advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
(Oh well)' Coronavirus Pfizer CEO says third COVID booster shot ‘likely’ needed within a year of getting vaccinated'
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: April 15, 2021 02:53PM
in light of recent news this is not unexpected.

Pfizer CEO says third COVID booster shot ‘likely’ needed within a year of getting vaccinated
[www.nydailynews.com]

Pfizer CEO Albert Bourla predicted Thursday that people who have received the company’s COVID vaccine will “likely” need a third booster shot within a year to maintain protection against the virus.

“It is extremely important to suppress the pool of people that can be susceptible to the virus,” Bourla told CNBC.

The pharmaceutical chief said it’s also possible that people will need to get inoculated every year against coronavirus.

The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines already required two separate shots a few weeks apart.

Pfizer had said as early as February that it was testing booster shots in case it was determined they would be needed.

Moderna, the competitor whose vaccine uses a similar so-called messenger RNA platform as Pfizer’s, has also said its testing booster shots.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: (Oh well)' Coronavirus Pfizer CEO says third COVID booster shot ‘likely’ needed within a year of getting vaccinated'
Posted by: mattkime
Date: April 15, 2021 03:05PM
It'll be interesting to see how this works across the various vaccines.

Re: (Oh well)' Coronavirus Pfizer CEO says third COVID booster shot ‘likely’ needed within a year of getting vaccinated'
Posted by: vision63
Date: April 15, 2021 04:38PM
I assumed there would be one every year until the virus is managed. I get the flu shot every year.
Posted by: sekker
Date: April 15, 2021 04:40PM
Good, and I am looking forward to rolling up my sleeve so I do not have to go to the hospital for COVID 22.
Posted by: Ombligo
Date: April 15, 2021 05:21PM
Realistically, I think it is going to be a difficult sell to get people to go for a third round. The illness, soreness, etc is going to keep many from doing it again. I sure don't look forward to being hit by that bus again.

“No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit they are wrong.”
-- François de La Rochefoucauld

Growing older is mandatory. Growing up is optional.
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: April 15, 2021 05:56PM
Ombligo
Realistically, I think it is going to be a difficult sell to get people to go for a third round. The illness, soreness, etc is going to keep many from doing it again. I sure don't look forward to being hit by that bus again.

I don't mind if it is a yearly thing or even 6 month thing. Hopefully the symptoms aren't as bad as the second one every time. I had a sore arm and one day of feeling tired and sore. Not the end of the world. I'd trade that for wearing a mask every day in a heartbeat. I might even take a monthly shot if it meant ditching the mask. I also wonder if it is possible to package it for self administration with a pen.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: vision63
Date: April 15, 2021 05:57PM
Ombligo

As long as "I'm" safe then. I'm trying to live.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: April 15, 2021 06:36PM
Too soon to know this.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: April 15, 2021 07:45PM
Lemon Drop
Too soon to know this.

my thoughts, too
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: April 15, 2021 08:46PM
Lemon Drop
Too soon to know this.

They should have preliminary data from early studies at the 9 month mark.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: April 16, 2021 04:20AM
As long as "I'm" safe then. I'm trying to live.

Same here.

My condolences to anyone who's had bad side effects or feels they aren't worth tolerating for some COVID protection, but I'm down for a booster every year or even every six months.

I was walking through Kaiser a few years back when I checked out two attractive RNs at a table, and the next thing I know, I had a flu shot.

So I go every year now.

If COVID boosters become an annual thing, it should settle down to an even quicker, smoother process.

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: April 16, 2021 08:35AM
C(-)ris
Lemon Drop
Too soon to know this.

They should have preliminary data from early studies at the 9 month mark.

Not related to variants. If you're looking at how long it protects against the original strain, the original round of vaccine is still protecting. This isn't my guess, it's coming from public health experts. Too soon to know about boosters.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 157
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020