advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
What do Trump voters believe now?
Posted by: Ted King
Date: April 06, 2021 04:20PM
[www.forbes.com]

*Half of Republicans believe the Jan. 6 siege was “largely a non-violent protest” or done by left-wing activists “trying to make Trump look bad,” the poll found.

*Only three in 10 Republicans blame Trump for the attack.

*Most respondents overall—59%—blame Trump for the attack, and 80% of Democrats and 60% of Independents do not believe the Jan. 6 events were nonviolent or staged by the left.

*While 60% of Americans overall believe President Joe Biden fairly won the presidential election, 60% of Republicans instead believe Trump’s claims that Biden’s win was due to widespread voter fraud despite a lack of credible evidence.

*Trump continues to have a strong hold on the GOP: 80% of Republicans have a positive view of the former president, and six in 10 believe he should run for president again in 2024.

*The poll was conducted among 1,005 U.S. adults between March 30-31—days after Trump defended the Capitol rioters during a Fox News interview on March 25 and said they posed “zero threat” and “love our country.”
- - - - - -
A February Quinnipiac University poll found 76% of Republicans believed the voter fraud claims, after a December poll from the same group found 77% support. A February poll from the R Street Institute showed 67% of Republicans believed the election was invalid.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: What do Trump voters believe now?
Posted by: Ammo
Date: April 06, 2021 04:35PM
Sad and disturbing. I think people have probably made up their minds and it’s not going to change much now.

Where is there dignity unless there is also honesty? - Cicero

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Posted by: sekker
Date: April 06, 2021 04:50PM
Clinical denial with moral freedom to believe the Big Lie is a powerful combination.
Posted by: DinerDave
Date: April 06, 2021 05:42PM
Sometimes you just can't figure out what or how people think.

Dave

Welcome to Dave's BBQ!

Many have eaten here....

Few have died
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: April 06, 2021 06:07PM
It’s the old “My mind’s made up; don’t confuse me with facts!”
Posted by: RgrF
Date: April 06, 2021 06:20PM
DeusxMac

That or "Thank you but I have my own set of alternative facts*."

*that pronouncement by Conway apparently caused a permanent rift with her teenage daughter.
Posted by: hal
Date: April 06, 2021 06:25PM
RgrF
DeusxMac

That or "Thank you but I have my own set of alternative facts*."

*that pronouncement by Conway apparently caused a permanent rift with her teenage daughter.

it seems that if she didn't say that, the teen would have found something else to cause a permanent rift.
Posted by: davemchine
Date: April 06, 2021 10:25PM
I have some family members that have gone so far to the right I simply don't know what to think anymore. Really bizarre behavior that I would have never thought possible from them.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: April 06, 2021 10:54PM
It’s hard taking a bone from a dog. These are people that for four plus years finally got to hit off the ‘you were right all along’ crack pipe.

All those crazy, bigoted, hateful, stupid, selfish things they couldn’t say in front of ‘certain people’ weren’t just validated, they were celebrated, as “truly American” and patriotic. They got catchy slogans. They got cool names they could call the other side out loud. They. Got. HATS.

Four years of the sweet nectar of you’re not crazy, they’re crazy... and bad and weak and stupid and perverted and unamerican and cannibals and... and...

You don’t let go of that high easily or willingly.
Posted by: Buzz
Date: April 07, 2021 12:11AM
Blankity Blank
It’s hard taking a bone from a dog. These are people that for four plus years finally got to hit off the ‘you were right all along’ crack pipe.

All those crazy, bigoted, hateful, stupid, selfish things they couldn’t say in front of ‘certain people’ weren’t just validated, they were celebrated, as “truly American” and patriotic. They got catchy slogans. They got cool names they could call the other side out loud. They. Got. HATS.

Four years of the sweet nectar of you’re not crazy, they’re crazy... and bad and weak and stupid and perverted and unamerican and cannibals and... and...

You don’t let go of that high easily or willingly.

Definite new sig material.
==
Posted by: sekker
Date: April 07, 2021 09:09AM
davemchine
I have some family members that have gone so far to the right I simply don't know what to think anymore. Really bizarre behavior that I would have never thought possible from them.

We have some of these in our family. They were always far right, but now they are far looney. I am appalled at some of their decisions not because it impacts me but because of what they are doing to their kids and the ability to operate in our society long-term.
Posted by: pdq
Date: April 07, 2021 09:34AM
Meh. I’ve seen it before.

History will show Nixon to have been one of our greatest presidents.

Yeaaahhhh....still waiting on that one.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 88
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020