advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
The Hatch Act violations are just starting to come out
Posted by: sekker
Date: April 07, 2021 09:56AM
'Lynne Patton, a former Trump appointee who served as a HUD regional administrator, has been fined $1,000 and agreed to a four-year ban from federal employment following an investigation stemming from a Hatch Act complaint from the watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and ethics in Washington.'

[twitter.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: The Hatch Act violations are just starting to come out
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: April 07, 2021 10:48AM
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: April 07, 2021 11:01AM
We need a Hatch Act Team in the DOJ that aggressively gets these people NOW rather than years later. To improve the survivability of our democracy. And PLEASE make them immune to politics... perpetual funding.

IMHO it's pitiful when watchdog organizations are owned by and report to the executive branch. That perpetuates abuse. In a corporate environment, the Audit group reports to a committee of senior executives and board members. And board members report to the stockholders. (well, yeah, sort of).
Posted by: hal
Date: April 07, 2021 12:14PM
sekker
'Lynne Patton, a former Trump appointee who served as a HUD regional administrator, has been fined $1,000 and agreed to a four-year ban from federal employment following an investigation stemming from a Hatch Act complaint from the watchdog group Citizens for Responsibility and ethics in Washington.'

[twitter.com]

I might point out that there is no penalty whatsoever. 'Agreed' to a four year ban? Not 'sentenced to' - and what Trumpster would willingly work for Biden over these four years anyway? $1000? What kind of disincentive is that? I bet she never pays the $1000 anyway.
Date: April 07, 2021 12:34PM
hal
sekker

[twitter.com]

I might point out that there is no penalty whatsoever. 'Agreed' to a four year ban? Not 'sentenced to' - and what Trumpster would willingly work for Biden over these four years anyway? $1000? What kind of disincentive is that? I bet she never pays the $1000 anyway.

I interpreted this to be a shot fired across the bow. For this person, losing access to a governmental job is a big deal. For others, not allowing them to have a governmental contract would be appropriate.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: April 07, 2021 12:53PM
Even better would to replace Hatch with something with teeth. Hatch was so many other laws, only designed for people who respected and recognized what they stood for to begin with. Team Trump never had any problem with plowing ahead on anything that wouldn’t result in a same-day arrest.
Posted by: rjmacs
Date: April 07, 2021 02:16PM
Not saying she didn't have it coming, but did anyone else notice that the first person they went after and punished just happened to be a Black woman?

rj
AKA
Vreemac, Moth of the Future
Date: April 07, 2021 04:00PM
rjmacs
Not saying she didn't have it coming, but did anyone else notice that the first person they went after and punished just happened to be a Black woman?

yes, I was disappointed with that selection.
Posted by: bfd
Date: April 07, 2021 04:50PM
cbelt3
We need a Hatch Act Team in the DOJ that aggressively gets these people NOW rather than years later. To improve the survivability of our democracy. And PLEASE make them immune to politics... perpetual funding.

IMHO it's pitiful when watchdog organizations are owned by and report to the executive branch. That perpetuates abuse. In a corporate environment, the Audit group reports to a committee of senior executives and board members. And board members report to the stockholders. (well, yeah, sort of).

Certainly, Gary Paulsen would know what to do about Dumbf, given the opportunity:

Hey Donnie, wanna have lunch with my bear?
Posted by: PeterB
Date: April 07, 2021 06:26PM
Lux Interior

... it never gets old.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: Bill in NC
Date: April 12, 2021 06:10AM
Slaps on the wrist.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 176
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020