advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Time for Andromeda Strain Panic?? NASA probe begins journey to earth after collecting asteroid samples
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 10, 2021 09:50AM
If you thought the 'Chinese Rocket Booster To Destroy Earth' panics had credibility...you'll love the stupidity about to blossom around this one!!

NASA's asteroid-sampling mission will bid farewell to asteroid Bennu today

[www.space.com]

After more than two years circling a lumpy space rock called Bennu, it's finally time for NASA's OSIRIS-REx spacecraft to head back to Earth with a full load precious cargo: pieces of an asteroid.

OSIRIS-REx (known formally as Origins, Spectral Interpretation, Resource Identification, Security, Regolith Explorer) collected asteroid samples from Bennu in October. Now it's time to bring those samples home to laboratories on Earth for scientists to study to understand how asteroids, and our solar system, formed.

If all goes as planned, OSIRIS-REx will head for home today (May 10) at about 4 p.m. EDT (2000 GMT) and are expecting to receive confirmation about 16 minutes later that the spacecraft's thrusters began to fire. NASA will broadcast live coverage from mission control, including new images from the spacecraft's final pass over Bennu, today beginning at 4 p.m. EDT.

But will it escape from the lab? stay tuned to you local Fox channel.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Time for Andromeda Strain Panic?? NASA probe begins journey to earth after collecting asteroid samples
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: May 10, 2021 10:12AM
Re: Time for Andromeda Strain Panic?? NASA probe begins journey to earth after collecting asteroid samples
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: May 10, 2021 10:31AM
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: May 10, 2021 11:22AM
Lux Interior

Wouldn't it be ironic if the returning satellite crashed in Wuhan...

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Posted by: CW2V
Date: May 10, 2021 01:27PM

CW2V
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: May 10, 2021 05:06PM
Old news.

Japan's Hayabusa 2 already returned samples from another asteroid in Dec 2020.
Date: May 10, 2021 06:17PM
Lew Zealand
Old news.

Japan's Hayabusa 2 already returned samples from another asteroid in Dec 2020.

December 2020?
Wasn't that about the time the PANDEMIC crashed into the world?
Posted by: Ca Bob
Date: May 10, 2021 06:36PM
This is a different kind of asteroid
Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 10, 2021 11:20PM
Ca Bob
This is a different kind of asteroid

So we can expect a different kind of pandemic.
Posted by: RAMd®d
Date: May 12, 2021 09:09AM
I wonder how difficult it would be for one insane man to start an actual pandemic-panic over the return of this probe.

"They're doing bad things up there..."

Your boos mean nothing to me, I've seen what you cheer for.

We are a government of laws, not men.

Everybody matters or nobody matters.

When a good man is hurt,
all who would be called good
must suffer with him.

You and I have memories longer than the road that stretches out ahead.

There is no safety for honest men except
by believing all possible evil of evil men.

We don’t do focus groups. They just ensure that you don’t offend anyone, and produce bland inoffensive products. —Sir Jonathan Ive

An armed society is a polite society.
And hope is a lousy defense.

You make me pull, I'll put you down.

I *love* SIGs. It's Glocks I hate.
Date: May 12, 2021 01:25PM
RAMd®d
I wonder how difficult it would be for one insane man to start an actual pandemic-panic over the return of this probe.

"They're doing bad things up there..."

I think we may find out. This seems to be the glory age of stupid.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 91
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020