess I was introduced to, and appreciate a few products from the River Spey but the Islay region ... I was less of a fan. We don't need to mention (well-known) names there. That said I'd still not turn down a suitable castle-bred variety if provided the opportunity however.
Date: April 06, 2021 08:33PM
I like it smokey and peety.
I had a whiff of Ga's finest some years ago when I was working there.
The hair on the boys stood up and ran.

!#$@@$#!

Posted by: Robert M
Date: April 07, 2021 10:09AM
Fritz,

No surprise. NYS opened the door for anyone 16 years old and up to get vaccinated. It was very difficult to get appointments even when they limited the groups. Now? All bets are off. However, I wouldn't rely on just the NYS web site. The info for obtaining a vaccine from alternative vaccination sites is readily available.

Counties, pharmacies and even towns and villages are setting up vaccinations and you can't find their appointment scheduling via the NYS site. You have to look at their sites. Even check out local Facebook and Nextdoor.com groups.

Robert
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 175
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020