advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Previous 4 years seem like.....
Posted by: samintx
Date: April 30, 2021 09:50AM
To me, when my mind wanders...seems like a night of Jimmy Kimmel or some other comic. Like it wasn’t real. Hard to imagine it lasted 4 years.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/30/2021 09:51AM by samintx.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Previous 4 years seem like.....
Posted by: sekker
Date: April 30, 2021 09:55AM
samintx
To me, when my mind wanders...seems like a night of Jimmy Kimmel or some other comic. Like it wasn’t real. Hard to imagine it lasted 4 years.

Yes, like living in a 4 year-long reality TV show, wasn't it?

Isn't it nice that competency in our top government officials is now boring?
Posted by: deckeda
Date: April 30, 2021 10:29AM
samintx
...seems like a night of Jimmy Kimmel or some other comic. Like it wasn’t real...

Ooh, no. Bad example: [www.cnn.com]
Posted by: samintx
Date: April 30, 2021 11:33AM
deckeda
samintx
...seems like a night of Jimmy Kimmel or some other comic. Like it wasn’t real...

Ooh, no. Bad example: [www.cnn.com]

I watched it. Poor Lindell.
Posted by: Ammo
Date: April 30, 2021 11:46AM
FFY:

Yes, like living in a 4 year-long EXTREMELY NASTY reality TV show, wasn't it?

Where is there dignity unless there is also honesty? - Cicero

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Posted by: hal
Date: April 30, 2021 12:26PM
samintx

I was saying just this to my sister yesterday. It was like a dream - did we really just live through 4 years of Trump as president?
Posted by: rgG
Date: April 30, 2021 12:40PM
hal
samintx

I was saying just this to my sister yesterday. It was like a dream - did we really just live through 4 years of Trump as president?

A very bad dream that I try to block out of my mind.
It is so nice not to feel my blood pressure rise every time I see or hear anything about the president.
It was like being in constant “trigger mode” for an anxiety attack that lasted four years.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: hal
Date: April 30, 2021 01:08PM
hard to imagine life today if he was reelected
Posted by: davester
Date: April 30, 2021 01:09PM
sekker
samintx

Yes, like living in a 4 year-long reality TV show horror movie, wasn't it?

FTFY

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: TheCaber
Date: April 30, 2021 03:37PM
#45: Worst. president. ever.

=TC
Posted by: PeterB
Date: April 30, 2021 03:49PM
davester
sekker
samintx

Yes, like living in a 4 year-long reality TV show horror movieslow-motion car accident, wasn't it?

FTFY

FTFY.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: davester
Date: April 30, 2021 09:35PM
PeterB
davester
sekker
samintx

Yes, like living in a 4 year-long reality TV show horror movieslow-motion car accident, wasn't it?

FTFY

FTFY.

I'm not sure there was anything slow-motion about it.

"In science it often happens that scientists say, 'You know that's a really good argument; my position is mistaken,' and then they would actually change their minds and you never hear that old view from them again. They really do it. It doesn't happen as often as it should, because scientists are human and change is sometimes painful. But it happens every day. I cannot recall the last time something like that happened in politics or religion." (1987) -- Carl Sagan
Posted by: RgrF
Date: April 30, 2021 10:43PM
Unless you were in on the grift, It was an absolute, unmitigated, unimaginable disaster.
Posted by: bfd
Date: April 30, 2021 10:46PM
One "for sure" that this brings up is that "for sure", we can't allow DJT to get back into the WH. Ever.
Posted by: PeterB
Date: May 01, 2021 09:47AM
davester
PeterB
davester
sekker
samintx

FTFY

FTFY.

I'm not sure there was anything slow-motion about it.

Slow-motion because it lasted four years, and during those four years, we all saw various things fly by until they reached the crescendo that was 1/6/2021.

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: Sam3
Date: May 03, 2021 04:15AM
Driving through rural Michigan I am constantly reminded of the last 4 years. 'Trump 2020' flags still flapping in the breeze, 'Don't Tread on Me' flags, and even a few 'Trump 2024' flags. That doesn't even begin to take in all of the "Impeach Whitmer" and "My Governor is an Idiot" signs I see posted.

The arts are not luxuries but assets that give way more than they cost.
--Ronald Tucker on YouTube

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn't work if it is not open.
--Frank Zappa
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 142
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020