advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
NYT endorses Katheryn Garcia for Mayor
Posted by: hal
Date: May 10, 2021 08:04PM
I admit that I don't know what this means, but you can read all about it here: [www.nytimes.com]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: NYT endorses Katheryn Garcia for Mayor
Posted by: vision63
Date: May 10, 2021 08:23PM
She sounds fine. I had planned to vote for Maya Wiley, but was informed that it would be illegal for me to do so from California. Damn Republicans.
Posted by: hal
Date: May 10, 2021 08:29PM
vision63
She sounds fine. I had planned to vote for Maya Wiley, but was informed that it would be illegal for me to do so from California. Damn Republicans.

that's only for mail in ballots - if you go there and stay in a hotel, you're good
Posted by: mrbigstuff
Date: May 10, 2021 08:52PM
hal
vision63

that's only for mail in ballots - if you go there and stay in a hotel, you're good

Holiday Inn Express?
Posted by: Filliam H. Muffman
Date: May 10, 2021 09:50PM
So it's easier for v63 to vote illegally in the NY general, than for an Independent to vote in the primary?

In tha 360. MRF User Map
Date: May 10, 2021 10:52PM
Filliam H. Muffman
So it's easier for v63 to vote illegally in the NY general, than for an Independent to vote in the primary?

It's not illegal for independents to vote in a primary in New York. It's the same as me getting to vote on matters that happens in your house. Primaries that aren't closed should be illegal.
Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 10, 2021 11:10PM
In one party cities like New York and rural areas most everywhere primaries are tantamount to election so closing primaries denies a vast swath of voters a choice. On the other hand, party bosses love closed primaries.
Date: May 10, 2021 11:21PM
RgrF
In one party cities like New York and rural areas most everywhere primaries are tantamount to election so closing primaries denies a vast swath of voters a choice. On the other hand, party bosses love closed primaries.

I could say that about your house. I should get a say too, right? Parties aren't public institutions.

And another thing. It's not the Democratic Party's fault that you're not interested in winning. Not interested in succeeding. Not interested in growing your numbers. Not interested in competing for support. Not interested in accomodating someone that doesn't agree with you via collaboration.

They only reason they open is so that outsiders can game the party. Same thing with California's jungle primaries.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/10/2021 11:26PM by vision63.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 90
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020