advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Give Arizona Repubs an inch...
Posted by: pdq
Date: May 09, 2021 08:04PM
...and you know the rest:

...the Arizona Senate has [floated] plans [for] a controversial election auditing measure that would have allowed contractors to visit voters door-to-door and interrogate them about their voting record.

... As part of the process, officials contracted a conspiracy-prone firm called Cyber Ninjas, which started work to “statistically identify voter registrations that did not make sense, and then knock on doors to confirm if valid voters actually lived at the stated address.”

You know, you live in a pretty Republican district, and yet, your voter registration is Democratic. As authorized by the Arizona Senate, we’d like to have a little chat with you about this.

Fortunately, the DOJ caught wind of this, and the Republican-controlled AZ Senate appears to have backed down...for now.

This is freakin ridiculous.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Give Arizona Repubs an inch...
Posted by: Acer
Date: May 09, 2021 09:57PM
Just what our democracy needs, overweight, open-carrying Y'all Queda brownshirts assuring purity. "Papers please! No? What are you hiding, citizen?"
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: May 09, 2021 09:58PM
I’m glad to hear they backed down. I’m surprised they were ordered to.
Posted by: TheCaber
Date: May 09, 2021 11:08PM
What is it about 'secret ballot' that makes them think they can ignore the 'secret' part?

Right: Morons.

=TC
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: May 10, 2021 09:24AM
They live in such a fantasy.

They actually believe the BS and think that any D vote must be a fraud. Rs should be winning with 100% of the vote.
Posted by: Carnos Jax
Date: May 10, 2021 09:31AM
Copulating sphincters they are!
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 10, 2021 09:51AM
S. Pupp
I’m glad to hear they backed down. I’m surprised they were ordered to.

The Department of Justice ain't what it used to be under Benedict Donald.
Posted by: Ted King
Date: May 10, 2021 10:24AM
[www.huffpost.com]

Last week, the state Senate decided to delay the personal canvassing of voters, in which Cyber Ninjas operatives grilled residents about their voting. Republicans in the Senate backed off after receiving a complaint from the U.S. Department of Justice that such action could amount to illegal voter intimidation and civil rights violations.

Arizona Senate President Karen Fann told the Justice Department that if that portion of the project is restarted, canvassers “will not carry a firearm or other weapons” when they knock on citizens’ doors.

e pluribus unum
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: May 10, 2021 10:46AM
“will not carry a firearm or other weapons”

Ok, the fact that somebody needed to proffer that bit is truly troubling...

But – other weapons?!

WTF!

What weapons would be appropriate for an interview of dubious purpose and ethics, if not legality, by third-party yahoos anyway?

Do they really think they can get votes adjusted with "Wait, I didn't vote for Biden, there must be some mistake" testimony"?

Maybe so, if they're examining the ballots for traces of bamboo to find the fake ballots that were flown in from China.

Oh, and UV light!

Is that because this isn't a transparent operation?

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Posted by: GGD
Date: May 10, 2021 11:07AM
RAMd®d
“will not carry a firearm or other weapons”

Ok, the fact that somebody needed to proffer that bit is truly troubling...

But – other weapons?!

WTF!

What weapons would be appropriate for an interview of dubious purpose and ethics, if not legality, by third-party yahoos anyway?

Instead maybe they'll just bring some sporting equipment, Baseball Bats, Golf Clubs, Archery Bow/Arrows, Bowling Ball, etc.
Posted by: pdq
Date: May 10, 2021 12:13PM
One rat off this ship:

A GOP state senator in Arizona described the controversial vote audit in Maricopa County as "ridiculous" and an embarrassment in an interview with The New York Times on Friday.

Sen. Paul Boyer, a Republican who represents a suburb of Phoenix, told the publication that he initially supported and voted for the audit but that he regretted doing so after seeing how poorly it was being conducted.

Ah, yes - this should be known as the modern Republican’s regret. Like: Yeah, sure I voted for Trump, but I didn’t expect him to be as bad as people were saying he would be.

"It makes us look like idiots," Boyer said.

Yes. Yes it does.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 10, 2021 01:12PM
re: Boyer

Absent of any indication he’d not similarly support such an endeavor again, the fact that he’s having doubts today = meaningless.

These people do not come full circle. They take a step back perhaps, but at the next opportunity where it feels OK to be an idiot, Boyer surely will do so.

His options are to slink back and take his beat-down, directly challenge his colleagues, or leave the party. Does anyone really think #2 or #3 are being considered?
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: May 10, 2021 03:47PM
pdq

"It makes us look like idiots," Boyer said.

Yes. Yes it does.

lol! That ship has sailed.

To the edge of the Earth and over...
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 10, 2021 05:31PM
I dunno, this could be BIG, LIkE overturning the election. Super Trump is ready to swoop back-in in a moments notice, right after his golf game.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2021 05:33PM by Speedy.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 391
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020