advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
Recent -shocking- update: Owner of Kentucky Derby horse with positive urine drug test goes on Fox, blames...
Posted by: pdq
Date: May 10, 2021 03:10PM
..."cancel culture".

ROTFL

During an appearance on Fox News on Monday, Baffert appeared to suggest he was a victim of larger forces. “Churchill Downs came out with that statement – that was pretty harsh,” said Baffert during an appearance on Fox News on Monday. “With all the noise … We live in a different world now. This America is different. It was like a cancel culture kind of a thing so they’re reviewing it.

Wel, he knows how to play to his audience, ya gotta give him that.

...and he says it's all a big misunderstanding, you know?

Baffert says one test issue was created by a groom urinating in the stall after the groom had been taking cough medicine. Horse ate some of the hay.

So, whaddya think guys? Credible?

Oh, one other thing:

Baffert has had at least 30 positive doping tests for his horses, but insisted to Fox that he runs a clean operation.

It's just those damn hired hands, swilling Robitussin and peeing on the hay, you know? Poor baby multi-multi-millionaire. No one knows how he suffers.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2021 08:28PM by pdq.
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: Owner of Kentucky Derby horse with positive urine drug test goes on Fox, blames...
Posted by: btfc
Date: May 10, 2021 03:16PM
Trump blames Dems:

[thehill.com]
Re: Owner of Kentucky Derby horse with positive urine drug test goes on Fox, blames...
Posted by: hal
Date: May 10, 2021 03:26PM
he probably did the doping intentionally with the plan to pull the MAGites into the conversation if they got caught.
Posted by: Ammo
Date: May 10, 2021 03:40PM
This horse's ***(Baffert) must be a Republican because repudiating honesty is now the litmus test of the party.

Where is there dignity unless there is also honesty? - Cicero

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. —Wendy Mass
Posted by: neophyte
Date: May 10, 2021 03:42PM
Cough medicine? Betamethasone is an anti-inflammatory formulated as a creme for topical use or as an injectable liquid. Not found in cough medicine.

The lies people make up...
Posted by: GGD
Date: May 10, 2021 03:46PM
Did they do a drug test on the hay to back this up? And of course DNA testing to link the urine back to the groom.
Posted by: rgG
Date: May 10, 2021 04:09PM
Have you heard this guy talk? He makes T**** look eloquent.
He can’t make a coherent sentence.

Roswell, GA (Atlanta suburb)
Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 10, 2021 04:18PM
"So now even our Kentucky Derby winner, Medina Spirit, is a junky says Trump - the candidate who draws 90% of the opioid hillbilly vote.
Posted by: Speedy
Date: May 10, 2021 05:24PM
rgG
Have you heard this guy talk? He makes T**** look eloquent.
He can’t make a coherent sentence.

Most people have a problem lying, even those who cheat all the time like Baffert.

Saint Cloud, Minnesota, where the weather is wonderful even when it isn't.
Posted by: DeusxMac
Date: May 10, 2021 06:23PM
Birds of a feather…

“A 2021 Sports Illustrated article said his political views were hard right, with Baffert expressing support for Donald Trump.”
Date: May 10, 2021 07:12PM
DeusxMac
Birds of a feather…

“A 2021 Sports Illustrated article said his political views were hard right, with Baffert expressing support for Donald Trump.”

"The only way this horse could lose the Kentucky Derby is if it was rigged"
Date: May 10, 2021 07:27PM
GGD
DeusxMac
Birds of a feather…

"The only way this horse could lose the Kentucky Derby is if it was rigged"

goodone
Posted by: Buzz
Date: May 10, 2021 10:05PM
neophyte
Cough medicine? Betamethasone is an anti-inflammatory formulated as a creme for topical use or as an injectable liquid. Not found in cough medicine.

The lies people make up...

I've been using the topical creme for years, as needed when skin conditions flare up. It's potent stuff. Expensive as hell before going generic. But it sure works well for healing the skin conditions quickly; just no joy with running faster, or jumping higher or farther. Not sure what it would take to pass enough on to a horse for mass quantities of it to show up in the horse's urine.

Now wondering if there's a way to figure out how it got into the horse's system, and why it's there. Baffert does a make a point when he asks, "Why would I (Baffert) do something that stupid?".... The horse tested double the legal limit for Betamethasone, and Baffert stated the horse wasn't on that med at all. Accidentally too much on a stableboy's hands? Or a nefarious competitor's injection? Baffert's political views aside, the whole situation doesn't pass the smell test from any side, or angle. We need an unredacted Mueller Report for this....
==
Posted by: Acer
Date: May 10, 2021 10:21PM
If the horse is exonerated, will the streets of Portland irrupt again?
Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 10, 2021 10:38PM
Biggest issue seems to be the trainer's track record.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: May 10, 2021 11:59PM
Buzz
neophyte
Cough medicine? Betamethasone is an anti-inflammatory formulated as a creme for topical use or as an injectable liquid. Not found in cough medicine....

I've been using the topical creme for years... Not sure what it would take to pass enough on to a horse for mass quantities of it to show up in the horse's urine.

It would take injecting a lot of it. (But this was probably a blood test.)

Buzz
Now wondering if there's a way to figure out how it got into the horse's system, and why it's there. Baffert does a make a point when he asks, "Why would I (Baffert) do something that stupid?"

Have you learned nothing since 2016?

He's a wealthy guy who doesn't feel that he will ever be held accountable for his actions. He was found guilty of doping twice last month and he doped another horse in the Derby last year. This is what he does.

As for how he thought he could get away with it, typically, dopers try to time and measure their steroid injections so that the levels in the bloodstream are detectable, but below the threshold for disqualification when a blood test is taken. (Thanks to Lance Armstrong for the lesson.)

It's plausible that they did everything "right" to avoid detection and then someone gave the horse additional steroids resulting in the high numbers in the test. Because they doped the horse surreptitiously, a caretaker may well have subsequently used the topical steroid or even injected a modest dose with confidence that it would be well under the limit. This has occurred before in horse racing.

This is American horse racing. There's a fair chance that every horse on the track was doped.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2021 12:05AM by Sarcany.
Posted by: mattkime
Date: May 11, 2021 08:23AM
Sarcany
This is American horse racing.

This

Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 11, 2021 11:30AM

'Owner denies any performance modifying drugs in Derby winner.'
Date: May 11, 2021 12:30PM
"It's plausible that they did everything "right" to avoid detection and then someone gave the horse additional steroids resulting in the high numbers in the test. Because they doped the horse surreptitiously, a caretaker may well have subsequently used the topical steroid or even injected a modest dose with confidence that it would be well under the limit. This has occurred before in horse racing."

That's more along the lines of what I was considering. Yes Baffert may have had his pinky in a few shady races over the years...., but it's not as if the racehorses are Mr. Ed, and can tell you exactly how they're feeling. You're taking a educated guess, and drugging them accordingly, trying to stay within testable limits. Baffert ain't no Charlie Whittingham. I wasn't giving him a pass; that's why I suggested a full, independent investigation before passing final judgment.
==
Posted by: Dennis S
Date: May 11, 2021 01:12PM
He's now blaming it on an antifungal rubbed on the horse that must have had some steroids in it.
Posted by: vision63
Date: May 11, 2021 02:14PM
Most importantly, all bets will stand.
Posted by: Sarcany
Date: May 11, 2021 06:13PM
Dennis S
He's now blaming it on an antifungal rubbed on the horse that must have had some steroids in it.

Bob Baffert releases new statement in which he says, “Oops, I guess I did do it”

[twitter.com]

Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 11, 2021 06:27PM
I gotta think that at the level of competition these horses run, everyone who should know, would know what pretty much any medicine or whatever might do.

It does them no good to risk tainting a victory ... unless I guess it does?
Date: May 11, 2021 08:16PM
Sarcany
Dennis S

Bob Baffert releases new statement in which he says, “Oops, I guess I did do it”

[twitter.com]

“My barn followed this recommendation and Medina Spirit was treated with Otomax once a day up until the day before the Kentucky Derby. [Monday], I was informed that one of the substances in Otomax is betamethasone. While we do not know definitively that this was the source of the alleged 21 picograms found in Medina Spirit’s post-race blood sample, and our investigation is continuing, I have been told by equine pharmacology experts that this could explain the test results. As such, I wanted to be forthright about this fact as soon as I learned of this information."

He's a trainer of racehorses, and by golly, he just didn't know what was in that prescription ointment or how to avoid getting a positive drug test with millions on the line.

Uh-huh.

I'd stick with the cough syrup/pee on hay story. It's more believeable.

Edit: BTW, Otomax is an ear medication approved for use in dogs and cats. And (get this!) Baffert had a horse disqualified for betamethasone in last year's Kentucky Oaks.

Of all the bad luck! These poor multimillionaire trainer/owners just can't catch a break. It must be cancel culture, somehow.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2021 08:33PM by pdq.
Date: May 11, 2021 08:30PM
pdq
I'd stick with the cough syrup/pee on hay story. It's more believeable.

I want to hear more about how Cancel Culture is responsible for this.
Date: May 11, 2021 09:45PM
Good on ya, Bob, for coming clean. Big fan of Betamethasone, after I found out I'd been using it for years as Diprolene Cream.
All those years, it was just "the super-potent steroid cream that works really well...."
Now that it's gone generic, it's "Betamethasone" and it's clearly in your face....

My 15g traveling tube... it scares the rash away before it even starts. It's *THAT* good.

I'd forgive you for not knowing Otomax's potency and full ingredients profile.
Still don't agree w/ your politics and some/many of your public positions, but do understand not connecting treating dermatitis w/ failing a drug test...
if that's really what happened.
==
Re: Recent -shocking- update: Owner of Kentucky Derby horse with positive urine drug test goes on Fox, blames...
Date: May 12, 2021 01:23AM
"Kentucky Derby horse with positive urine drug test"

How do they go about getting the horse to pee in a cup?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 128
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020