advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
rOUSTabout?!....Liz Cheney ousted from GOP leadership.....
Posted by: NewtonMP2100
Date: May 12, 2021 09:15AM
......no surprise, as was expected......

.....Rep. Liz Cheney (R-WY) was ousted from House Republican Leadership on Wednesday,.......

I reject your reality and substitute my own!
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: rOUSTabout?!....Liz Cheney ousted from GOP leadership.....
Posted by: PeterB
Date: May 12, 2021 09:48AM
Ah, the party of Orange Dump takes a dump on itself!

There are only a few true Republicans left at this point: [www.bostonglobe.com]

Freya says, 'Hello from NOLA, baby!' (Laissez bon temps rouler!)
Posted by: SteveO
Date: May 12, 2021 10:08AM
Amazeballs. They have truly gone off the deep end of their flat earth. Alice in Wonderland, step aside.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2021 10:08AM by SteveO.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: May 12, 2021 10:47AM
Imagine a GOP that is too fascist for the Cheney family.

2022 gonna be interesting.
Posted by: pdq
Date: May 12, 2021 11:09AM
What I read recently is that there are some 100 Republican members of Congress who are talking about splitting off into a different party because of this nonsense.

I’ll believe it when I see it.

Edited typo.

Edit 2: the story I referred to turns out to be 100 Republicans, some of which were former members of Congress, but no current ones.

Much, much different. Previously-in-office Republicans speaking their minds is all the rage these days; those in office must praise almighty Trump.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/13/2021 08:47AM by pdq.
Posted by: S. Pupp
Date: May 12, 2021 11:15AM
Lemon Drop

Frightening, indeed.
And yet, people are continuing to support them, wearing their MAGA hats and saluting their orange Fuhrer.
Posted by: Lemon Drop
Date: May 12, 2021 11:33AM
Another irony . Her replacement Rep. Stefanik has a less conservative voting record. Cheney voted with Trump 93% of the time.

This isn't about conservative ideology anymore, just fealty to one person. Very disturbing.
Posted by: hal
Date: May 12, 2021 11:48AM
Date: May 12, 2021 11:48AM
Lemon Drop
Another irony . Her replacement Rep. Stefanik has a less conservative voting record. Cheney voted with Trump 93% of the time.

This isn't about conservative ideology anymore, just fealty to one person. Very disturbing.

Exactly. It's cowardice, or some have said it isn't so much cowardice as a long-standing movement to undermine the truth: [www.washingtonpost.com]

Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 12, 2021 11:52AM
hal

That surprises from Ramirez, he's as reactionary a political cartoonist as your liable to find.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 12, 2021 11:58AM
Lemon Drop

I read that the Freedom Caucus -- still apparently a thing -- has yet to interview Stefanik. When they endorse her, it'll be more proof that the most-conservative wing still stands for nothing and never has.

Sen. Cornyn gave Cheney a supportive nod, while also tossing her aside with the party line, could-mean-something-else rejoinder about how Republicans should not relitigate the past, time to move on ...

No one ever seems to question them on why Trump does that. They all want to portray Cheney as a stick in the mud to ignore the condemnation of them she represents.

I think I'll try to contact my Congressional rep's office and ask how he voted. I would suggest everyone who has a Republican representative do the same, and if they decline to say just declare it for them. Seems fair.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 12, 2021 12:08PM
PeterB
Lemon Drop

Exactly. It's cowardice, or some have said it isn't so much cowardice as a long-standing movement to undermine the truth: [www.washingtonpost.com]

Trump is indeed a convenient bogey to distract everyone. Folks like Cheney and Kinzinger are trying to shame colleagues but it won't work. Politicians love a false pretext and will run on that.

Cheney and Kinzinger and the handful of others will need to find a way to force Republicans to account for their actions, not their rhetoric or else they will lose.
Date: May 12, 2021 12:16PM
deckeda
PeterB
Lemon Drop

Trump is indeed a convenient bogey to distract everyone. Folks like Cheney and Kinzinger are trying to shame colleagues but it won't work. Politicians love a false pretext and will run on that.

Cheney and Kinzinger and the handful of others will need to find a way to force Republicans to account for their actions, not their rhetoric or else they will lose.

My personal take on it is that the only way the true Republicans will be able to move forward is to form their own party. No way will they be able to force the Orange Dumpers to take responsibility for their actions ... they've already lost their party to the Big Lie.

Posted by: btfc
Date: May 12, 2021 01:50PM
Posted by: samintx
Date: May 12, 2021 02:26PM
Secret or was there a count on ousting her for honesty?
Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 12, 2021 02:30PM
samintx
Secret or was there a count on ousting her for honesty?

No count, it was done on a voice vote that obscures accountability. Not only corrupt liars, they're cowards as well.
Posted by: $tevie
Date: May 12, 2021 03:12PM
I think the secret vote is to disguise the fact that it wasn't as popular an idea as they want us to think. We can imagine it was nearly unanimous whereas the truth may be different.

Posted by: $tevie
Date: May 12, 2021 03:19PM
Lemon Drop

I've been overly optimistic and totally wrong since 2015, but I'll stick my neck out once again: maybe by 2022 being primaried will work in the opposite way that the Former-Guy-butt-kissers anticipate. By then a lot of the lawsuits and legal investigations may be over with bad news for the right wing, and the virus may be controlled and the economy may be just fine and that orange coloring may be tarnished for all but the stupidest of voters. I'm probably going to be eating my words as usual but at least I can sleep at night.

Posted by: Ted King
Date: May 12, 2021 03:40PM
$tevie

I've been overly optimistic and totally wrong since 2015, but I'll stick my neck out once again: maybe by 2022 being primaried will work in the opposite way that the Former-Guy-butt-kissers anticipate. By then a lot of the lawsuits and legal investigations may be over with bad news for the right wing, and the virus may be controlled and the economy may be just fine and that orange coloring may be tarnished for all but the stupidest of voters. I'm probably going to be eating my words as usual but at least I can sleep at night.

I've been overly optimistic, too. I think the future you hope to see isn't improbable at all and may even be more likely than not. I prefer to think that it's at least a little more likely than not. It feels better to think that way.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2021 03:41PM by Ted King.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 199
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020