advertisement
Forums

AAPL stock: Click Here

You are currently viewing the 'Friendly' Political Ranting forum
"The people who raised the most skepticism against the vaccine were Republicans, Black respondents, and people making less than $30,000, according to the poll."
Posted by: hal
Date: May 12, 2021 03:45PM
Local news: Nearly 40% of Sacramentans say they won’t get a COVID vaccine.

I just saw this headline in the local paper (website). I'm flabbergasted. I was expecting 30%, not 40% - wow, but the fact that Black people and poor people (along with republicans) are the groups LEAST likely to get vax'd. I thought I that I read it wrong at first...

[www.capradio.org]
Options:  Reply • Quote
Re: "The people who raised the most skepticism against the vaccine were Republicans, Black respondents, and people making less than $30,000, according to the poll."
Posted by: GGD
Date: May 12, 2021 03:59PM
Santa Clara County 52.7% of age 16+ are fully vaccinated, 73.5% have had at least one dose. Looking hopeful.

[covid19.sccgov.org]
Re: "The people who raised the most skepticism against the vaccine were Republicans, Black respondents, and people making less than $30,000, according to the poll."
Posted by: Steve G.
Date: May 12, 2021 04:44PM
...and then they died
Posted by: C(-)ris
Date: May 12, 2021 05:47PM
Seems to match with the data and news that COVID is affecting those same population groups the hardest.

C(-)ris
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Throwback Thursday Signature:

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/12/2021 05:49PM by C(-)ris.
Posted by: Lew Zealand
Date: May 12, 2021 06:06PM
Black people have a reason to be cautious: Tuskegee.
Posted by: deckeda
Date: May 12, 2021 09:13PM
Lew Zealand
Black people have a reason to be cautious: Tuskegee.

It's a metaphor for mistrust at this point in time. Grounded in undeniable truth, yet disconnected from all context today.

And Tuskegee descendants know it. It's a shame that more do not.

[www.washingtonpost.com]
Posted by: Lux Interior
Date: May 13, 2021 06:30AM
Republicans are just doing it to own the libs.

They want the deaths to continue so they can point at Biden and say that he did just as bad as Trump at handling the pandemic (which is a hoax that isn't happening anyway).
Posted by: August West
Date: May 13, 2021 10:03PM

Grounded in undeniable truth, yet disconnected from all context today.

I absolutely disagree with this statement. IMO, mistrust is totally part of today's context, and for good reason.

Posted by: RgrF
Date: May 13, 2021 10:34PM
August West

Grounded in undeniable truth, yet disconnected from all context today.

I absolutely disagree with this statement. IMO, mistrust is totally part of today's context, and for good reason.

Not in any way disconnected from today.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Online Users

Guests: 66
Record Number of Users: 186 on February 20, 2020
Record Number of Guests: 5122 on October 03, 2020