You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
J&J Vaccine and Fainting Revisited...
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: May 01, 2021 03:52AM
[forums.macresource.com]

Yep.

Anxiety-induced. Sing it!

[www.cdc.gov]

Anxiety-Related Adverse Event Clusters After Janssen COVID-19 Vaccination — Five U.S. Mass Vaccination Sites, April 2021

...Overall, 64 anxiety-related events, including 17 reports of syncope (fainting), an anxiety-related event, among 8,624 Janssen COVID-19 vaccine recipients, were reported from these sites for vaccines administered during April 7–9.

...The most commonly reported signs and symptoms were light-headedness or dizziness (56%), pallor or diaphoresis (excessive sweating) (31%), syncope (27%), nausea or vomiting (25%), and hypotension (16%). Thirteen (20%) patients informed staff members of a history of fainting associated with receiving injections or needle aversion. Site A reported events during each of 3 days (April 7–9) and did not suspend vaccination; other sites reported multiple events on a single day, after which vaccination at those sites was temporarily suspended. Prevalence of anxiety-related adverse events ranged from 5.2 to 13.5 per 1,000 persons vaccinated.

...Approximately one quarter of the syncopal and other anxiety-related events after receipt of Janssen COVID-19 vaccine described in this report occurred in persons who reported a history of similar events after vaccination. Because the Janssen COVID-19 vaccine is administered as a single dose, this vaccine might be a more attractive option for persons who have needle aversion. Therefore, it is possible that some persons seeking Janssen COVID-19 vaccination could be more highly predisposed to anxiety-related events after being vaccinated. The stress of an ongoing pandemic might also increase anxiety surrounding COVID-19 vaccination. In addition, in mass vaccination situations, an anxiety-related event witnessed by others on-site or reported through media coverage might provoke additional anxiety-induced episodes.

Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: J&J Vaccine and Fainting Revisited...
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 01, 2021 06:14AM
Pres. Trump has an admitted needle aversion. The single-dose vaccine should be just the ticket for his booster unless there is an oral version by fall. This assumes New York will still be vaccinating its inmates.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: cbelt3
Date: May 01, 2021 06:54AM
Speedy
…This assumes New York will still be vaccinating its inmates.

POMTL ! smiley-laughing001
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 01, 2021 08:44AM
....so it was like I said....like the Salem witch trials......mass hysteria/anxiety.....

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: May 01, 2021 10:31AM
I got light-headed after my shot of Jannsen vaccine, but it was that night when I got out of my recliner to go to bed. After donating the equivalent of nearly 6 gallons of blood products, I don't have a problem with needles any more.

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 131
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020