advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
So, a video has been released about that senior who had her arm broken
Posted by: deckeda
Date: April 27, 2021 10:53AM
[forums.macresource.com]

This is not a story about the arrest. It's a story about her booking afterwards. (6 hours w/no medical attention)

[www.washingtonpost.com]

A video of the cops watching the arrest video has been released. Ladies and gents, I present to you modern policing:

The nearly one-hour booking cell video released Monday shows two Loveland Police Department officers who participated in Garner’s arrest fist-bumping each other while discussing the incident. At one point, they are joined by another officer as they mock and praise the arrest, which they claimed “went great,” while referring to Garner as “ancient,” “senile” and “flexible.”

“We crushed it,” one of the officers says.

[www.youtube.com]

“This is great,” Hopp said.

“I love it,” Blackett replied.

At one point, as the three officers remain glued to the computer screen re-watching the arrest, one officer says, “It’s like TV!”

“The body-cam show,” another officer replied, while laughing.

Near the end of the clip, Hopp says Garner is the first person he’s ever used his hobble restraint on during an arrest. “I was super excited,” Hopp said. “I was like, ‘All right, let’s wrestle, girl. Let’s wreck it!’ I got her on the ground and all that stuff. I got her cuffed up. … Threw her on the ground a couple of times.”

The officers also appear to monitor Garner from a screen and at one point Jalali enters her cell and comes back to report that Garner is claiming the handcuffs are hurting her hands.

Schielke said it took six hours before Garner was seen by a doctor.

Months after her arrest, Garner moved into a memory care facility about 45 minutes away from Loveland, where she used to live in a condo one block away from a daughter’s house. While Garner used to play cards, garden and was “fiercely independent,” she dropped those activities after the arrest, Schielke said.

“Since this happened, it’s vanished,” Schielke said. “The Loveland Police Department took it all away from her and now we know they laughed about it, too.”

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2021 10:53AM by deckeda.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: So, a video has been released about that senior who had her arm broken
Posted by: btfc
Date: April 27, 2021 11:00AM
Another version:

[news.yahoo.com]
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: April 27, 2021 11:25AM
"Groupthink is a psychological phenomenon that occurs within a group of people in which the desire for harmony or conformity in the group results in an irrational or dysfunctional decision-making outcome. Cohesiveness, or the desire for cohesiveness, in a group may produce a tendency among its members to agree at all costs. This causes the group to minimize conflict and reach a consensus decision without critical evaluation."

Causes
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: April 27, 2021 11:33AM
"Listen for the pop ".
As this elderly woman's shoulder was dislocated and her arm was broken.

ANIMALS.
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: April 27, 2021 11:38AM
SHE BROKE THE LAW!!!

SHE RESISTED ARREST!!!

Move along citizen. This doesn't concern you.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: April 27, 2021 11:45AM
Saw that last night and felt depressed and upset. Sadistic @#$%& need to be in prison.

If anyone did that to my Mom I would be the one in prison .
Posted by: sekker
Date: April 27, 2021 12:26PM
So disturbing, might make some pale faces care some about excessive force.

'Who watches the watchers' seems to be apropos here.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: April 27, 2021 12:55PM
Lux Interior
SHE BROKE THE LAW!!!

SHE RESISTED ARREST!!!

Move along citizen. This doesn't concern you.

Indeed, this is the justification for shooting deaths. All that is necessary is the officer thought it was reasonable to do so, or that it was reasonable to accidentally do so.

And then training is referenced.
Posted by: davester
Date: April 27, 2021 01:42PM
duplicate post

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2021 01:46PM by davester.
Posted by: davester
Date: April 27, 2021 01:43PM
This makes me sick! Those cops should have been arrested and thrown in jail for assault. They can use their vacation leave in there. Don't even give them administrative leave...they don't deserve it.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: Acer
Date: April 27, 2021 02:35PM
It only takes one traumatic event like this to take someone elderly but reasonably independent and put them in the nursing home. They can't bounce back. And you've cheated them out of the precious time of independence they had left.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2021 02:36PM by Acer.
Posted by: Diana
Date: April 27, 2021 02:49PM
Acer
It only takes one traumatic event like this to take someone elderly but reasonably independent and put them in the nursing home. They can't bounce back. And you've cheated them out of the precious time of independence they had left.

No, they can’t bounce back. And often the time in the nursing home (old folks home) is a fraction of the time they would have had, if they had remained even semi independent.
Posted by: Blankity Blank
Date: April 27, 2021 06:28PM
Acer

As quoted in the OP: ” Months after her arrest, Garner moved into a memory care facility about 45 minutes away from Loveland, where she used to live in a condo one block away from a daughter’s house. While Garner used to play cards, garden and was “fiercely independent,” she dropped those activities after the arrest, Schielke said.”

This is stomach turning.

Watching the video, the display of dysfunction is jaw dropping. A 73 year old woman, of diminished capacity, sits in a cell, known to be injured — a broken arm and dislocated shoulder (“pop!”) — while they review their handiwork.

One officer thoughtfully apologizes to another of the officers if he ::gasp:: inadvertently pushed her to the side during the arrest, leaving her fretting the other officers might think she didn’t try hard enough to get in on the assault of the arrestee. The tauma! The anxiety she must have suffered those long minutes she thought she might not be one of the boys!

Granny’s arm (and spirit) may be broken, but our law enforcement culture is just peachy keen.

National Suicide Prevention Hotline tel:1-800-273-8255

I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: April 28, 2021 12:01PM
DeusxMac
"Groupthink is a psychological phenomenon that occurs within a group of people in which the desire for harmony or conformity in the group results in an irrational or dysfunctional decision-making outcome. Cohesiveness, or the desire for cohesiveness, in a group may produce a tendency among its members to agree at all costs. This causes the group to minimize conflict and reach a consensus decision without critical evaluation."

Causes

It's this, and the "think" in this case is sadistic behavior that they can perpetrate legally. Is there a sadism test for new recruits in the police academy?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 128
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020